Global Posts
    170 Global Posts
    I want to sync just my contacts info to my 700p after a hard reset. I want to clean up all of the remnants of deleted trial software and such from my phone but I need my contacts. I saw here to rename the Palm Backup folder to BackupOld, but on my PC that has Vista on it, I can't find any Backup folder and it restores all of my old apps everytime I HotSync. Any suggestions?
    Quote Originally Posted by adz1966 View Post
    I want to sync just my contacts info to my 700p after a hard reset. I want to clean up all of the remnants of deleted trial software and such from my phone but I need my contacts. I saw here to rename the Palm Backup folder to BackupOld, but on my PC that has Vista on it, I can't find any Backup folder and it restores all of my old apps everytime I HotSync. Any suggestions?
    Under Vista, your Backup folder (which is named using bits of your HotSync Treo device name) is relocated to the compatibility-mode Virtual Store. You can find it in ...\Appdata\Local\VirtualStore\Program Files\Palm\...
    Appdata is a hidden folder so you need to set the "view hidden files" attribute
    Global Posts
    170 Global Posts
    Thanks guys, for the quick and accurate advice. Worked perfectly.
    I love these forums!
    Thanks again.