Global Posts
    495 Global Posts
    I have been considering one of the nifty GPS Bluetooth things. Keep it in my backpack for when my brother needs directions to a friends house from "where I am right now" type of thing.

How well do they seem to work? and... does it use data or pure GPS? I dont think it would work with T-Zones as it is. =[ I need to switch to AT&T but my dad is holding off, can't tell why.
    Aaron M. Fisher
    CEO of Sonicfish Consulting
    www.SonicfishConsulting.com

PDA/ Smartphones:
    Handspring Visor> Sony Clie SL10> Nokia N-Gage> Nokia 3300b> Treo 600> Treo 650> Treo 680> Nokia e71> Apple iPhone 3G> Palm Pre+
    Global Posts
    102 Global Posts
    I have t-mobile's t-zones and am able to use gps just fine. I don't have one of the more popular gps setups, so cannot speak to them, but I am using something from RadioShack I've had for a long time and used on my Tungsten C along with Mapopolis maps. Mapopolis is no longer selling maps, but so far, what I have works for me.
    Global Posts
    1,727 Global Posts
    I'm getting a BT module (it sitting @ my work right now, but I'm on vacation ) and am going to try Telenav since it is subscription based. If I like it then great, but I'll get a couple months experience with GPS on the Palm and figure out exactly what I need.
    Global Posts
    916 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by fishera View Post
    I have been considering one of the nifty GPS Bluetooth things. Keep it in my backpack for when my brother needs directions to a friends house from "where I am right now" type of thing.

How well do they seem to work? and... does it use data or pure GPS? I dont think it would work with T-Zones as it is. =[ I need to switch to AT&T but my dad is holding off, can't tell why.
    Pure GPS, no data.
    GSM Treo 600 > Unlocked GSM Treo 650 on T-Mobile - Attempting to use a BB Curve

Technology is neither good nor evil, good people will find good uses for it and evil people will find evil uses for it. Phil P.
    I bought a Bluetooth GPS unit and TomTom software and it works fine.

Actually, I think we had to tweek the software for the 680, but I think TomTom has it fixed now. Any of the bluetooth modules should work fine.
    Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms. Who's bringing the chips?