1.    #1  
    I just got a 755P and am having the issue where connection to Powervision fails the first time and succeeds the second time. I can replicate this anytime. I have NO third party apps. The primary and secondary HA numbers are the same. Versamail is configured for EAS.

This seems to be an issue with the Sprint network and the 755P, I had no problems like this on my 650 from Sprint. I have returned one phone, the second phone does the exact same thing.

Ethan
    Quote Originally Posted by ethanseltzer View Post
    The primary and secondary HA numbers are the same.
    Check again; I made the mistake of just glancing quickly before I noticed that the HA numbers have the same last octet, but the second-last one is different.

You might want to try manually provisioning again to see if that helps.

Tom
    Global Posts
    787 Global Posts
    ##data and then go and tell it to update vision settings.
  4.    #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by VetPsychWars View Post
    Check again; I made the mistake of just glancing quickly before I noticed that the HA numbers have the same last octet, but the second-last one is different.

You might want to try manually provisioning again to see if that helps.

Tom
    I stand corrected (Thanks Tom) the primary and secondary HA numbers are different. How do I go about manually provisioning? If I click on the "Modify" button it asks me for a Master Subsidy Lock. When I did this with Sprint Tech support on the line they gave me that number, I re-provisioned, and got the exact same thing.

Is everyone else with the 755p having any connection issues? Has Sprint Tech support done anything that resolves the issue. If I can actually get through to tech support they aren't much help so far.

Thanks

Ethan
    I had this issue with Vision on my 600. and it frequntly needed a second kick when I was surfing. its better now on the 755 but still time to time . I wrote it off as network and never called to complain.

northern Va
    I stand corrected (Thanks Tom) the primary and secondary HA numbers are different. How do I go about manually provisioning? If I click on the "Modify" button it asks me for a Master Subsidy Lock. When I did this with Sprint Tech support on the line they gave me that number, I re-provisioned, and got the exact same thing.

Is everyone else with the 755p having any connection issues? Has Sprint Tech support done anything that resolves the issue. If I can actually get through to tech support they aren't much help so far.

Thanks

Ethan
    Hey, no problems like that whatsoever. In fact, switching from AT&T (formerly Cingular) was a great move for me. I am 10 times happier with Sprint and have no problems connecting to Vision at all.
  7.    #7  
    Just wanted to let you know that this issue has been resolved. I spoke with a Sprint Tech person today and she discovered that my phone was still provisioned for the data service for my old 650 and not EVDO Rev A, which is necessary for the 755P.

This is a bit frustrating in that I asked this question early last week and was told everything was setup up as it should be. The fix took nor more than 10 minutes. Discovering the fix took multiple calls to Sprint and about 3 hours of my time. Data works great now though.
    Just wanted to let you know that this issue has been resolved. I spoke with a Sprint Tech person today and she discovered that my phone was still provisioned for the data service for my old 650 and not EVDO Rev A, which is necessary for the 755P.

This is a bit frustrating in that I asked this question early last week and was told everything was setup up as it should be. The fix took nor more than 10 minutes. Discovering the fix took multiple calls to Sprint and about 3 hours of my time. Data works great now though.
    I went from Cingular EDGE and T650 to Sprint EVDO and a T755p. What do you think of the change from 1xRTT to EVDO?
    Global Posts
    57 Global Posts
    I am having similar problems. I updated my plan and my phone from the Treo 600 to the 755p. The Vision plan could not be applied at the time of my call and needed to be done when the 755p was in hand. I see the Vision upgrades (as in the Premiere TV channel line up) but never once have I gotten EVDO speeds, blue triangles or blue arrows.

I called CS back and they insist that EVDO is switched on. They placed a ticket 2 days ago...after promising a call within 36 hours.

We shall see....
    Maybe they "think" EVDO was turned on but it wasn't- or I have a defective unit.

I have to wait and see.

Rob
    Place witty signature here:
  10.    #10  
    Quote Originally Posted by Psykik View Post
    I am having similar problems. I updated my plan and my phone from the Treo 600 to the 755p. The Vision plan could not be applied at the time of my call and needed to be done when the 755p was in hand. I see the Vision upgrades (as in the Premiere TV channel line up) but never once have I gotten EVDO speeds, blue triangles or blue arrows.

I called CS back and they insist that EVDO is switched on. They placed a ticket 2 days ago...after promising a call within 36 hours.

We shall see....
    Maybe they "think" EVDO was turned on but it wasn't- or I have a defective unit.

I have to wait and see.

Rob
    I went through the EXACT same thing, Sprint never called back after the 36 hours. The third rep I got on the line with found it right away. I even got another phone, that did not work. I would call Sprint back.