Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Global Posts
    316 Global Posts
    Call your IT dept and ask it they can give you an active sync account
    Treo 600-->Treo 650 --> Treo 700p --> Treo 755p --> Treo 700wx --> Treo 800w --> HTC Touch Diamond --> HTC Touch Pro 2 --> HTC EVO
    Does it work with paid Yahoo (Professional) email ?
    Treo, I love you !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by Heat00 View Post
    but it seems complex to get EAS set up? You need to get the IT guy involved and change settings on the work server??

didn't seem like the WM phone needed to do all of that, or maybe I'm wrong.

the other problem is, I sync both at work and home but to Palm desktop, not outlook.

I guess that is the first step, to change to sync to outlook and move all my contact there? Then what happens when I sync to a different computer with a different outlook which carries my home email pop a/c?

this is all very confusing.. lmao
    If your going to use Active Sync, your IT department will still have to activate and let you know the server settings whether your using Palm or WM. Once you know the server settings, it's no different to setup than a pop or imap account.
    Global Posts
    510 Global Posts
    i will try tomorrow, thanks
    Former I-500, Treo 600
    Former 650 User !
    Former 700p
    Now 755P
    *All Sprint*
    i guess i'm confused...

my 2 questions now are:

1. how does it get messages instantly and how does this eas thing work when I see in the settings that it's still 5 minutes.
    If activesync service is turned on for your Exchange server, you will have the option in Versamail to get your mail "as items arrive", but only after the first sync. It does not show up before you perform that first sync.

-B
    Quote Originally Posted by AndrewAz View Post
    I have my email send me a notification to
    yournumber@messaging.sprintpcs.com

Every time I have a message hit my email inbox I get a text instantly, if its important I open VM and check it.

I find this method saves a lot of battery power since you dont activate EVDO unless you get a message you want to check.

Also its a good idea to get unlimited texts.
    Isn't the notification SMS just a generic message - "Check your Sprint PCS mail"? How do you know if it is an "important email"?

If you want to get all of your email as it arrives, you can use Treohelper to have the mail notification sms from the SprintPCS server automatically trigger a Versamail email sync:

1)Mail arrives on Sprint server
    2)Server sends SMS
    3)Treohelper recognizes specific text string in SMS and triggers Versamail to sync, at the same time deleting the SMS
    4)Email is pulled, and you are notified via Versamail that you have new email.

It all takes just a few seconds.

-B
    Global Posts
    510 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by BiliBug View Post
    If activesync service is turned on for your Exchange server, you will have the option in Versamail to get your mail "as items arrive", but only after the first sync. It does not show up before you perform that first sync.

-B

what does that mean the "first sync". I have mine right now set up as a pop account and it works fine. I get mail every 5 minutes, but I want to get them "as they arrive".

the other question is: right now I hotsync to Palm desktop and I do it at a work comp. and at home and it works great. for this "as they arrive exchange" do I have to start syncing to Outlook instead of Palm Desktop? if so, will I be able to sync to 2 different computers as I do now with 1 user profile? My home outlook has completely different contacts and a completely different email account. what would happen? Would I need to create another user name?
    And once syncing with outlook, does it still back up everything else? like it does with palm desktop?

THANKS for all of the help guys
    Former I-500, Treo 600
    Former 650 User !
    Former 700p
    Now 755P
    *All Sprint*
    what does that mean the "first sync". I have mine right now set up as a pop account and it works fine. I get mail every 5 minutes, but I want to get them "as they arrive".

the other question is: right now I hotsync to Palm desktop and I do it at a work comp. and at home and it works great. for this "as they arrive exchange" do I have to start syncing to Outlook instead of Palm Desktop? if so, will I be able to sync to 2 different computers as I do now with 1 user profile? My home outlook has completely different contacts and a completely different email account. what would happen? Would I need to create another user name?
    And once syncing with outlook, does it still back up everything else? like it does with palm desktop?

THANKS for all of the help guys
    I can answer the first question. You can only get "as they arrive" with EAS. POP accounts don't have that option.
    Quote Originally Posted by BiliBug View Post
    Isn't the notification SMS just a generic message - "Check your Sprint PCS mail"? How do you know if it is an "important email"?

If you want to get all of your email as it arrives, you can use Treohelper to have the mail notification sms from the SprintPCS server automatically trigger a Versamail email sync:

1)Mail arrives on Sprint server
    2)Server sends SMS
    3)Treohelper recognizes specific text string in SMS and triggers Versamail to sync, at the same time deleting the SMS
    4)Email is pulled, and you are notified via Versamail that you have new email.

It all takes just a few seconds.

-B
    No. I have it in gmail to forward it to my phohne via the yournumber@ect.... You get 160 characters which displays who its from and usually the first few lines of the email.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12