1.    #1  
    I'm a registered user of smartdoc, which I use primarily for composing material. I know there are supposedly third party apps that make syching with MS word files easier but I've never tried one.
    I also use Tealdoc as some of the medical docs I've downloaded have graphics in them which only tealdoc can display, smartdoc just shows a bunch of gibberish.

My question: I would like to get down to just one doc reader/writer on my Vdx. Is there anything that functions like smartdoc, but is capable of also handling embedded graphics? An added bonus would be better synching with MS word files on your computer.
    thanks
    Cutting Edges new version of QuickWord supposedly sync's very well with Word. However, it still doesn't support graphics.

Here's a link to BrightHands review:

http://www.brighthand.com/html/palmo...ckoffice1.html
    <><
    I was doing a little research on this last week myself, and I don't think there's any doc editor/reader/graphics out there. (Although I hope someone can prove me wrong...) There's a number of viewers, though.

My $.02, Quickword is great for almost all my word processing/e-book reading needs and only takes up about 100K. WordSmith is the best rich text (bold, bullet points, multiple fonts, etc) editor, but the app alone is a whopping 400K. Both can sync with Word docs.
  4.    #4  
    I had read somewhere that Quickword was having trouble working with keyboards like the stowaway. Has anyone noticed this problem? Is or was there ever such a problem, and if so, has it been fixed?

If both quickword and wordsmith can synch with MSword files easily, I'll go for the cheaper unless something like keyboard incompatibility comes into play.

Question on synching: I read that quickword has a special conduit that actually synchs the document on your visor to the word document on your pc, essentially keeping them both up to date? Is this true? Does wordsmith work similar to this or does it take more steps?

thanks again
    Originally posted by Richard
    Question on synching: I read that quickword has a special conduit that actually synchs the document on your visor to the word document on your pc, essentially keeping them both up to date? Is this true? Does wordsmith work similar to this or does it take more steps?

thanks again
    I've used QuickWord and WordSmith, and both have conduits that keep the MS Word files on the PC in sync with the Palm documents.

It is possible to lose some of the more complex MS Word formatting when you make changes on the Palm side and sync (stuff that doesn't get shipped down to the Palm side.) However, I had to work at it for this to happen. Moreover, WordSmith now has an option to ship some of the "extra" MS Word formatting down to the Palm document, so it isn't lost when you make changes on the Palm side. (However, using the option increases the time it takes to hotsync the document.)

I switched from QuickWord to WordSmith. QuickWord is a fine app, but WordSmith is a comer -- it does exactly what I want, they keeping adding great features to it, and the support is excellent.
    Jeff Meyer

"And he died like he lived: with his mouth wide open."
    Was just at meeting where I used my Stowaway to write notes into pEdit. Converted the files into .doc files that I could read on both pEdit and iSilo. Any thought to using this?
  7.    #7  
    Thanks for your responses. I don't think there is a doc program out there that does graphics yet. Tealdoc is the closest I know that does graphics, but thats read only. As such, being a registered user of smartdoc, I found out I could upgrade to quickwrite for free. Did so and have been pleased so far. It does synch very well with MSword files.