Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    I got the same error as darjay, when I tried to download and install from PC. But, it installed directly to the device from the google maps website.
    Quote Originally Posted by darjay View Post
    The previous version worked for me,,,but with this new version, I keep getting "program requires a data connection".. (Error: network timeout)
    I have a cingular data plan that worked with the original google maps...any ideas?

I think that the solution to this is to delete the Google Maps item from Saved Preferences (with Filez or similar).
    I just noticed that CJKOS conflict with some programs and google map is one of these. I have to disable CJKOS or else when starting google map, the phone will crush and reset. Once I disable CJKOS, the program runs fine. This is also true with eWallet.
    Quote Originally Posted by braj View Post
    I can't wait until they add GPS functionality to this app.
    All I need is something simple, like pulling the zip from the cell phone tower.
    When I'm traveling, sometimes I don't even know where I am, so that would be super helpful....

Gary
    Sprint Treo 755p (previously Sprint Treo 700p, Sprint i500, Sprint i330 [yuk], Sprint i300, Sprint StarTac, Verizon StarTac)
    Mac 12" 1.5 GHz PowerBook (Constantly tethered to my Treo)
    Gary Said... (my blog) or The Daily Meme
    Global Posts
    1,727 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by garylapointe View Post
    All I need is something simple, like pulling the zip from the cell phone tower.
    When I'm traveling, sometimes I don't even know where I am, so that would be super helpful....

Gary
    Yep, full GPS would be really nice and better obviously but just getting your bearings in unfamiliar territory would be a huge help.
    Just upgraded -- thanks!
    Global Posts
    495 Global Posts
    can't you use a bluetooth GPS device and the program "Where am I" that integrates with Google Maps and shows you your position in the app?
    Aaron M. Fisher
    CEO of Sonicfish Consulting
    www.SonicfishConsulting.com

PDA/ Smartphones:
    Handspring Visor> Sony Clie SL10> Nokia N-Gage> Nokia 3300b> Treo 600> Treo 650> Treo 680> Nokia e71> Apple iPhone 3G> Palm Pre+
    Global Posts
    1,727 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by fishera View Post
    can't you use a bluetooth GPS device and the program "Where am I" that integrates with Google Maps and shows you your position in the app?
    You can, but that requires a GPA be charged, powered on, you have to launch Where Am I? then it launches GM. If you want an updated location then you have to do it all again. I currently do this myself.
    I am in the minority when it comes to not having a data plan. Is this a requirement for google maps or does just open the door for additional features. Is it like having MS streets and trips on your phone?
    GM does require a data plan. Maps are downloaded.
    Does this "Where Am I" add-on work with a GlobalSat Bludtooth GPS BT-338 set up and Treo 700p? Any body with experience about it?

--Ken
    Quote Originally Posted by kkchan View Post
    Does this "Where Am I" add-on work with a GlobalSat Bludtooth GPS BT-338 set up and Treo 700p? Any body with experience about it?

--Ken
    Yes, but keep in mind, it only does it ONCE, then you have to exit and do it again to update. It does NOT update periodically. It's not a GPS solution for Google Maps, it's very literally what the name is, "Where Am I?"
    Quick semi-OT question. I have Uninstall Manager. How does it handle nutshell installers like those used with this new version of Google Maps?

I did install this new version in the PalmOS Simulator and got the PRC file for Google Maps. When I install this single PRC on my 700P, it works. When I ran the nutshell installer earlier though, I saw a couple of files being extracted.
    Global Posts
    44 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by addictedtotreo View Post
    I just noticed that CJKOS conflict with some programs and google map is one of these. I have to disable CJKOS or else when starting google map, the phone will crush and reset. Once I disable CJKOS, the program runs fine. This is also true with eWallet.
    I have the same problem. I hope they could fix.
    Quote Originally Posted by IsLNdbOi View Post
    Quick semi-OT question. I have Uninstall Manager. How does it handle nutshell installers like those used with this new version of Google Maps?
    I don't think this is monitored by UI, which tracks hotsynced apps. I could be wrong, though.
  16.    #76  
    One more update to Google Maps (http://www.google.com/gmm/) - now at version 1.2.0.9. Can't see anything different compared to 1.2.0.8.
    Thanks for the heads up...
    "A man who drinks only water, has something to hide to his fellow man."

My beer blogs:

Rev. Rhino on Flickr

Rev. Rhino on Twitter
    Global Posts
    495 Global Posts
    still no proxy, tisk tisk google
    Aaron M. Fisher
    CEO of Sonicfish Consulting
    www.SonicfishConsulting.com

PDA/ Smartphones:
    Handspring Visor> Sony Clie SL10> Nokia N-Gage> Nokia 3300b> Treo 600> Treo 650> Treo 680> Nokia e71> Apple iPhone 3G> Palm Pre+
    Well looks like now when you map your contact, it opens the NEW version of Google Maps, instead of the ROM version, like the last update. That's one change so far
    "A man who drinks only water, has something to hide to his fellow man."

My beer blogs:

Rev. Rhino on Flickr

Rev. Rhino on Twitter
    anyone notice any other changes?
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast