Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
    Global Posts
    162 Global Posts
    i had the 700p and got the mogul 6800. after 2 weeks of use, i went back to the 700p. just my take on the subject...
    Mine lasted 18 day before i was going to throw it against the wall for the memory leak, horrible bluetooth, and lack of a screen when outdoors in any kind of sunlight. This is not an option since AZ is as close to living on the sun that you can get. Its good to be home.....

Muff
    I have had my 6800 for about 3 weeks and am pretty happy with it.

Battery last a full day with good data use and some BT audio streaming. Seems the 700P was better, but the 6800 is definitly way better than the 6700. A days use is all I need but I will be carring an extra battery soon. Also, the USB port allows charging almost anywhere.

I agree it has poor phone integration, but I basically use it to surf the web and check email from work. I do use the x-button program to close applications and have various browsers to use, based on the website I need to go to

Not as handy one handed, but I no longer text/IM while driving... and niether should you. Voice activated dialing works.

A little buggy, but the MR will fix that.

I agree the 700P is a better device, but the 6800 works better for me.
    .Treo Pro on Sprint Check out www.treotricks.com, Audio jack fix.
  4.    #84  
    I want to thank everyone for the great feedback. Regarding the "poor phone integration" and the "SMS alert cannot be stopped" issues:

Is the Palm WinMob phone integration better than other WinMob phones? (I know Palm did some custom changes to WinMob, but do not know what they are.)
    Palm did a better job integrating the phone. However, I am satisfied with the 6800 phone functionality.
    Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 700p > Treo 700wx -> Mogul -> Touch Pro
    You may like to flash, but your phone shouldn't. LED Killer
    Quote Originally Posted by Muffnician View Post
    Mine lasted 18 day before i was going to throw it against the wall for the memory leak, horrible bluetooth, and lack of a screen when outdoors in any kind of sunlight. This is not an option since AZ is as close to living on the sun that you can get. Its good to be home.....
    This is my Dad's biggest complaint with his 6700 - he finds it unusable in the car. And the battery life.
    m100(for 1 day)->Sony PEG-S300->PEG-N710C->PEG-NR70 (needs a new battery!)->Treo 650 (bad connector)->650 (dead ear speaker)->700p (sucky battery life)->new 700 on way
    Global Posts
    15 Global Posts
    just went from the treo 650 to the ppc-6800.
    trying to get use to it.
    I previously had the Samsung i730 with WM5. I think Windows Mobile is a terrible OS, compared to Palm OS. For reference, I just bought a 755p.

Palm may be ugly as sin, but everything about the OS feels consistent. I don't use my stylus except in very rare instances. I can navigate everything without even touching the screen.

Windows Mobile behaves as if every developer had been prohibited from talking to each other. What allowed me to tolerate windows was the absolutely fantastic Samsung phone. The i730 is a hallmark in good design; something that HTC has never bothered to even attempt.

Drop your 6800 once and your screen will shatter. It's not real-world proof; they get widespread because they are so cheap. If you stick with the 6800, get insurance.

Now, having come from a Windows background, I think Palm is a breath of fresh air. It just works and feels like it relieves a knot of stress that windows drove into my forehead.

The 755p has been so much more stable than any iteration of windows mobile I've dealt with. My i730 would need to be reset every other day, if not every day. With each reset, it would exhibit a certain ailment. Reset again, probably get rid of that but maybe get another one.

Is memory leaking too much, and my notes won't come up except after a minute of thinking? Reset. Now my alerts are buried at the top of the screen, and I have to keep mashing the bubble to get to them.

The 755p is a fantastic device. It is my favorite phone and PDA that I've had to deal with. It is miles better than my work blackberry.

My biggest gripes right now are:

The lack of a VPN for the Palm OS. Where can I find a damn IPSec VPN? Christ.

Why do browser suck?

edit: also, I toyed with the 8600 to make sure I wouldn't have buyer's remorse... Nope. It feels like every other cheap HTC device. I'll pass. However, if Samsung's i760 came to Sprint right now, I'd really do a cost benefit analysis. But I am happy with my 755p.
    Last edited by sgonyea; 08/11/2007 at 01:52 PM. Reason: Addendum
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345