Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Okay, I finally got EAS to work on my work email and calendar at work, but now when I go to hotsync with my Outlook at home I get an message telling me to turn off the Conduits for outlook.

Is there a way to EAS for work and hotsync for my home Outlook? I want all of my calendars to have the same information.

Thanks

Chris
    I use Outlook at work and the Palm Desktop client at home. But, I very seldom sync at home since EAS takes care of my calendar on the Treo and at work. Don't really need the desktop calendar at home.
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnH59 View Post
    I use Outlook at work and the Palm Desktop client at home. But, I very seldom sync at home since EAS takes care of my calendar on the Treo and at work. Don't really need the desktop calendar at home.
    Yeah, I"d like to be able to update my Outlook at home so my wife knows what meetings I have coming up in the evenings.
    Global Posts
    27 Global Posts
    bump!
    Chris - what if you set up a custom hotsync so that the handheld overrides the desktop for all things "Outlook"...

I use EAS, and also occasionally sync at home (although not often), and don't think I've ever seen the message you're getting...

???
    ~Juan
    Or you could set your home computer also to sync with your company exchange system.

Surur
    Global Posts
    27 Global Posts
    I am experiencing this same situation.

Reseting the custom hotsync does not work. You can make the change, but it doesn't seem to stick.

I have no idea how one would sync a home computer with my company's exchange server...
    Yeah - I think your company's IT department would have to allow it, rather than just allowing over-the-air access to email... I know my company, for instance, doesn't let you configure your outlook at home.

As for your "doesn't seem to stick" - play around with it - there's a way to make things you choose the new default setting... put anything having to do with outlook to "Handheld overrides desktop" and then check to make it the default, and you should be good!
    You can't sync Outlook or Palm Desktop Contacts and Calendar (Tasks as well) if you have an ActiveSync (EAS) account created on your Treo. EAS and the desktop HotSync Manager don't like each other. So if you try to sync, the hot sync will skip Contacts and your Calendar. Going into the HotSync manager, you'll see that Contacts and Calendar is set to "Do Nothing". Same deal with PocketMirror...its one or the other (Sync to your computer or Exchange), you can't have both.
    Global Posts
    358 Global Posts
    WHat is we NEED both? when I create contacts, appointments, etc on my home PC I need to be able to hotsync them to the PALM.. then later I can activesync them via palm versamail to my work server. Without being able to hotsync when I am at home, I am stuck dead... Any ideas?
    With EAS enabled, you cannot HotSync calendar items.
    I set up my home computer to sync with my work Exchange server. It is a rare Exchange server that will allow ActiveSync but won't allow sync over the wire with Outlook on your home computer.

Or, I believe that installing something like Beyond Contacts on your home computer will do the job.
    Quote Originally Posted by djqwik View Post
    WHat is we NEED both? when I create contacts, appointments, etc on my home PC I need to be able to hotsync them to the PALM.. then later I can activesync them via palm versamail to my work server. Without being able to hotsync when I am at home, I am stuck dead... Any ideas?
    I'm in the same situation! Sucks.
    Palm III -> Palm IV -> Treo 300 -> Treo 600 -> Treo 700p -> Treo 755p
    Global Posts
    358 Global Posts
    I am still in the same boat.. HOWEVER I now have a bigger issue where using the AGENDUS PROGRAM and activesync to outlook, the icons get messed up in the month view. Any ideas why?

Thanks...
    Set up vpn on your home computer, and install outlook on it. That is how I keep my laptop in sync with the work machine, and Treo.
    Matty
    Quote Originally Posted by matty032 View Post
    Set up vpn on your home computer, and install outlook on it. That is how I keep my laptop in sync with the work machine, and Treo.
    wait..so i can vpn in and have my home outlook sync to my exchange outlook???
    Palm III -> Palm IV -> Treo 300 -> Treo 600 -> Treo 700p -> Treo 755p
    I think I'm having a problem with my calendars that is related to this. I'm using EAS for my Yahoo mail (forwarding Yahoo to a free exchange server service, then pushed to Treo). I would like to get my contacts from my work computer by Hot Synching with the Outlook contacts. But for some reason, I'm not getting new Appointments when I Hot Synch. My work email is a POP3 pull.

Any Ideas?

Thanks,

Rick
    Global Posts
    510 Global Posts
    I have posted a thread with the same issue.

I too would like to have my calendar at home match my activesync calendar, not too mention contacts as well.

I was afraid to try and sync with Palm client at home but maybe it's worth a shot. Has anyone tried this yet??
    Former I-500, Treo 600
    Former 650 User !
    Former 700p
    Now 755P
    *All Sprint*
    Quote Originally Posted by chuhsi View Post
    wait..so i can vpn in and have my home outlook sync to my exchange outlook???
    Yes sir. Easy as pie.
    Matty
    Global Posts
    510 Global Posts
    how?

what is vpn, how can my home outlook sync to my exchange outlook?

please do explain....
    Former I-500, Treo 600
    Former 650 User !
    Former 700p
    Now 755P
    *All Sprint*
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast