Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Global Posts
    9 Global Posts
    Some people are saying they have installed it so where do we get it?
    Its not the MR its just a radio update ##RADIO
    Um, if it was shipped to stores, what are the chances I can beg you to send it to me via e-mail or post a link? Please? I rarely beg, but please?
    Global Posts
    420 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by charliedelong View Post
    The update was shipped to all of the Verizon Stores in my area. It is the actual MR. check my screenshot...
    MR updates don't ship to the stores. What would they do with it? Start calling all their customers to come in for an update? That's like expecting Windows patches to appear at Best Buy just because they sell the OS.
    ^it is possible that it is only available for download by service technicians so treo owners won't brick their phones in applying the update. From the Sprint update reports, people still managed to brick their phones with the SD card method - how this is possible is anyone's guess. Carriers may be able to control the number of bricked treos by having service techs do it. Just a guess...
    Palm III > Palm V > Palm Vx > (Sprint) Kyo 6035 > Handspring Treo 300
    > Handspring Treo 600 Oct.'03 > Palm Treo 700P May'06 > Treo 755P Aug.'07 > Pre(-) June'09 + TouchPad July'11 LONG LIVE webOS!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by InterSpool View Post
    Some people are saying they have installed it so where do we get it?
    Some people or one person?
    Its like me saying I got Sprint MR onto Telus Treo 700p but nobody seem to beleive me.
    6b 6f 63 6f 6d 61 6e 20 6f 66 20 63 64 6d 61 2d 64 65 76 2d 74 65 61 6d
    Global Posts
    538 Global Posts
    Eguy...I press #*#radio# and get a radio version, but now way to update. How do you do an update?
    --------------------------------------------------------------
    noodlelest wet noodler
    Quote Originally Posted by noodle View Post
    Eguy...I press #*#radio# and get a radio version, but now way to update. How do you do an update?
    Won't do anything, and for my Sprint 700p the MR didn't do jack **** except minimize the phone app launching time.
  10. PSM
    Global Posts
    340 Global Posts
    I just bought a 700p at a Verizon store. They had some trouble activating it because the phones were getting in a reset loop. The technician said he had just spent the previous day installing a patch on all the 700's in their stock. I asked if this was the big patch that Palm had released, because I didn't think it was available for VZW yet. He said they just got it yesterday (7/1). FWIW.

How would I know if I've got it? What version numbers should I be looking for?

BTW whatever the problem was he managed to get my phone working. Still syncing and reinstalling my software, so I haven't had much time to check it out.
    1.10 Vzw
  12. PSM
    Global Posts
    340 Global Posts
    Yup, that's what it is. Anything else I should try with it? I'm afraid I haven't been following the MR situation very closely since I expected to go from 650 right to 755p.
    Bluetooth car kit and headset? bluetooth control panel should be 3.1.2 and should not dissconnect randomly or have pairing problems. (Should take a week of observing to figure out)
  14. PSM
    Global Posts
    340 Global Posts
    Ah, don't have a car or a headset to test with, but BT manager is version 3.1.2. I will be using this a lot tethering, I hope its reliability will also be good there.
    Quote Originally Posted by PSM View Post
    Yup, that's what it is. Anything else I should try with it? I'm afraid I haven't been following the MR situation very closely since I expected to go from 650 right to 755p.
    This all still seems very fishy to me. Can anyone else confirm this? I plan on calling Verizon tech support in the morning (they are now closed) and see what is up. I am going to be VERY suprised if the only place to get the MR is from a verizon store.

Is someone else willing to do this same? That is, dial 611, navigate to tech support, and ask a tech. support person about a new patch/software upgrade for the 700p.

The biggest red flag here is: Why would Palm release the Verizon MR "on the sly" given all of the negative responses they've gotten from the user base? Look at the user responses to Palm's last blog post about the MR... The verizon people are VERY unhappy.

If Palm has indeed released the Verizon MR to Verizon techs only, I can't imagine that they wouldn't say so on their blog.

Greg
    Last edited by gzartman; 07/03/2007 at 12:23 AM.
  16. hgo
    I called both a local store and VZW's tech support number, and both people with whom I spoke said that 1., the update was not available, and 2., when it becomes available it will be at Palm's site, not the VZW store.
    Quote Originally Posted by hgo View Post
    I called both a local store and VZW's tech support number, and both people with whom I spoke said that 1., the update was not available, and 2., when it becomes available it will be at Palm's site, not the VZW store.
    Confirmed. I received the same answer when I called VZW tech support. The VZW 700P MR HAS NOT been released.

Greg
  18. PSM
    Global Posts
    340 Global Posts
    Maybe they're just putting it on new phones being sold, but are not yet set up to upgrade existing users. Strange that they wouldn't do it all at once, though. Maybe they want the new users to be the guinea pigs.
    Global Posts
    25 Global Posts
    This may be their idea of Beta testing the MR... by pre-installing it on a limited number of units, or this tech is a beta tester and has made a call way above his paygrade to pre-install this on units... either way, this really doesn't sound professional.
    Palm IIIc -> VZW Treo600 -> VZW Treo650 - VZW Treo700p -> VZW BB8830
    I personally don't think there will be a MR for the VZW 700p. The delay has been so long and the 755p so close, what advantage is there to releasing it? Especially after the trouble on the Sprint side.
    Palm IIIx>Palm Vx>Palm m515>Tungsten T>Tungsten C>Verizon Treo 650
    ................................StarTAC 7868W>Motorola V710>Verizon Treo 650>Treo 700p>Apple iPhone 3G
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast