1.    #1  
    Hi guys. I have been a member here for 2 1/2 years and because of everyone's help and knowledge, bought my 650 from Sprint when they came out. It has worked perfectly. My contract is up and I now have an IPhone (which works great). I would like to give my wife my 650, but she is on Verizon. Is there a way to convert the Sprint 650 to Verizon service with her phone number? Locally, Verizon said no....but????
    Thanks.
  2.    #2  
    Quote Originally Posted by pwat View Post
    Hi guys. I have been a member here for 2 1/2 years and because of everyone's help and knowledge, bought my 650 from Sprint when they came out. It has worked perfectly. My contract is up and I now have an IPhone (which works great). I would like to give my wife my 650, but she is on Verizon. Is there a way to convert the Sprint 650 to Verizon service with her phone number? Locally, Verizon said no....but????
    Thanks.
    Amazingly 50 + people have read this message without a single reply. Surely someone knowledgeable must know the answer. I finally found the older (years ago) posts where similiar questions were asked. I was hoping someone had a newer fix or thought.
    Help?
    Well .. If you want a yes or no answer, it depends on if Verizon will put a Sprint phone onto their network.

Typically, neither Sprint nor Verizon will do it. Firmware is different. You already said above, Verizon told you no....

Is it technically possible? Yes

Will Verizon do it? Not unless you get a really clueless rep. Sprint and Verizon have a policy of not activating a phone not in their database already. Some got lucky in the past, but they have gotten more strict and an agent knows not to do it unless the want to risk disciplinary actions.
    Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 700p > Treo 700wx -> Mogul -> Touch Pro
    You may like to flash, but your phone shouldn't. LED Killer
  5.    #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by stroths View Post
    Is it technically possible? Yes

Will Verizon do it? Not unless you get a really clueless rep. Sprint and Verizon have a policy of not activating a phone not in their database already. Some got lucky in the past, but they have gotten more strict and an agent knows not to do it unless the want to risk disciplinary actions.
    Thanks for the reply. I appreciate an honest answer.