Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Global Posts
    853 Global Posts
    Well, they did release Sprint's MR after releasing the 755P. I just finished a chat session with a tech, he said Verizon's MR should be out within the next few days, he couldn't tell me when the Verizon 755P would be out though. Hope that helps.
    Global Posts
    565 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by DougFNJ View Post
    Well, they did release Sprint's MR after releasing the 755P. I just finished a chat session with a tech, he said Verizon's MR should be out within the next few days, he couldn't tell me when the Verizon 755P would be out though. Hope that helps.
    If you chatted with a Palm tech I wouldn't count on it. The weeek when the MR was supposed to be out they kept saying the same thing over and over again... and then Friday arrives and us Verizon users get the shaft. I then spoke with other techs and they kept promising something in the next few weeks... I simply stopped believing them and just tried to move on.

As for now I am still stuck in Verizon land with this piece of crapware called 700p
    Ode to the Treo Pro: you had to look so good, you had to be HTC in disguise...
    Quote Originally Posted by waldo15 View Post
    As for now I am still stuck in Verizon land with this piece of crapware called 700p
    I am right there with you... Unfortunately, I don't think we are going to see the MR nor the 755p for many weeks. I made four seperate phone calls this afternoon to both Verizon tech support and Palm tech support. Basically, they are both saying that the 755p and the MR are still undergoing "testing." I was ready to head to the VZW store tomorrow and pay the better part of retail for a 755p, but it won't be there.

My guess is that we'll be lucky to see the MR and the 755p before the end of August.

If it weren't for the two business accts I currently have with VZW and the hassle of jumping ship, I'd be gone. VZW has never had the good phones. Look at there currently offering of Treos.. All have the lame "antenna form factor."

I am very unhappy with Palm and Verizon. This is unacceptable.

Greg
    Last edited by gzartman; 07/03/2007 at 10:19 PM.
  4. PSM
    Global Posts
    340 Global Posts
    With all these denials from VZW, I don't know if I should consider myself lucky that I have the MR, or scared because they obviously aren't ready to release it to everyone.

Anyway, I do have the DTMF tone bug, so all that "additional testing" doesn't seem to have done much.
    If I'm not mistaken, the final updater for the Verizon Treo 650 was posted on the Palm site after introduction of the 700P. I remember this because I already had my 700P and never bothered to perform that final updater ROM flash for the 650.
    I just called a store in Everett, MA (near Boston). I asked about an MR coming in to the store on SD cards for staff to use to update customers' phones. At first the Verizon guy didn't know what I was talking about, then he said, yeah, we have an SD card updater, but there are no known issues, it's just an update. I asked him to confirm if he had the cards in the store. When he returned, he apologized, and said that yes it was the MR, and they hadn't announced it because it wipes the phone. They had been instructed to use them on all the in-store stock. He did say that they would install it on my phone if I came in to the store. He also said it takes about half an hour.

Update - Just called another store in the area. They didn't know about the Treo 700p issues, but did know that an SD card update was on the way to the store for the 700p. They had not yet received the cards.
    Last edited by samg; 07/11/2007 at 01:51 PM.
    I just downloaded it. I am backing up my Treo and will proceed with the SD Card method. Will report back after it most likely will brick my phone (I believe in Mr. Murphy). Hopefully it will be successful.

kazooless
    http://www.palm.com/us/support/downl...ate/index.html

Get the official version! Nobody needs to go to stores anymore!!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by c5vettes View Post
    http://www.palm.com/us/support/downl...ate/index.html

Get the official version! Nobody needs to go to stores anymore!!!!
    Downloaded, backed up, installed, restored. No bricking occurred, to my surprise. Initial observations: Definitely the update, phone now shows 1.10. The SMS feature to disable receipts is present, that was the first thing I went to and disabled. There's still considerable lag when going from app to app, especially when comparing it to my g/f's Treo 650. Hopefully it doesn't freeze up or reset as much!
    Update: Having a hell of a time getting my Bluetooth to work after the update. Tried for 20 mins to get my Pioneer DVD deck to connect to it... finally gave up. I'll try again tommorrow.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12