1.    #1  
    My first 755p arrived out of the box with a C/8 key that did not work, my second 755p has developed a speaker issue that only lets the other party talk and they can not hear me. Well I called up to get a replacement 755p and I asked for the heck of it if I could just swap for a PPC 6800 to try it out. Well the rep said yes so I have a PPC 6800 coming and should be here on monday, this will be my first WM device so I dont know if I am going to keep it or not especially since I have been a Palm OS person and am a Mac OS person... Wish me luck I am just tired of the treos quality issues, I know 5 people with the 755p 2 of them on my account and only 1 of the 5 people is on the original phone the rest of us have all had hardware issues. Software wise and function wise the phones are great but they all seem to develop a problem sooner or later.
    It appears that there are two types of 755s. The ones that work great and the ones that shouldn't have made it past quality control.

It would be interesting to learn what the percentages are.

I'm just glad that I got one of the good ones
    i've had my 755p for a week and i too am disappointed. i have to carry my battery charger with me whereever i go, it is slow, and keeps getting stuck at hot sync when trying to install a new application. i also forgot to mention versamail sux compared to the email reader in windows mobile
    Worst I can say for 755 hardware quality is the "battery" life is terrible. That's not really a bug - it's an intentional feature of Palm's doing.

These other posts are scary, as so far the 5 I bought seem to have exceptional quality control compared to the garbage that was Palm's forte on previous models. Hopefully you just got some early buggy ones - some early 650's and 700p's were also defective but Palm eventually upped the quality enough to pass (mostly).
    Treo 755s in good condition available on ebay for $50-$75. No need to pay for insurance or buy a Pre.
    Well, my 755p has spontaneously reset a couple of times, and it seems to hang up on people randomly sometimes as well (although this might just be due to poor reception).

Not entirely happy with it since it was supposedly so much more stable than older Treos, but then again I never owned an older Treo.

I did however, own a Kyocera QCP6035 back in the day (also on Sprint), and it's kinda sad that the Kyocera was a much stabler Palm phone than my 755p. Oh, and it had BUILT IN VOICE DIALING. Why the hell is voice dialing not built in when a Palm OS based smartphone had the feature built in 7 years ago?!?

The battery life has also been a little depressing, but I guess that's the price you pay for that bright screen and that fast internet. I've turned down my screen brightness to the lowest setting and battery life does seem more useful now, so that's good.

Still debating whether to just return it and get a regular phone instead though, the only reason I purchased it was because I also needed a Palm OS PDA, but I'm almost considering just buying a Palm TX and getting a regular old phone instead.
    My first 755p was a blue one that was perfect. The only resets were triggered by application issues. Next, my vanity took over and I exchanged it for a red one. That phone reset on me no less than 5 times a day, and for absolutely no reason. I thought I owned a 700p again. My 3rd 755p was another burgandy and it's flawless.
  7.    #7  
    Again this is not a topic to bash the 755p software wise or battery issues. I am just pointing out the build quality is lacking on the phone. Software wise my 755p is flawless.
    Quote Originally Posted by AndrewAz View Post
    Again this is not a topic to bash the 755p software wise or battery issues. I am just pointing out the build quality is lacking on the phone. Software wise my 755p is flawless.
    Hey Andrew, it looks like every complaint posted here has something to do with the quality of the Palm. I actually have only had a problem with my first one's battery discharging very fast and exchanged it for a burgundy one which had the paint coming off it in less than a month of light use and kept in a Sprint Treo case by a user who keeps everything like new.

Quote Originally Posted by techiegirl View Post
    My first 755p was a blue one that was perfect. The only resets were triggered by application issues. Next, my vanity took over and I exchanged it for a red one. That phone reset on me no less than 5 times a day, and for absolutely no reason. I thought I owned a 700p again. My 3rd 755p was another burgandy and it's flawless.
    Thank goodness all three of mine have worked great with the exception of the first one's battery discharging too quickly. I even kept the battery from my second one to use with the new one and let Spring keep the new battery because I knew the old one worked great. I'm looking at the three of us and we've had 8 Treo 755's so far and if Andrew hadn't gotten a 6800 it would be nine.
    Kyocera 6035 > Kyocera 7135 > Treo 600 > Treo 650. All Verizon. Sprint Treo 755p, HTC Mogul & Centro
    Unlocked Treo 680 for trips outside Sprint's areas
  9.    #9  
    I bet I will be back to the 755p after a few weeks of trying out the 6800, but then again I look at the 6800 as a device that will have upgrades and updates and has an OS that is not being abandoned. I have felt for the past few years Palm had given up on their OS. So far the only negative I see with the 6800 is the keyboard but then again I have never had a slider phone so I wont know until I use it for a few days.. It should be here on monday or tuesday ill let you guys know how it compare to the treo..

I also went to the apple store and tried out the Iphone, really neat device I didnt care for the keyboard I like to touch buttons, I would of bought one on the spot if it was from Sprint but ATT is just a big negative especially since it would cost more for 1 person to change to ATT+Iphone than I pay for the 5 lines on my sprint account which have unlimited data/text ect.