1.    #1  
    When I first switched over to a Mac and bought Missing Sync, I set up the template in AddressBook to match that of the Palm Desktop template. I entered in all my data, but it's not syncing correctly, mainly their emails. It syncs it over as other, which causes a blank space in Contacts.

It's not THAT big of an issue, since I don't email (I don't care for Versamail and Chatter's too expensive when a new Treo is on the horizon), but I started wondering what others were doing.

I also noticed with GoogleMaps, when you tap Map in Contacts, it won't find the place if you stuck in U.S.A. in the country field. I have this on ALL my contacts (I'm patriotic, what do you expect??) and I guess now I have to change them all.

Any other suggestions while I'm doing this? By the way, I'm using a Sprint 700p with the MR.
    Hmmm, I never have any trouble looking up Google maps from Address Book - but I do use http://www.briantoth.com/addressbook/ and maybe that makes a difference? Certainly having USA in the country field is no issue for me.
  3.    #3  
    Oh, I mean looking up the map on the Treo. With some newer Treos and on the 700p Post MR, there's a map button that will open up GoogleMaps and plot the address. If you have the Country filled in, it will be unable to locate it.

And, never mind. It works if you have USA, not U.S.A., like I had. Back to the editing board.

How do you have your address book set up, on your Mac. Did you just stick to the original template and let MissingSync sort everything out?
    Global Posts
    392 Global Posts
    Mine is set up like the original template, any changes I do manually. I only have 150-200 contacts, it also gives me a reason to change things how I want them to be.
  5.    #5  
    When I started using it, I thought it would map them to where they are relative to each other, that's why I made the template look like the Palm one. Everything's working great, except for the email. It keeps putting it on the Palm as Other.

You wouldn't want to possibly let me know how the original one goes, would you?
    Global Posts
    392 Global Posts
    do you mean what goes where from 680 to address book?
  7.    #7  
    No, how the original template looks like in Address Book, so I can put mine back.
    Global Posts
    392 Global Posts
    davidg4781 sent you PM