1.    #1  
    Hi,

I'm trying to find some lefty news channels for avantgo. Searching their site, I've come up with all very straight news channels. I tried making a custom channel out of www.commondreams.org, but it's not formatted correctly and therefore far too frustrating.

Any pointers would be excellent.

-bagelche
    what do you mean by "left news channel?"
    Meaning progressive/democratic, I assume? The DNC has a mobile site. That's about the only one I'm aware of.

http://avantgo.democrats.org/avantgo/index.html
    Any of the national news organizations should suit you well
  5.    #6  
    I guess I should have been more clear, though I do thank David for providing insight on left-handedness :-). By lefty I meant progressive politics, one may even use that dreaded word liberal ("love me, I'm a liberal - Phil Ochs). Not to set off an OT debate on it all, but I don't really consider the DNC to be particularly progressive, nor do I feel that the mainstream press offers the editorial mindset I'm looking for.

I do, for the record have on my avantgo NYT news and had fox as well as the BBC. tried a few others along those lines.

I was hoping that somewhere there were progressives who used visors and had a good source on news and info.

Oh well... viva la revolucion!
    0-bagelche
    "I cried when they shot Medger Evers,
    Tears ran down my spine.
    I cried when they shot Mr. Kennedy,
    It's as though I'd lost a brother of mine.
    But Malcolm X got what was coming,
    He got what he asked for this time,
    So love me, love me, love me, I'm a li-ber-al."

Sorry, I couldn't resist, I was teethed on Phil Ochs. Scary thing is, I even remember the words. Red diaper babies of the world unite!
    Salon has some op-ed stuff that may interest you.
    Not to set off an OT debate on it all, but I don't really consider the DNC to be particularly progressive....

I was hoping that somewhere there were progressives who used visors and had a good source on news and info.
    Yes, there are other progressives who use Visors. Clearly, the DNC is not in the same league as Common Dreams or The Nation but, unfortunately, it's still the "left-est" mobile channel that I'm aware of.

Just trying to be helpful. I'm curious also, to see if there's something out there I didn't know about.
  9.    #10  
    I always liked that line, "tears run down my spine"....

I do actually get Salon as well. I quite enjoy Salon and they're kind enough to give me viewpoints I don't agree w/ as well. If only I could get Tom Tomorrow on my visor! I think that man's a genius.

I looked at the DNC channel today. Could be better than nothing. Last time I checked it out was during the campaign -- didn't suit my green (jeans) needs.

I've sent a couple of letters to Commondreams encouraging a reformatted page, but not even a response. Perhaps the Nation.

Well, I'll continue my search. I'll happily report back if I find anything and I encourage anyone else to do the same. I'd love to see what's out there.

-bagelche