1.    #1  
    The new update from ATT for the 680 has my my unit muuuch more unstable concerning the phone app. I get soft resets a lot now when using the phone or dialing numbers, as well as at the end of about 1/2 my cradle syncs. I'm getting real sick of that little Orange popping up, not to mention the new ATT splash on the phone app. I already hated the fact that their evil namesake is back on my device.

Anyone else having instability after the new ROM upgrade?
    Patrick Horne
    I had my phone reset on me while trying to enable bluetooth during a phone call, but that was probably asking for it. I also had to reinstall the Google Maps app since it would reset my phone when I tried to access it.
    No instability here, and I have a gadzillion background/always on type apps.
    Global Posts
    57 Global Posts
    No instability for me, either. I don't use a lot of non-standard apps...Key Caps might be the only one.
    Have you tried reapplying the update?
    at&t Treo 680, SW 2.11-ATT
    Cingular Treo 650 Unlocked, SW 1.17-CNG/FW 1.51
  6.    #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by mistercoffee1 View Post
    Have you tried reapplying the update?
    If it can be done without disaster, I'll try it. My first one was not flawless as it ended in a reset loop. But finally got it out. Will it work?
    Patrick Horne
    What method did you originally use? (Hotsync or SD method)
    How did you get out of the reset loop?
    at&t Treo 680, SW 2.11-ATT
    Cingular Treo 650 Unlocked, SW 1.17-CNG/FW 1.51
    680 has had no issues with the update. In fact, this has been the most stable Treo I have had to date. My wife still uses the 650 and it has been pretty solid for the last 1 1/2 years but, she doesn't add any software. Just the basics.
    IIIc-iPaq 3500, 3900, 2200, 4300-i705-SX56,SX66-T-T2-TC-600-650-8125-8525-8700-Pearl-680-iPhone-Tilt-AT&T Centro

There cant be a crisis next week. My schedule is already full.

Mine has also been rock solid.
  10.    #10  
    hotsync method. hard reset.
    Patrick Horne
    Best way to do the upgrades is back up, hard reset, do the upgrade, hard reset again, restore.

When you restore, make sure you exclude any updated things, such as the security or camera patch. Those were in ram, so you don't want them restored back. I don't think they'd cause any particular problems, but best to not restore them.
    Quote Originally Posted by khaytsus View Post
    When you restore, make sure you exclude any updated things, such as the security or camera patch. Those were in ram, so you don't want them restored back. I don't think they'd cause any particular problems, but best to not restore them.
    Hmmm . . . . I didn't think about that when I restored after the update. I have had no problems, though.
  13.    #13  
    Done. Thanks for the tips. Why didn't I use the SD version in the first place?

But, she still crashes from one of the primary issues. Anyone else who has updated, see if your 680 can handle this:

#1 Select a phone # from Contacts with the CENTER button
    >> A little window appears asking to "dial", "message", or "cancel"
    #2 Select the center button again to dial
    >> Bam, Little mister orange blob appears ... reset

This never happened until the update. I normally don't dial this way, but anyone who is a 650 user has surely had a learning curve on this, b/c the 650 dialed this way. The 680 dials directly by using the green button on a contacts #.

Anyway, I'll see if some of the other crashes have subsided as I use it. It's mainly been the Phone apps redials etc that have been most noticeable.

Thanks again everyone,
    Patrick Horne
    Quote Originally Posted by LiveFaith View Post

But, she still crashes from one of the primary issues. Anyone else who has updated, see if your 680 can handle this:

No problem here.
    I too have experienced problems with my 680 after applying the update, which I finally got around to applying yesterday.

I do use quite a bit of third-party software, so perhaps the update and these apps don't get along very well.

1. Every time I add an appointment on the handheld via DateBk5,
    the Treo resets.

(Since DateBk5 is a couple revs out of date, I'll check into an update.)

2. I also use a third-party app (SyncML) to sync my calendar over-the-air to a corporate calendar system.

After applying the update, whenever I use SyncML to attempt to sync, I get a reset when sync is nearly complete.

3. After I first applied the udpate, launching GoogleMaps would reset
    the device. So I reinstalled Google maps; no reset.
    (I've also been having trouble with Google Maps claiming there was no
    network connection. This got "fixed" after I shut down yet another third-party app (chattermail)
    ran Google Maps, then restarted Chatter. Both apps
    seem to coexist OK... at least for now. This "no connection" problem predates the AT&T 680 update; this seems unrelated.)

4. Seem to get random resets at other times - which did not happen prior to applying the AT&T update.
    Reinstall Google Maps.

And as for your SyncML problem, try this program and see what it says:

http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...d.php?t=147809

You can try the free version of it, named in the thread, or buy the program that does "more". The free version might fix your problems, so I'd try it first.
    Global Posts
    66 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by LiveFaith View Post

This never happened until the update. I normally don't dial this way, but anyone who is a 650 user has surely had a learning curve on this, b/c the 650 dialed this way. The 680 dials directly by using the green button on a contacts #.

Anyway, I'll see if some of the other crashes have subsided as I use it. It's mainly been the Phone apps redials etc that have been most noticeable.

Thanks again everyone,
    No problem like that here. Very stable since att update.
    PalmIII>PalmIIIxe>Palm TungstenT>Treo650>Treo680
    son of a ***** i didnt want to be the only one posting this up

but the OG app works great i updated and im having major problems like you now
    some times my phone will ring and then it will randomly reset
    so there are only 3 of us ??