Results 1 to 17 of 17
  1.    #1  
    ok...i've about had it with my wife bi***ing that her 700p phone call/headset/txt didn't work or phone rebooted. I've applied the SD ROM update and problems still persist. Those of you who may have had a 700p MR update and still switched to a 755, can you comment if the 755 is still better?
  2. #2  
    Quote Originally Posted by MilenkoD View Post
    ok...i've about had it with my wife bi***ing that her 700p phone call/headset/txt didn't work or phone rebooted. I've applied the SD ROM update and problems still persist. Those of you who may have had a 700p MR update and still switched to a 755, can you comment if the 755 is still better?
    Yes its 10000 times better than the 700p. I had the 700MR for 1 day and it basically did nothing and into the UPS return package it went and I called to activate the 755p I just received and all my issues have been solved.

    Texts dont freeze (well only when you are sending a text and getting one at the same time but at max its 10 -15 seconds not like the 700p that would freeze and need a rest)

    BT works great, I have 3 devices that I have paired only once they day I got the phone and I have not had a problem connected to any of them or have had to repair them. Before the 700p would forget devices even if I had just used them just 15 mins ago, not to mention randomly dropped a paired device in use.

    So far it has no lag, no resets when I am on a call and another call comes in.

    To sum it up its what the 700p should of been out of the box.
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by AndrewAz View Post
    Yes its 10000 times better than the 700p. I had the 700MR for 1 day and it basically did nothing and into the UPS return package it went and I called to activate the 755p I just received and all my issues have been solved.

    Texts dont freeze (well only when you are sending a text and getting one at the same time but at max its 10 -15 seconds not like the 700p that would freeze and need a rest)

    BT works great, I have 3 devices that I have paired only once they day I got the phone and I have not had a problem connected to any of them or have had to repair them. Before the 700p would forget devices even if I had just used them just 15 mins ago, not to mention randomly dropped a paired device in use.

    So far it has no lag, no resets when I am on a call and another call comes in.

    To sum it up its what the 700p should of been out of the box.
    1.) Did your MR install succesfully on the 700p? When I first updated it, I didn't notice much difference until I found out the install choked. Post MR re-install, it did finally take and performance issues have imporved...but not well enough.

    2.) What headsets are you using?
  4. #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by MilenkoD View Post
    1.) Did your MR install succesfully on the 700p? When I first updated it, I didn't notice much difference until I found out the install choked. Post MR re-install, it did finally take and performance issues have imporved...but not well enough.

    2.) What headsets are you using?

    1. Yes, I had no problem with the MR install and even read about it not working for some people and checked and it did work, at the time I had a 755p replacement arrive on the same day and prior to that another person on my account had a 755p so I compared that to the new 755p to the pre 700p MR and 700p with MR and the 755p's kicked the crap out of the 700ps in terms of speed, even when I did a hard rest on my 700p the 755p that was a few weeks old and loaded with apps was still faster.

    2. I am using a sony ericsson BT headset its a few years old and I am not sure on the model number but it was around $60ish and its not the best. Its called an HB something.
  5.    #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by AndrewAz View Post
    1. Yes, I had no problem with the MR install and even read about it not working for some people and checked and it did work, at the time I had a 755p replacement arrive on the same day and prior to that another person on my account had a 755p so I compared that to the new 755p to the pre 700p MR and 700p with MR and the 755p's kicked the crap out of the 700ps in terms of speed, even when I did a hard rest on my 700p the 755p that was a few weeks old and loaded with apps was still faster.

    2. I am using a sony ericsson BT headset its a few years old and I am not sure on the model number but it was around $60ish and its not the best. Its called an HB something.
    Great. That's the feedback I was hoping for.

    BTW...all Sony-Erricson headsets are "HB something" but thanks anyway.
  6. #6  
    It looks like the HBH-PV705 I think its an older version of it. But now days you can find a much better one for the same price or less than what I paid. It worked fine with my old A900 then the 700p was hell now it works fine on the 755p.
  7. #7  
    For me I am sticking to the 700p (I bought a 755p also, but it's going to my wife).

    Despite many of the advantages of the 755p, a few things that make me stick with the 700p today.

    1) Giant batteries are available today
    2) 8GB SDHC cards are available today
    3) Class 6 SDHC cards are available today
    Minor) I like my Seido pen/stylus. I don't care for the plastic 755p stylus.

