1.    #1  
    I was browsing around the software store last night before going to bed and saw something called PowerMan. It's apparently some kind of profile program for certain Treos. Has anyone tried this yet?? I did a search on here and it came up dry, other than a TomTom thread.

From the few minutes I played with it (before falling asleep), it seems like it's very quick to change profiles, a lost quicker than ProfileCare. There are some features missing that ProfileCare has, but it will control screen brightness, volume, vibrate, how long the screen stays on, and infrared beam.

One other question, I had everything on silent and started playing a game, and the sound came through loud and clear. Is this a limitation of the software or does ProfileCare do this also? I've never had the problem of a game starting, but I had never thought of checking this before.
  2.    #2  
    No one's heard of this? Maybe it's something new.
    It looks good. It looks like it has more features then PC. The question with the sound I don't know. You should e-mail the authors (wish solution). You should give a review of it though. Hope this helps?

Device: T3 >Treo 650 > Cingular Treo 680
    Handheld: Agendus Premier Edition v.12.2
    Desktop: Agendus for Windows 4.31 (Build) 1497 Palm Version
    E-Mail: Agendus Mail ssl 5.31
    Other apps: Yourcall 2.0
    The one thing missing though is a way to turn the radio off. I would like this option to turn it off automatically at night.
    Quote Originally Posted by Katahdin View Post
    The one thing missing though is a way to turn the radio off. I would like this option to turn it off automatically at night.
    try battery dr. Its a $5.00 app that does exactly that.
    Quote Originally Posted by davidg4781 View Post
    One other question, I had everything on silent and started playing a game, and the sound came through loud and clear. Is this a limitation of the software or does ProfileCare do this also? I've never had the problem of a game starting, but I had never thought of checking this before.
    I think that's more likely something the game is doing. If it bypasses the standard POS sound subsystem and talks directly to the hardware, PowerMan probably can't prevent it since it most likely just uses POS calls. ProfileCare had the same issue until the "Mute all" option was implemented.
    Palm Pilot-->Handspring Visor-->Treo 300-->Treo 600-->Treo 650-->Treo 700p+E62-->Treo700p+Curve (8300)-->Curve (8330)
    The speed of switching profiles is very impressive - almost instantaneous from the little bit of playing I've done.

There are quite a few features missing - some eye candy (flash alerts during profile switch), some more useful (KB light control, orange LED when muted, status window, manual profile hotkey, KB lights hot key, app exclude control, Calendar integration, overlaying profiles, BT and cell radio control). I've got 16 profiles defined, so would hate to be limited to 8.

Most interesting to me is the speed of changing profiles - that implies it is possible to resolve the ProfileCare switch speed to get it back to 600/650 speeds.
    Palm Pilot-->Handspring Visor-->Treo 300-->Treo 600-->Treo 650-->Treo 700p+E62-->Treo700p+Curve (8300)-->Curve (8330)
    Quote Originally Posted by tomvb2000 View Post
    Most interesting to me is the speed of changing profiles - that implies it is possible to resolve the ProfileCare switch speed to get it back to 600/650 speeds.
    While I'm not knowledgeable enough to draw any definite conclusions (with regards to ProfileCare being sped up), I also find this interesting.
  9.    #9  
    One thing I noticed that I don't like about PM is that I can't have my settings for vibrate when the ringer switch is on and off. Whenever I get a text and I'm on a phone call, the vibrate sounds really weird on the other end. I've learned to fix this by switching the ringer switch on, but with PM, I either have the vibrate on or off.

I wish Jeff with Go Treo would try and get Profile Care to run like PM, if it's possible. It's a great app, and one of the few I'd consider paying for right now, but it's sort of clunky, it takes too long to change profiles, and, last time I tried it, it crashed each time I tried changing.