1.    #1  
    As a previous owner of the Treo 600, I have to say I think Palm is in left field if aside from EVDO support, they consider this an upgrade! Shorter battery life, ridiculous lags when switching between functions, uneccessary changes to basic palm functions that hamper adding appointments and toggling between days.
    If this is where they are going, I'm looking elsewhere! It's a shame since I loved my 600.
    Sorry, but since having a 300, 600, 650, 700, now a 755, I have to disagree. I'm a happier Palm owner. Good Luck
    "A man who drinks only water, has something to hide to his fellow man."

My beer blogs:

Rev. Rhino on Flickr

Rev. Rhino on Twitter
    Sounds like you got a dud.
    Mine functions just fine.
    diane
    Global Posts
    510 Global Posts
    you're crazy and don't deserve a 755p, lmao....

I do agree that oem battery stinks, but so does every other oem battery on most phones...
    Former I-500, Treo 600
    Former 650 User !
    Former 700p
    Now 755P
    *All Sprint*
    Probably the best Treo I have used and I've used them all!
    Global Posts
    65 Global Posts
    It's the best Treo I've used and I've used them all.
    Quote Originally Posted by grsmith150 View Post
    As a previous owner of the Treo 600, I have to say I think Palm is in left field if aside from EVDO support, they consider this an upgrade! Shorter battery life, ridiculous lags when switching between functions, uneccessary changes to basic palm functions that hamper adding appointments and toggling between days.
    If this is where they are going, I'm looking elsewhere! It's a shame since I loved my 600.
    Palm has had a year to fix the lag; they knew about it when they released the 700p (as Steve Sinclair stated that the lag was inherent to the hardware design) Well they need to change the design!!!

The Lag is really a pain!

I will be checking out the BB 8830 next week. I don't know if I can navigate on the device.
    Quote Originally Posted by PalmFive View Post
    It's the best Treo I've used and I've used them all.
    I got the 755p and I noticed the lag. It is still there but not as bad as the
    700p post MR.
    Boo whoo, look...sad thing is, it was fixed with the 755. So either get your insurance or Sprint to make up for it, or deal with it. We all dealt with it for a year, I sucked it up, & got the 755, no more complaints. Enjoy your NEW phone, which ever it maybe......
    "A man who drinks only water, has something to hide to his fellow man."

My beer blogs:

Rev. Rhino on Flickr

Rev. Rhino on Twitter
    I went from a T 600 to 755 and the new phone is beautiful. I do notice a slight lag when changing but there was a slight lag on my 600 too. I don't miss the full 50 second lag to bring up blazer on the 600 and I don't miss the experience of surfing and feeling like I'm sucking concrete through a straw. Whatever it's problems I've found the 755 to be a much better phone.
    This treo 755P is best palm phone I ever seen. It fixed all the problems of my previous 700p
    I haven't used every Treo, but most. The Sprint 700p MR choked my phone and I got a free upgrade to the 755. Wow, I was happy. But BizConn push does not work on the 755, and VersaMail autosync puts the phone into a reset loop (manual sync works fine, and after two phone swaps Sprint refuses to further address the issue). Losing push e-mail is not progress. I realize this is in part a Sprint problem rather than a hardware problem, but it is the hardware that for some reason handles a manual sync just fine but chokes with a scheduled sync or push. Versamail reset problems have been reported in these forums for years, yet the problem continues in the newest Palm device. So, saying that this is the "best Treo ever" no longer impresses me. Competitive devices are finally catching up, and I'm finally moving into the other camp.
    Global Posts
    155 Global Posts
    I've got no lag on my 755p and it pushes the email from the exchange server at work just fine using VersaMail. I'm very happy with it... Battery life seems fine for my situation...plug it in every night and often when I am at my desk at work...and haven't had a problem over the weekend either when it just get's it's nightly charge
    Some good points. Having suffered through the 650 and 700p for so long - it's nice to reminisce on the good things about the 600. NVFS was implemented like user experience didn't matter at all, same with bluetooth support. The 755 has several new screwups, but it does finally regain some of the promise of the 600. (Though the 600 build quality was miserable, Sprint and Palm were pretty quick to address replacements, and when it worked it was snappy and had enough RAM to function for it's time).
    Treo 755s in good condition available on ebay for $50-$75. No need to pay for insurance or buy a Pre.
    Quote Originally Posted by reverendrhino View Post
    Sorry, but since having a 300, 600, 650, 700, now a 755, I have to disagree. I'm a happier Palm owner. Good Luck
    Jesus, i thought I was bad RR... atleast I skipped the 700 series

Timmay
    Iím a lucky man to count on both hands
    The ones I love..

Visor Pro -> Visor Edge -> Treo 180 -> Treo 270 -> Treo 600 -> Treo 650 -> T|T2+SE T68i -> Treo 600 -> T-Mobile MDA -> Treo 755p -> Treo 800w -> Treo 755p -> PALM PRE -> Palm Pre 2 -> HP Palm Pre 3

Twittering about
    If you search my posts, you will see that I have posted a few issues with the 755, but this is by far the best overall device I have had. More stable than my 650 was by a long shot. If you search the 600 forum as well, you will see that there were a LOT of problems with that device in the beginning. Most were eventually fixed, but its not like the 600 started out perfect as some people seem to suggest.
    I see that there are a number of forum members who responded by saying that they're very happy with their 755s. Please add me to that list.

I was thrilled that I was able to get a free 755 replacement for my disastrous 700P. If you think you're having problems with the 755, be glad you didn't get a 700P.

Based on the the fact that the majority of Treo users are happy with the 755, I would see if you can get a replacement. IMHO I feel that you may be happily surprised if you do.

At least, don't give up on the 755 unless you try out another one.
    I have had a Palm III, Palm VII, Palm Tungsten C, Treo 650 and now a 755p. I've never had reset problems with Versamail, significant lag problems with Blazer or any of the other myriad complaints I always hear about. Perhaps it is a quality control thing, I don't know. That said, EAS push works on my 755p just fine. EVDO is nice and fast, the phone is responsive, I'm a seriously happy camper.