    -Brian
    Last edited by Brandorr; 06/28/2007 at 03:15 PM. Reason: clarification
    HP200LX -> Palm Pilot -> Palm III -> Sony PEG-300 -> Sony PEG-N710C -> Treo 650 -> Treo 700p -> Treo 755p -> (iPhone or Treo 800L or something unexpected)??
  8. ink883's Avatar
    Posts
    872 Posts
    Global Posts
    883 Global Posts
    #8  
    The 755's size, shape (curved sides), paintjob (rubbery), and lighter weight make it feel much better in my hand, and fit much better in my pocket. The 755 is not so much an upgrade in function and it is in form. Go to the store and hold a real one is your hands (not the demo with stuff attached). You will not want to go back to the 700.

    Ohh and no creaking battery door (like the 650 & 700).
    Visor --> Visor Platinum --> Treo 300 --> Treo 600 --> Treo 650 --> Treo 700p --> Treo 755p --> Treo 800w --> Palm Pre
  9. ink883's Avatar
    Posts
    872 Posts
    Global Posts
    883 Global Posts
    #9  
    Quote Originally Posted by Brandorr View Post
    don't care for the plastic 755p stylus.
    I understand, but the plasitc helps make for a lighter phone overall.
    Visor --> Visor Platinum --> Treo 300 --> Treo 600 --> Treo 650 --> Treo 700p --> Treo 755p --> Treo 800w --> Palm Pre
  10. #10  
    Quote Originally Posted by ink883 View Post
    I understand, but the plasitc helps make for a lighter phone overall.
    Wow, so if you put the 700p stylus in the left front pocket of your trousers, and a 755p one in your right, the left leg would lag?
    PIII,PIIIx,V,Vx,M505,M515,TT,T3,650,700p=>>iPhone
    There's more to life than technology....but not a whole lot more
  11. #11  
    the 755p has far worse reception than the 700p. Everything else works better on the 755p.
  12. ink883's Avatar
    Posts
    872 Posts
    Global Posts
    883 Global Posts
    #12  
    Quote Originally Posted by Ohmster View Post
    Wow, so if you put the 700p stylus in the left front pocket of your trousers, and a 755p one in your right, the left leg would lag?
    Not only would it lag, my pants would hang low, just to one side. It was a terrible situation, I had to wear 1/2 of a suspender.
    Visor --> Visor Platinum --> Treo 300 --> Treo 600 --> Treo 650 --> Treo 700p --> Treo 755p --> Treo 800w --> Palm Pre
  13. ink883's Avatar
    Posts
    872 Posts
    Global Posts
    883 Global Posts
    #13  
    Quote Originally Posted by jweis View Post
    the 755p has far worse reception than the 700p. Everything else works better on the 755p.
    I did not find this to be true at all.

    I had both phones for a couple of days, and reception was almost identical. Holding the phones next to each other, I checked the RSSI Value at several locations inside and outside. They would always be +/- 01 of each other. Including the 755p getter a better signal then the 700 at times.
    Visor --> Visor Platinum --> Treo 300 --> Treo 600 --> Treo 650 --> Treo 700p --> Treo 755p --> Treo 800w --> Palm Pre
  14. #14  
    Quote Originally Posted by ink883 View Post
    Not only would it lag, my pants would hang low, just to one side. It was a terrible situation, I had to wear 1/2 of a suspender.
    I'd suffer the lag/hang over suffering the chastising from suspenders!
    PIII,PIIIx,V,Vx,M505,M515,TT,T3,650,700p=>>iPhone
    There's more to life than technology....but not a whole lot more
  15. #15  
    So you do have a decrease in reception with the internal antenna. With internals you automatically lose 15db. I was trying to figure out earlier posts in this forum stating improved reception. The only way that could happen was with CDMA radio software problems inherent in the 700p.
    Matty
  16. ink883's Avatar
    Posts
    872 Posts
    Global Posts
    883 Global Posts
    #16  
    Quote Originally Posted by matty032 View Post
    So you do have a decrease in reception with the internal antenna. With internals you automatically lose 15db. I was trying to figure out earlier posts in this forum stating improved reception. The only way that could happen was with CDMA radio software problems inherent in the 700p.
    I am not sure where you are getting that 15db. Perhaps the comparison was with other types of phones. Between the 650, 700, and 755. The recpetion is almost identical in terms of RSSI value (usually between +/- 1). I don't measure in terms of bars because that can very from phone model to phone model.
    Visor --> Visor Platinum --> Treo 300 --> Treo 600 --> Treo 650 --> Treo 700p --> Treo 755p --> Treo 800w --> Palm Pre
  17. #17  
    Can I get a r2sd version of the 755p rom so I can compare the differences?
    6b 6f 63 6f 6d 61 6e 20 6f 66 20 63 64 6d 61 2d 64 65 76 2d 74 65 61 6d

Posting Permissions