View Poll Results: Are you pro-iPhone?

Voters
136. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I'm getting one/already have one

19 13.97%
  • No, Treos rock

76 55.88%
  • If I hear about iPhone again I'm going to puke.

41 30.15%
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Hi all

Just thought I'd give my thoughts about the iPhone craze...

Bottom line, it's a stunning device. I am a Mac junkie so I have to give credit where it's due. I'm actually really surprised that I didn't line up with the herds. However, we all know that iPhone can't hold a candle to what our Treos are capable of. Given with any first gen model, there is still a lot left to be desired...But it sure is pretty though.

I don't think it's pretty enough for me to ditch my 755 so I'm staying put--what about you?
    I love my Treo755P- it rocks. Add in the Sero plan and it is a no brainer. Not gonna switch. There is no reason too cause my Treo does so much more, and with no battery switch available 8 hours would not do it for me.
    I currently have a 750 and also purchased an iPhone on Friday. The thing still has not activated after 44 hours. It is beyond ridiculous. My 750 is rock solid and I wasn't getting rid of it. I am just a sucker for the newest gadget. I have a feeling that this iPhone is going back on Monday.
    Lock and Load!
  4.    #4  
    ah denny, sorry for your troubles!!
    i know, i'm a sucker for the latest and greatest too but when i read about all the stalled activations, i knew there would be some unhappy campers out there...
    Global Posts
    788 Global Posts
    AT&T sucks bad in my area, thats all I need to know about the iPhone
    M505 -> M515 -> Kyo6035 -> Kyo 7135 -> Treo 600 ->Treo 650 -> Treo 700P -> Treo 700 WX -> Samsung Saga VZW
    Cingulars name is now AT&T, your world delivered.
    Matty
    Last time I had AT&T service 5 years ago, I threw my phone out a car window on the way to an emergency room for an allergic reaction. I just lost it. The combination of the allergic reaction and the network busy signals I was always getting threw me over the edge. Looking back, it was probably one of the smartest things I ever did.
    Quote Originally Posted by michelle View Post
    ah denny, sorry for your troubles!!
    i know, i'm a sucker for the latest and greatest too but when i read about all the stalled activations, i knew there would be some unhappy campers out there...
    Interestingly enough, when I made my post in this thread, I was on the phone with my sixth call to technical support over the last two days. I talked to somebody named Melissa in Wallaceburg, Canada. She was able to get the phone activated in about five minutes. Yep took her five minutes to do what the others couldn't do over 45+ hours.

First impressions....

The device is beautiful...The "virtual keyboard" is going to be a beast. I guess I'll give it a heavy workout over the next week or so to see if it will meet my needs. I fear that it won't measure up to the Treo 750 in functionality.
    Lock and Load!
  9.    #9  
    amazing. did you happen to ask her what was causing the hold up?
    amazing. did you happen to ask her what was causing the hold up?
    First, being an existing AT&T customer I only needed the iPhone data plan added to my existing account. However, for some reason the data plan didn't flow through to the order. The previous five folks couldn't add it because they said that they were getting an error related to me having a "medianet pay per use" feature on the account. However, they said that they couldn't find this mystery feature on my account. However, Melissa seemed to have no problems getting everything activated.
    Lock and Load!
    Quote Originally Posted by Denny Crane View Post
    First, being an existing AT&T customer I only needed the iPhone data plan added to my existing account. However, for some reason the data plan didn't flow through to the order. The previous five folks couldn't add it because they said that they were getting an error related to me having a "medianet pay per use" feature on the account. However, they said that they couldn't find this mystery feature on my account. However, Melissa seemed to have no problems getting everything activated.
    How much is the iphone data plan?
    diane
  12.    #12  
    Quote Originally Posted by Carterism View Post
    How much is the iphone data plan?
    It's a $20 add on to my voice plan. The Treo data plans are $39.99 added on to your voice plan at AT&T. Sprint by far has the best data plans for the Treo.
    Lock and Load!
    Quote Originally Posted by Denny Crane View Post
    It's a $20 add on to my voice plan. The Treo data plans are $39.99 added on to your voice plan at AT&T. Sprint by far has the best data plans for the Treo.
    Except that AT&T's PDA Connect plan includes every data feature, even phone as modem. They don't do the silly restriction thing on that, unlike Sprint and Verizon. Gotta give Sprint credit for making sure that PDANet has some business.

