Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Hopefully this is not a repost. I noticed that after being stuck with GoogleMaps 1.1.1 for a long time and not being able to get 1.1.2, I now see that version 1.2.0.8 is available (http://www.google.com/gmm/GoogleMaps.prc). I haven't done much with it yet but it has enhanced functionality like traffic and some other buttons.
    Last edited by MarkY; 06/29/2007 at 05:15 PM.
    Thanks for the heads-up - I have been waiting for this a LONG time! Just installed, but seems some better! Maybe even faster?
    RJuhl
    Need to remove the ) at the end of your link.
    Nice find MarkY... Thanks....works great and does seem faster and the shortcut buttons at the top menu are handy.

It even still works with the new "map" button in contacts from the MR I just performed!

Life is good.
    "Arguing with a police officer is like mud wrestling a pig.
    Eventually you realize that the pig likes it."
  5.    #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by detective View Post
    Need to remove the ) at the end of your link.
    Fixed
    Nice, mostly cosmetic, update. Sadly still no GPS support like on the 700w
    Palm Pilot-->Handspring Visor-->Treo 300-->Treo 600-->Treo 650-->Treo 700p+E62-->Treo700p+Curve (8300)-->Curve (8330)
    Does it have estimated travel time and traffic delay time?
    One of the GREAT things about the new version is that there's a contacts tie-in for even those of us with 680s. There's no map link in the contacts app, but if you go to "Find Location" in the new version of Google Maps, there's a contacts lookup key on the lower right, which is awesome!
    Yes - this new version is an improvement over version 1.1.1. The contacts lookup is especially convenient. The tabs on the top are a nice plus too. I don't find it appreciably faster-loading, however.
    This new version is awesome compared to the one that came on my 755p. I can confirm now that it has the estimated travel time but not sure if the traffic delay is integrated yet. The WM version has both of these features.
    Very nice, updated with no problem on my 755
    Works nicely on my 650 -g-
    -g-

Treo 300-650-755P, Contract ends 11/30/07. SERO F&F 1250, The following are unlimited: N&W (7PM), Mobile to Home (M2H), Free Incoming, Vision Data, Text Messages for $49.99 - Plus Sprint AIRAVE @ N/C.
    can you put this on the treo 755?
    I got my palm pre on day 1 Treo 755p with sprint
    Bug me , zlauncher , Treo memo, Volume care pro, Backupman , Takephone,Agendus, 2day, Holidates, lex spell, Bdictionary, Mundu, Adrian Money ,Genius, Callblock,minitones,Pocket Tunes Deluxe, doc2go,Timesheet, bible reader,Checkers sea War,Hot reverse ,sudoku and Black jack (All games are on my sd card) , Yaps and crytex, safeguard
    Nvback up on 2nd 1gig sd card
    Works & looks good on my 755p!
    "A man who drinks only water, has something to hide to his fellow man."

My beer blogs:

Rev. Rhino on Flickr

Rev. Rhino on Twitter
    Quote Originally Posted by MarkY View Post
    Hopefully this is not a repost. I noticed that after being stuck with GoogleMaps 1.1.1 for a long time and not being able to get 1.1.2, I now see that version 1.2.0.8 is available (http://www.google.com/gmm/GoogleMaps.prc). I haven't done much with it yet but it has enhanced functionality like traffic and some other buttons.
    Tks for the find MarkY.
    iPhone 4S
    Former Treo & Storm Owner
    Cigar Lover
    Global Posts
    107 Global Posts
    The best way to get into your 755P is go to this post through your Treo and download directly into your phone via the link... works and looks great on my 755P!!

Fridayy
    Anybody knows if there is a way to navigate the toolbar on the top using the 5-way navigation keys

Al
    Quote Originally Posted by Treolo View Post
    Anybody knows if there is a way to navigate the toolbar on the top using the 5-way navigation keys

Al
    The "menu" key will give the same choices.
    Good Luck
    iPhone 4S
    Former Treo & Storm Owner
    Cigar Lover
    MUCH better UI, looks crisper , cleaner, and runs faster. No joke.

Well maybe the look cleaner is due to in fact I removed the screenguard from my 700P, I get glare now, but damn its so high res.!!
    Hey that works great on my 755, thank you. Seems to have a smaller footprint as well because I went up in free space available quite a bit after installing.
    Kyocera 6035 > Kyocera 7135 > Treo 600 > Treo 650. All Verizon. Sprint Treo 755p, HTC Mogul & Centro
    Unlocked Treo 680 for trips outside Sprint's areas
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast