1.    #1  
    I just got a 4GB toshiba miniSDHC card from geeks.com, which works very well in my new palm treo 755p. Since my current SD card reader can't recognize SDHC card, I tried cardreader and card export, however, once I connect the Treo to my windows PC through the USB cable, Palm will reset and will enter endless loop until I unplug the USB cable. Anybody has any ideas?
    Sandisk sells a usb card reader that is either 5 in one or 7 in one, and support SDHC, it is 14 bucks at best buy, or the likes, make sure you get the BLACK colored one, because the blue colored one does not support SDHC
    Quote Originally Posted by woodbutcher View Post
    Sandisk sells a usb card reader that is either 5 in one or 7 in one, and support SDHC, it is 14 bucks at best buy, or the likes, make sure you get the BLACK colored one, because the blue colored one does not support SDHC
    Are you refering to the Sandisk MobileMate SD+ card reader? I bought one a few months ago and it works great for my normal SD cards. However it doesn't say on the reader itself that it supports miniSDHC, it just says "miniSD"

I am waiting for my Toshiba class-4 4GB miniSDHC from amazon to arrive, when it does I can try for myself...but if if I knew ahead of time that it won't work, I'd look for a new reader that does....
  4.    #4  
    Anyway, what's the benefit of getting a SDHC card? even the class 4 card speed is only 4M/s, however many current regular SD card run at least 66x (10M/s) or 155x (22M/s).??
    there is a new, black colored model, that does support SDHC, it works great
    Quote Originally Posted by josephbu View Post
    Anyway, what's the benefit of getting a SDHC card? even the class 4 card speed is only 4M/s, however many current regular SD card run at least 66x (10M/s) or 155x (22M/s).??
    It is my understanding that regular SD cards are limited to 2GB, where as the SDHC version can be as much as 32GB.... so if you want one card with more than 2GB you HAVE to go to SDHC
    mini sd cards are at 4 gig now, you can get a 8 gig full size SD card, anything over 2 gig is SDHC
    I have a 755p with the 4GB Transcend card and the Card Reader software works great. I am running v1.06p10. I use it extensively and have never had a problem even when copying 1GB+ size files.

I suspect you might have an issue with your Windows Hotsync. I'd suggest reloading the HS version that came with your 755p, and/or doing a hard reset on your 755p and reloading stuff.
    Global Posts
    168 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by tangozebra View Post
    I have a 755p with the 4GB Transcend card and the Card Reader software works great. I am running v1.06p10. I use it extensively and have never had a problem even when copying 1GB+ size files.
    Same experience here.
    I use it as well, came packages with USB modem for my mac, both programs are among my favorite
  11.    #11  
    Now it works and I can copy files. However the copy speed compared to using a real card reader is much slower. For example, use cardreader software to copy a 800M file takes around 30-60 minutes (which is hardly acceptable) however use a hardware card reader takes only couple minutes. Is this normal?
    yes, it is much slower then USB 2 speeds you get with a card reader, but in a pinch, or if your not in a hurry, it is great
    It is slower, but my SanDisk SD card reader can't recognize the miniSD HDSC card anyways. Plus who want's to even handle that itty bitty card? Everytime I take it out I drop it, one of these times my dog is going to eat it.

I'm lucky that my work laptop has an SD reader that I was able to do the format trick on after applying the Hotfix to recognize the card.

I LOVE the way the miniSD goes into the 755p and is not exposed like on my old 650. Card Reader makes it so I can just leave it in there. So when you figure the file copy times, you have to take into account taking the card out, dropping it, finding it, picking it up, putting it in an SD adapter, putting that in the reader, then reversing the whole process.