1.    #1  
    Hi,

I'm looking for a BT device that:

- has a microphone for phone calls
    - has a 3.5" jack for my Koss Porta Pro
    - supports both A2DP and Handsfree Usage at the same time so I can hear audio and catch an incoming phone call
    - pairs with a Treo 680

I haven't found such a thing so far. Any hints?

Regards
    Umbi
    I have the Globalsat BTH820 - They call it a headset because they supply some earbuds with it, but it is actually a BT receiver. It is often sold together with a BT transmitter, but you can buy it separtely. Apart from a fairly limited range, it works well with my 650 using Softick's Audio Gateway. (audio resumes after phonecall)

That 3.5" jack must be a whopper. The BTH820 does provide 3.5 mm

http://www.globalsat.co.uk/product_p...uct_bth820.htm
    Last edited by johncc; 06/29/2007 at 05:53 PM.
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by johncc View Post
    I have the Globalsat BTH820 - They call it a headset because they supply some earbuds with it, but it is actually a BT receiver.
    Seems that's what I tried to find!

That 3.5" jack must be a whopper. The BTH820 does provide 3.5 mm
    Big is beautiful. :-) You're right.

Many thanks

Regards
    Umbi
  4.    #4  
    Rats...they're not selling this device in Germany...

Seems like we're in a early development stage here concerning IT hardware. :-(

Regards
    Umbi
    I use the Plantronics P590, and it does all you say, and the sound is OUTSTANDING, better than most if not all wired headsets I've ever used. But it suffers from the 680 BT problems: changing from phone to audio is always a problem, sometimes it is pretty impossible to reconnect without starting over. But it always picks up a call when I'm listening to audio, and that's the most important direction it should work. Going back from phone, though, as I say, is a problem sometimes.
    I use the iSkin TX/RX combo. I have the usual 700p BT issues but I don't believe they are unique to the iSkin since it happens with my Moto S9 and have read a lot of people with similar issues using SAG.
  7.    #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by mdavis View Post
    I use the Plantronics P590, and it does all you say
    Well, thanks for the hint, but I haven't found a way to connect my Koss porta pro to the Treo with the P590 and that's basic, since I carry the porta pro around anyway. Nice gear, though.

@cvela90: thanks! But since the RX does not have a battery it seems to be limited to non-mobile use, or did I miss something?

Regards
    Umbi
    Sorry, didn't read in your port it had to be mobile. Actually I thought I was answering on the thread to connect to the home stereo. That's what happens when I post at these hours...