As far as the iPhone goes. I got a Treo 755p with a SERO plan and I'm ecstatic. EVDO screams, the phone is beautiful, the weight, form factor, keyboard are awesome. It has plenty of storage, plus I added a 4GB class 4 miniSD card, so for $300 it does everything that the $500 iPhone does. The software keyboard worries me, I've never liked them. The lack of support for EAS is a serious problem for me, our IT folks are not about to enable IMAP on the Exchange Server, they barely agreed to do EAS. Lack of a removable battery and third party apps will be a problem for me too.

My wife and I both love Mac desktops and laptops. I suspect that gen 2 of the iPhone will be rocking, though. I might be change my mind as the iPhone evolves. Then again, I expect other smartphone makers to adopt the better iPhone features over the next 12 months, or so.
    I would think that since this post is in the 755 thread, that most everyone with a 755 just renewed with Sprint for two years. You probably need another choice here asking if we would get one if it was on Sprint. That being said, even if we wanted an iPhone now it would be pretty rough. Personally, unless Sprint got the iPhone, I doubt I'd be getting one because of how great their rates are. I do know that I was thinking, when I saw the lines the other day, that maybe I jumped too quickly for the Treo again. But I know I am liking Sprint so far and the savings too good.
    Kyocera 6035 > Kyocera 7135 > Treo 600 > Treo 650. All Verizon. Sprint Treo 755p, HTC Mogul & Centro
    Unlocked Treo 680 for trips outside Sprint's areas
    no doubt its a slick phone... but I wont even consider one until the platform is opened to 3rd party developers, its on a different network, and its 3G...
    Quote Originally Posted by R1_Rydah View Post
    no doubt its a slick phone... but I wont even consider one until the platform is opened to 3rd party developers, its on a different network, and its 3G...
    My take but rather than "different network" I want unlocked w/o using some seedy chinese website! By that time they'll have fixed all the kinks we've been hearing about too like cut &paste etc (I hope)!
    It's not just on a different network (although I really am amazed by how much better EVDO is than EDGE). The iPhone has too many limitations. No EAS. No third party apps. Have to send it to Apple for a new battery. No keyboard. No Good messaging. No touchscreen.

This is classic Apple. This is not innovation, it's ease of use for the high end consumer. My wife loves her Mac. But she can't do what I can do with my Linux/Intel laptop. She loves her iPod, but she can't do what I can do with Treo and Real. The question is, do you want ease of use and high end features, but to be limited to what Apple decides you want, or not? I prefer Treo because I'm not limited to what Apple thinks I need.
    One thing I saw on a Mac forum I frequent, was a picture that one of the forum members posted of a shot of himself holding his iPhone with a picture of him holding the iPhone on its screen which had the same picture picture of him holding his iPhone with a picture on the iPhone's screen of him holding his iPhone! (I think I got that right ) Clear as a bell. It was amazing.

The ability to switch from portrait to wide screen and the clarity of the screen plus the use of OSX apps are the features that I find most appealing about the iPhone. Also, that the iPhone can multitask is a biggie for me.

I love my 755, especially after going through real misery with the 700P. My "if only" would be that the 755 had the wide screen format and that it could multitask.

What would make me jump would be an iPhone that allowed the use of Agendus Pro, would sync easily with Entourage:Mac, would have a really easy to use voice dialing capability, built-in GPS with the ability to use TomTom Navigator, a replaceable battery and finally a removable expansion card. Oh yes, it would have to work on Sprint because I'm not going back to sucky Cingular/ATT

As I always say, "that's just my opinion, I could be wrong."

GeneL
    \

Hello michelle,

I am inquiring about the phone case for you phone. I love it!!! i would like to know what site or what store did you purchase it from.

Thank you
    I got my palm pre on day 1 Treo 755p with sprint
    Bug me , zlauncher , Treo memo, Volume care pro, Backupman , Takephone,Agendus, 2day, Holidates, lex spell, Bdictionary, Mundu, Adrian Money ,Genius, Callblock,minitones,Pocket Tunes Deluxe, doc2go,Timesheet, bible reader,Checkers sea War,Hot reverse ,sudoku and Black jack (All games are on my sd card) , Yaps and crytex, safeguard
    Nvback up on 2nd 1gig sd card
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast