Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Nice new features, you can also use the Volume keys to zoom in and zoom out of the maps too.
    Remember, this is my opinion ! We all have a right to our own.....

Treo's 650-800..NOW,
    Palm Pre
    can someone please tell me what version it is?

Thanks!
    ONE can be spelled as NEO.
    There is no spoon.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hdhntr23 View Post
    can someone please tell me what version it is?

Thanks!
    Um.... First post??
    V 1.2.0.8
    NO GPS support
    Quote Originally Posted by tahkuct View Post
    NO GPS support

Quit whining and go buy TomTom already.
    Quote Originally Posted by MarkY View Post
    Hopefully this is not a repost. I noticed that after being stuck with GoogleMaps 1.1.1 for a long time and not being able to get 1.1.2, I now see that version 1.2.0.8 is available (http://www.google.com/gmm/GoogleMaps.prc). I haven't done much with it yet but it has enhanced functionality like traffic and some other buttons.
    I love TC. Thanks MarkY.
    Sprint Treo 600 (since October '03) --> PPC 6700 (exactly 29 days) --> Sprint Treo 600 --> Sprint Treo 700p --> BB Curve 8330.
    Quote Originally Posted by khaytsus View Post
    Um.... First post??
    got it missed that when I read it the first time, I mustve read it too fast.
    ONE can be spelled as NEO.
    There is no spoon.
  9. PSM
    Global Posts
    340 Global Posts
    Looks like a great update, thanks for posting this!
    The side volume keys also worked on the previous version. This is not a change.
    Nice enhancements to a great app . . . a Treo ESSENTIAL APP IMHO!
    Lord, who will we go to? You have the words of eternal life. Jn 6:68 <><
    PDA "trail" > Sharp Wizard OZ-750 > Palm M100 > Visor Deluxe > Visor Prism > Sony T665C > Sony NX80V > Sony TH55(2) > Palm Treo 700p
    Quote Originally Posted by RickMG View Post
    Hey that works great on my 755, thank you. Seems to have a smaller footprint as well because I went up in free space available quite a bit after installing.
    Isn't googlemaps 1.1.2 in the 755 ROM?
    You will actually lose some memory. Your map cache must have gotten refreshed which is why you think you gained space. Very seldom an app gets smaller with updates. Food for thought...
    Palm III > Palm V > Palm Vx > (Sprint) Kyo 6035 > Handspring Treo 300
    > Handspring Treo 600 Oct.'03 > Palm Treo 700P May'06 > Treo 755P Aug.'07 > Pre(-) June'09 + TouchPad July'11 LONG LIVE webOS!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by ChemEngr View Post
    Isn't googlemaps 1.1.2 in the 755 ROM?
    You will actually lose some memory. Your map cache must have gotten refreshed which is why you think you gained space. Very seldom an app gets smaller with updates. Food for thought...
    Well, you must be correct as FileZ shows two google maps, and one is in ROM. I know I had only 43.something freespace prior, and now it's 44.6.

Can I manually clear the map cache? I see the option to clear map but thought that's only the current map.
    Kyocera 6035 > Kyocera 7135 > Treo 600 > Treo 650. All Verizon. Sprint Treo 755p, HTC Mogul & Centro
    Unlocked Treo 680 for trips outside Sprint's areas
  14.    #34  
    Can I manually clear the map cache? I see the option to clear map but thought that's only the current map.
    Menu, Options, Reset Google Maps.
    Quote Originally Posted by MarkY View Post
    Menu, Options, Reset Google Maps.
    Thanks, I was afraid to do that. I didn't know what it would do.
    Kyocera 6035 > Kyocera 7135 > Treo 600 > Treo 650. All Verizon. Sprint Treo 755p, HTC Mogul & Centro
    Global Posts
    1,727 Global Posts
    Just wanted to say 'nice MGA!' I had a '62 a long time ago, lovely car.
    1.1.1 had contact lookup, you just didn't have an icon. It worked if you did a menu+L while in the find location field. New version just appears to have added the icons that you have to click with your fingers or pull out stylus. I don't see any benifit to lose RAM for it (even though I still downloaded it)
    Looking for a way to earn additional income? One that allows you to not only market services people use everyday, but the services of the future too? This opportunity provides outstanding earning potential with ongoing training and support. You are in business for yourself but never by yourself. Stop imagining and start living.

Independent Representative
    Carl Brooks
    carl@techloyal.com
    http://www.techloyal.com
    Global Posts
    495 Global Posts
    still no proxy settings support...
    Aaron M. Fisher
    CEO of Sonicfish Consulting
    www.SonicfishConsulting.com

PDA/ Smartphones:
    Handspring Visor> Sony Clie SL10> Nokia N-Gage> Nokia 3300b> Treo 600> Treo 650> Treo 680> Nokia e71> Apple iPhone 3G> Palm Pre+
    Global Posts
    215 Global Posts
    The previous version worked for me,,,but with this new version, I keep getting "program requires a data connection".. (Error: network timeout)
    I have a cingular data plan that worked with the original google maps...any ideas?
    Darlene

Save a life, spay or neuter your pet.
    Quote Originally Posted by braj View Post
    Just wanted to say 'nice MGA!' I had a '62 a long time ago, lovely car.
    Thanks!
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast