1.    #1  
    I recently bought a treo 650 from Hong Kong,but apparently i cannot use the GOOD Technology on it.Am told it has to be an ENA.Mine is a APR,how do i go about changing it to an ENA?Please help.
    Quote Originally Posted by bbayah View Post
    I recently bought a treo 650 from Hong Kong,but apparently i cannot use the GOOD Technology on it.Am told it has to be an ENA.Mine is a APR,how do i go about changing it to an ENA?Please help.
    I'm a noob as far as the treo is concerned. But I did figure out how to change the service tokens...

Using Rom tool (downloadable from grack.com), you can connect to the treo 650... make sure you get the version for the 650.

Next you will need the Treo650bootloader-drivers. (Can't remember where I downloaded that...)

Dial ##8778 send...

You will get the horizontal colour bars. Then connect to the PC using the hotsync cable. In the colour bars (bootloader) mode, the treo will detect differently. When it does install the treo650bootloader drivers.

Once the drivers have been properly installed, you can run the rom tool program... it will connect and put a different picture on the screen...

At that point you can click on the phone info tab and click on change tokens.

There you will find your three letter provider code. Change it to what you want.

I don't know if it does anything else but make support software detect the device differently...

Any ways does some one have the code for Telus?

I know that verizon is VZW, Bell mobility is BMO, and ENA is unspecified CDMA.

Goodluck...
  3.    #3  
    I tried changing the service token but its still reading APR.Where did i go wrong?
    So you tried changing it using rom tool and when you go back to rom tool it's back to what it was?

Oh, while were at it, can you back up you NVRAM on your rom tool? Mine's grayed out... I'm trying to figureout why...
    Last edited by evilshin; 07/02/2007 at 10:43 AM.
    Global Posts
    259 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by bbayah View Post
    I tried changing the service token but its still reading APR.Where did i go wrong?
    Do you click on save button? Sounds funny, doesn't it?
    Treo Maniac?
  6.    #6  
    I clicked on the save button nothing happened it is still APR
    You may need to unlock your treo...
    Global Posts
    259 Global Posts
    Lock or unlock status doesn't change because of flashing ROM.

Forget about ROM tool for awhile, click here to download the 1.20-ENA that I modified to use as a SD card method.
    Treo Maniac?
    Quote Originally Posted by treoluv View Post
    Lock or unlock status doesn't change because of flashing ROM.

Forget about ROM tool for awhile, click here to download the 1.20-ENA that I modified to use as a SD card method.
    Hi treoluv

What modifications contain that one? Also, do you have a fully stripped one for ENA for my unlocked GSM? one with the FAT32, SMS fix and all the goodies? :-D

I have been postponing upgrading the ROM and now seems it's too late. :-(
    Thanks!
    Global Posts
    259 Global Posts
    It is original ROM 1.20-ENA/1.71-FW runs by SD card method. I can help you built a customized one.
    Treo Maniac?
    It is original ROM 1.20-ENA/1.71-FW runs by SD card method. I can help you built a customized one.

Thanks Treoluv

I finally managed to do it! I downloaded a copy of the ROM with the Romtool, just in case, then I loaded the CNG to ENA 1.20 from James and voila!

I was a bit concerned 'cos my phone is not Cingular, just an unlocked GSM, but apparently everything is kosher now :-)

Also I had to learn to use Shadowmite tool for this, the full Saturday spent on this. I wish all the ROMs would still be around.
    How many languages has it got (apart from English?) Or is it only English?
    Please excuse me for the questions. There's way too many threads on ROMs and I would like some help. Can someone please provide the link to the SD card method, the apps I need and how to change the partition and whatever else I need to do?

I have an HK unlocked GSM Treo 650 APR 1.13 and wish to be able to change it to 1.13 or even 1.20 ENA so that I can put in the FAT32 and other stuff in ROM so that I have more RAM space so I don't keep getting resets during Blazer or anything that seems to use up DBCache. I don't use the CKJOS so it doesn't matter if that goes. Thanks!
    Flash demos, reviews of PDA and smartphone apps and contests at Palm Discovery . How to do Palm resets. T/T2/T3/Treo screws
    Global Posts
    259 Global Posts
    This is where you start http://treo.discuss.treocentral.com/...d.php?t=108580

Quote Originally Posted by arquillos View Post
    How many languages has it got (apart from English?) Or is it only English?
    It is English only.
    Treo Maniac?