1.    #1  
    I updated to the 700p MR last week. Tonight when I switched to the SMS application, all my messages (since around April) were gone! This includes Inbox, Outbox, Sent, etc.

I can restore the history from a backup, but has anyone else has noticed this behavior?
    I have a 755p and i lost all of my SMS messages two nights ago as well...I thought it was just me....hmmmm
    Global Posts
    779 Global Posts
    This has happened to me multiple times (probably ~five) since the begining of the year. So it was happening (to me anyway) before the MR as well. It has always been triggered by an incoming text message. The text messaging applicaton crashes while trying to process the incoming message and the entire SMS database is wiped out.

Does the ##377# System Error Log indicate that you last crashed due to a text messaging problem?

http://tinyurl.com/yu9be9

This prompted me to start using NVBackup for daily backups so the most I lose now is 24-hrs worth of messages.

Your mileage may vary,
    ERic
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by ERicJ; 06/27/2007 at 11:25 AM.
    Samsung SCH-8500 & Palm m515 --> Treo600 --> Treo650 --> Treo700p --> Epic4G (all on Sprint)
    Quote Originally Posted by Thorendor View Post
    I updated to the 700p MR last week. Tonight when I switched to the SMS application, all my messages (since around April) were gone! This includes Inbox, Outbox, Sent, etc.

I can restore the history from a backup, but has anyone else has noticed this behavior?
    You could if you have a backup... get a backup program like Backup Manager and make frequent backups and if that happens again (it happens to me but very rarely) you can go into your most recent backup and just restore your sms messages.
    I had a similar issue, reset loop cause me to hard reset. I have a backup of my old synch folder, and I found a messages.pdb in the archive folder, but I cant seem to get it onto my post MR 700p

Where should that file be placed?
  6.    #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by ERicJ View Post
    This has happened to me multiple times (probably ~five) since the begining of the year. So it was happening (to me anyway) before the MR as well. It has always been triggered by an incoming text message. The text messaging applicaton crashes while trying to process the incoming message and the entire SMS database is wiped out.

Does the ##377# System Error Log indicate that you last crashed due to a text messaging problem?
    Nothing's crashed, and I verified it with the system error log. The SMS message database just goes away, and I only notice it has happened (three times now) when looking for older messages. For me this has only happened since the MR. While I do have a backup program, I'm concerned about what other data corruption might be happening. If I don't notice early enough, then it may be impossible to restore the data cleanly.
    Global Posts
    78 Global Posts
    Coincidentally, or not, I also lost my SMS messages a few days ago.
    Palm IIIx -> Sprint Treo 300 -> Sprint Treo 600 -> Verizon Treo 700P -> Verizon Motorola Moto Q 9m
    Jabra JX10 -> Motorola HS-850 -> Aliph Jawbone

Arizona Criminal Attorney |
    Arizona DUI Attorney
    I accidently deleted a sms message - can anyone tell me how to get it back? I haven't hot synced my treo yet in hopes it is somehwere on my computer.
    Thanks so much for any help.

Sarah
    Quote Originally Posted by sarah View Post
    I accidently deleted a sms message - can anyone tell me how to get it back? I haven't hot synced my treo yet in hopes it is somehwere on my computer.
    Thanks so much for any help.

Sarah
    I actually had this same issue, check this post below...If you have sprint the only way to get it back is by supoena...I emailed sprint and they said this is the only way to get it back...

http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...d.php?t=149989