Global Posts
    392 Global Posts
    Is there any way to transfer my e-mail contacts from my mac's e-mail program to my treo 680, I also use missing sync. Or is there a way to get them to my address book which syncs perfectly.
    What program are you using? I know it will sync great if you use Mail and Address Book.
    Global Posts
    392 Global Posts
    I use mac mail & address book, OS 10.3.9 MS 5.1.2
    You cannot sync mac mail with your treo addrees book with missing sync or any other program for that matter. You can only sync your mac address book with your treo address book. And you can only add email addresses into your address book one at a time, using the "add sender to address book" option in Mac Mail.

There is another way to have email address information accessible on your treo without messing with the address book. Just keep all your potentially important old email messages on a subfolder of your IMAP inbox. Then if you want to send an email to anyone who sent you an email earlier, just plug their name into the find function on the palm (press option/shift together), and you can easily find the email to reply to. I keep about 1500 to 2000 recent emails on a subfolder of my IMAP inbox called file, just for this purpose - easy retreival on my treo by the palm find feature.

The palm find feature is like spotlight on the Mac in this regard.

By the way, some email IMAP clients are not robust enough to maintain IMAP mailboxes with thousands of emails. Snapper and Agendus Mail each are not so hot, but chatter email works great at this.

good luck
    Global Posts
    577 Global Posts
    Apple Mail uses the Address Book to store email and contact info. Unfortunatly, I think you need to be running the latest version of MacOS (10.4) for MissingSync to sync with Address Book.
    Global Posts
    392 Global Posts
    Thanks Cellmatrix, thats what I thought.
    Quote Originally Posted by ktm97 View Post
    Is there any way to transfer my e-mail contacts from my mac's e-mail program to my treo 680, I also use missing sync. Or is there a way to get them to my address book which syncs perfectly.
    I have not yet tried it but this app might be what you are looking for:

http://versiontracker.com/dyn/moreinfo/macosx/26046
    Global Posts
    392 Global Posts
    Thanks I will give it a shot and report back.
    any luck?
    Global Posts
    392 Global Posts
    I found something that works better for me, my bulk e-mail program(maxbulk email) it will extract the emails from the mac mail program. and it's free