1.    #1  
    I was hoping Milan would provide this software for 755 & here it is:

Profiles for 755

It says beta but it works fine. Thanks Milan!

PS you can only download from Treo itself.
    Last edited by treoneo; 06/26/2007 at 07:38 PM.
    installed this yesterday... still testing things out a bit, but so far... <3
    Just waiting for the day my Pre has contacts grouping, and a "speed dial" for text messaging
    Man, I've been missing this program since having to leave my 700p - great for killing the keyguard for backups and quickly changing brightness. Thanks!!
    Treo 755s in good condition available on ebay for $50-$75. No need to pay for insurance or buy a Pre.
    Awesome...nice to have it back again.
    Still no Bluetooth support...???
    Vista: right click, save as - worked fine and sycn'd to my Treo 700p via Bluetooth. Ben

Quote Originally Posted by treoneo View Post
    I was hoping Milan would provide this software for 755 & here it is:

Profiles for 755

It says beta but it works fine. Thanks Milan!

PS you can only download from Treo itself.
    Global Posts
    426 Global Posts
    So here's a question: Profiles lets you adjust the contrast, but as best I can tell, there is no native tool on the 755p for adjusting contrast, just brightness. Is that right?? I started by doing a Copy Prefs and it set the contrast to zero. I haven't dared trying to change it.
    AFAIKAFAIKAFAIK $the$ &$quot$;$contrast$&$quot$; $is$ $no$ $longer$ $used$ $on$ $newer$ $devices$ $such$ $as$ $the$ $Treo$.

Just FYI - I was able to import the old profilesDB from my 700p backup image - had to tweak some of the sound settings and redo the triggers, but otherwise it all seemed to come over fine. Nice.
    Treo 755s in good condition available on ebay for $50-$75. No need to pay for insurance or buy a Pre.
    That is correct. I installed the beta on my 700p yesterday and today - worked ok; however, I find it just as easy to move the switch to mute. Another great feature - it does not launch from the default launcher or ZLauncher's launch screen. I have to launch it from within the file manager.

Ben
    Ben, Profiles is a panel app, this means that it is accessed via the Prefs app and not from the launcher programs.
    Looking for a way to earn additional income? One that allows you to not only market services people use everyday, but the services of the future too? This opportunity provides outstanding earning potential with ongoing training and support. You are in business for yourself but never by yourself. Stop imagining and start living.

Independent Representative
    Carl Brooks
    carl@techloyal.com
    http://www.techloyal.com
  11.    #11  
    another thing I noticed is the theme "midnight" is not available on the 755. but somehow when I install profiles it brings the "midnight" theme back (maybe from 700).
    ^just checked - it's not available in 700P(MR) either but does show up in Profiles. Interesting...
    Palm III > Palm V > Palm Vx > (Sprint) Kyo 6035 > Handspring Treo 300
    > Handspring Treo 600 Oct.'03 > Palm Treo 700P May'06 > Treo 755P Aug.'07 > Pre(-) June'09 + TouchPad July'11 LONG LIVE webOS!!!
    So does anyone have an idea how to get Profiles to NOT adjust the color theme? Colorize or Khroma themes are overridden when the profile changes.

Or.. is there anyway to somehow adjust the built-in ColorThemes the Profiles is pulling from (which the answer is probably no because they are in ROM)
    is there a db file with profiles already?
    What's up everyone.Ok,so I'm new to the world of Treos.And I downloaded the profiles app OTA.But there's not any profiles in it.lol.where would I go to download some themes?Because it sounds like everyone is saying that you can basically change the look of the Apps screen.I think.lol.But any advice would be greatly appreciated.T.I.A.
    No, Profiles 1.05t is to basiccally setup different system and sound settings like any other phone has (WORK, Silent, Home, Car, etc). It just so happens that one of the settings in Profiles is to select which of the build in Color Themes each profile uses. Unfortunately, pretty much all of Palm's built in color themes suck. So people use other programs like Colorize or Khroma to tweak the system colors to their liking. However, the Profiles program only has the option to select Palm's built in color themes and no way to say "Just leave the color as it is"

So if you want to change your color, you can use either the ColorTheme preference in your Prefs program and use Profiles, or don't use Profiles and get Colorize or Khroma (both freeware).

The only other option seems to go big and use SkinUI or PalmRevolt to get a theme which will override the color theme Profiles sets.