1.    #1  
    Ok, so I'm changing phones soon (C'mon Libra!), and my 13 month old 700P was looking a bit beat up. I filed a claim with Lockline, or whatever they're called now, paid the $50 deductable on Wednesday, and got the replacement today.
    And just so there's no hatin', the vib mode was screwed. It vibrated randomly for no reason.

Anyway, the replacement does not have the MR.

Do I activate it with Sprint first, do the MR, then load my programs in/hotsynch? Or should I do it in a different order? Does it make a difference?

Once the Libra comes out, the 700P goes to a needy teenager.

FYI, the replacement is a refurb, but it show 1 minute on the life timer, and 0 kb on life data. I thought refurbs still showed the minutes used.
    I find it sad/odd that people ask to be thanked. How genuine is it when you have to ask? It's like forcing your kid to call Grandma, to thank her for the new underwear she sent for their birthday.

"To me, clowns aren't funny. In fact, they're kind of scary. I've wondered where this started and I think it goes back to the time I went to the circus, and a clown killed my dad.
    -Jack Handy, SNL-

Any idea when the Libra is coming out?
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by peterbanks View Post
    Any idea when the Libra is coming out?
    I thought it was supposed to come out in June. Can't remember what rumor mill I got that from.
    I find it sad/odd that people ask to be thanked. How genuine is it when you have to ask? It's like forcing your kid to call Grandma, to thank her for the new underwear she sent for their birthday.

"To me, clowns aren't funny. In fact, they're kind of scary. I've wondered where this started and I think it goes back to the time I went to the circus, and a clown killed my dad.
    -Jack Handy, SNL-

I hope it does come out with Sprint. As far as a windows mobile phone goes, I think it's got the best of both worlds with the number pad and slide out keyboard.
    Global Posts
    538 Global Posts
    its ugly
    --------------------------------------------------------------
    noodlelest wet noodler
    I'm getting a replacement 700p too, but I didn't have to go through lockline. I just took it into the Sprint store, and the guy that took my number asked me a few brief questions about the problems I was having (nothing too specific). They called me over and I expected to have to prove how much it was crashing and show the log and such so I'm standing there while the lady types things into the computer waiting to start, when she hands me a slip of paper. A receipt, for a replacement. No charge. No additional questions asked. I was surprised, especially since my phone was out of warranty. I do have insurance on it but I'm surprised they didn't send me to lockline.
    Visor Edge + VisorPhone -> Samsung i300 -> Treo 300 -> Treo 600 -> Treo 700p -> Treo 755
    CountBuggula,
    The store will replace your phone at no cost if they find out it's beyond repair., Lockline will actually tell you that when you call them. That if you take ur treo to the store and they can't fix it, they'll replace it at no cost.

I got a free replacement 700p from the store at no charge
  8.    #8  
    Quote Originally Posted by Gentleman001 View Post
    CountBuggula,
    The store will replace your phone at no cost if they find out it's beyond repair., Lockline will actually tell you that when you call them. That if you take ur treo to the store and they can't fix it, they'll replace it at no cost.

I got a free replacement 700p from the store at no charge
    Yours must have still been under warranty. Mine was not.

-Jack Handy, SNL-

Global Posts
    577 Global Posts
    ^ If you're paying for the $7 insurrance every month Sprint will try to repair/replace your handset in-store if possible regardless if it's still under warranty. The only time you should need to use $50 deductible insurrance is when your handset is lost or stolen.
    Quote Originally Posted by spiVeyx View Post
    The only time you should need to use $50 deductible insurrance is when your handset is lost or stolen.
    Exactly...
    --Steve

Visor-->Treo 600-->Treo 650-->Treo 700P-->Treo 800W-->Palm Pre-->HP Touchpad

My DVD Collection
    My Media Room
    GovTwit Directory
    Twitter: @dslunceford
    So they will give you a replacment if it is lost for $50 bucks. Whats stopping someone from saying they lost there beat up 1 year old Treo700P and getting new one for $50. then you have your old beat up one as a PDA and a new one for $50. Im not going to do that but what is the measures they take to prevent that. Do you have to prove you lost it ( Not sure how you would ever do that) . I never knew they would just give you a new (or refurb) Treo for $50 if you lost yours.
    Global Posts
    353 Global Posts
    I have been with Sprint a long time and the only time I used the insurance was a few years ago (4-5 years ago). I lost my phone because I left it in a yellow cab... at the time, they requested that I go down to my local precinct and file a lost property report which was easy to do. I then called them with the number on the file and they sent me a new phone. I am sure the insurance has changed since then. I don't know if they still ask you for this information but you never know. I'm sure hundreds of people have called up the insurance company for a new phone just because the old one was beat up. They must be doing something to regulate this...
  13.    #13  
    Quote Originally Posted by ScaryHumor View Post

FYI, the replacement is a refurb, but it shows 1 minute on the life timer, and 0 kb on life data. I thought refurbs still showed the minutes used.
    This is weird, the life timer has jumped up to 5146. Quick math says I've talked 3 1/2 solid days in the last week.

Quote Originally Posted by VaccPalm
    So they will give you a replacment if it is lost for $50 bucks. Whats stopping someone from saying they lost there beat up 1 year old Treo700P and getting new one for $50. then you have your old beat up one as a PDA and a new one for $50. Im not going to do that but what is the measures they take to prevent that. Do you have to prove you lost it ( Not sure how you would ever do that) . I never knew they would just give you a new (or refurb) Treo for $50 if you lost yours.
    They also cover accidental damage. This is the second time in my 4 years with Sprint that I got a replacement phone through their insurance. The first time, I put my 600 through 2 cycles in the washer. It was in a pocket with the darks, didn't see it until after a load of whites, with bleach.

Covering lost or stolen phones is easier for CDMA companies like Sprint or Vz. The theif, or person that finds it will not be able to activate it, ever.

-Jack Handy, SNL-

Quote Originally Posted by ScaryHumor View Post
    The first time, I put my 600 through 2 cycles in the washer. It was in a pocket with the darks, didn't see it until after a load of whites, with bleach.
    LMAO...sorry, I had to laugh. I am laughing with you.
    at&t iPhone3G
    DO NOT give my new 3 year old any ideas. I'm finding more and more things in the washer - AFTER the load is done. UGH.

Did the fingerprints come off????
    m100(for 1 day)->Sony PEG-S300->PEG-N710C->PEG-NR70 (needs a new battery!)->Treo 650 (bad connector)->650 (dead ear speaker)->700p (sucky battery life)->new 700 on way
  16.    #16  
    Quote Originally Posted by TraecyS/FL View Post
    DO NOT give my new 3 year old any ideas. I'm finding more and more things in the washer - AFTER the load is done. UGH.

Did the fingerprints come off????
    It was squeeky clean. I did offer to put it through the dryer before sending the old one back.

-Jack Handy, SNL-