1.    #1  
    TrackerDog is showing that the latest version of IM is 1.3.66.S and my current version shows as 1.3.60.S (original). I've checked the 'Auto Update Client' option. Does anyone have this new version and does it offer any improvements?

BTW, my AIM account has stopped working (Error 422, UserID and ClientID does not match)
    I downloaded it from the IM link (didn't have it on my treo before) and it does say 1.3.66. I can log onto AIM, MSN and Yahoo. I still don't get notification when I'm on vibrate (no sound, no vibrate), so it still doesn't work, as far as I'm concerned.
  3. IRJ
    I have exactly the same problem and am speaking with Sprint.
    They can't explain why there is a problem (I asked if software might have been changed).
    Remedy is a hard reset, they tell me.

Remove battery.
    Hold down power key and keep down.
    Replace battery and then remove finger/thumb from power button.
    Treo asks if you want to erase all data. You have to say YES.
    Try to open up IM program and follow instructions which will allow you to download latest IM.

Well I am off now to go through this procedure.

Hmm I went thru the procedure and DL'ed the latest AIM now I have got Error 409 telling me my screen name or password is incorrectly entered. That's not right as I rechecked both with my desktop!
    Back to Sprint...
    Last edited by IRJ; 06/28/2007 at 04:53 PM. Reason: updated
  4. IRJ
    This is now annoying.
    Despite AIM working pertectly on my desktop it now won't work on my 755P. SPrint are saying it's not their problem it's AOL's. I suspect something larger.
    The IM program that comes with the 755p is crap. sign up for Gizmo and download their Palm client. it's free and it works sooo much better.

Timmay
    Iím a lucky man to count on both hands
    The ones I love..

Visor Pro -> Visor Edge -> Treo 180 -> Treo 270 -> Treo 600 -> Treo 650 -> T|T2+SE T68i -> Treo 600 -> T-Mobile MDA -> Treo 755p -> Treo 800w -> Treo 755p -> PALM PRE -> Palm Pre 2 -> HP Palm Pre 3

Twittering about
  6.    #6  
    Anyone remember the web address for the IM download?
    lol, the built in Sprint IM application is pretty funny. Now that I finally managed to update it and log into AIM again (after encountering some fun errors the first few tries), it STILL only loads 18 people off my buddy list. And not in alphabetical order, or any order at all. It apparently just randomly chooses 18 people to put onto my buddy list. I've had that problem since I first got the phone and was hoping the update would change things but guess not.

This is just plain sad.
    To be fair to Palm/Sprint/whoever though, even AOL has had problems with buddy lists and logins in the past...I remember one of my screen names couldn't ever sign into AIM express and would always error for no apparent reason, but none of my other SNs would ever do this.

And no, I'm not using that problematic SN with the treo.
  9. IRJ
    I've now done a whole series of hard resets and date erasement each time and then DL of latest AIM. ANd still I cannot log in. Pretty sad. What's strange is it was working when I first got the phone and logged into AIM. Then is suddenly went wrong. So I wonder what changed and where?
  10.    #10  
    When I launched IM today, I got a message saying that there was an update available and it gave me the option of downloading it. When I clicked yes, it took me to the same website as the initial download. Now I have v1.3.66S and AIM works fine.
    Quote Originally Posted by acousticbiker View Post
    When I launched IM today, I got a message saying that there was an update available and it gave me the option of downloading it. When I clicked yes, it took me to the same website as the initial download. Now I have v1.3.66S and AIM works fine.
    What website did it go to? Web address please.
    Kyocera 6035 > Kyocera 7135 > Treo 600 > Treo 650. All Verizon. Sprint Treo 755p, HTC Mogul & Centro
    Unlocked Treo 680 for trips outside Sprint's areas
    I use Toccer for my AOL IM client. Its free. Loads all of my buddies in my list and I get IM alerts even if I'm not actively in it but still online.

I'm just looking for a good yahoo IM client.
    Just go to your Sprint Downloads Page (Main Blazer page), under Downloads, choose Instant Messanger/Email, choose IM, you'll have the option to download the new version for $0.00, hit Download...there you go.
    "A man who drinks only water, has something to hide to his fellow man."

My beer blogs:

Rev. Rhino on Flickr

Rev. Rhino on Twitter
    I have done hard resets and re-downloaded it and still cannot log in. This is crazy that some can and some can't log in.
    I tried downloading Gizmo and it asked to save it to a card. I am not sure what to do as I don't have a card. Any ides?
    i downloaded gizmo.. set up an account..but cant seem to get anywhere after that.. dont even know if i set it up correctly.. any suggestions
    There is this new IM software for Sprint users etc. The name of the software is called Oz Communication, this is their website www.oz.com. I was trying to download it on to my phone and I can't get it on there . The software looks great, if anyone gets this software on to their device please let me know what you did. I have a 755p.

Thank you!
  18.    #18  
    That's interesting...those are the servers that Sprint's IM app uses.
    Quote Originally Posted by reverendrhino View Post
    Just go to your Sprint Downloads Page (Main Blazer page), under Downloads, choose Instant Messanger/Email, choose IM, you'll have the option to download the new version for $0.00, hit Download...there you go.
    I did exactly this, and it updated my IM app. Now people receive my IM's on Windows and Yahoo in a timely fashion, although they didn't with the original app. I don't use AIM, so haven't tested that.