Results 1 to 15 of 15
  1.    #1  
    Ok, after a full day of using this battery, Seidio gets an A+!

    Gave it a full charge(over night), started my day at 6am. I use Chatter, so e-mail is pushed all the time. The day of testing, probably had about 30 e-mail. I also watched some webcams/traffic via Kinoma 4. I also listened to some radio via Pocket Tunes. I also received about 75 texts(in & out). Used my bluetooth headset for 1 of the calls(about 20mins). Then my son played a few games on my Treo. Not once did I have to put it on the charger(like my OEM battery). By 6pm, my battery was at 46%. I also took a few pictures & 1 video, too.

    I first thought this battery & extended door would look & feel weird, but you know what? Not to bad at all. The Blue door(new/extended)match's my blue Treo 755 perfectly, same feel too! Locks in perfect, battery fits perfect, also. I also got the new silicone case for the extended battery/Treo, which fits great, & looks good too.

    By the end of the night I still had plenty of power. This is one great item for the Treo Power User's, & I highly recommend it.

    I read a lot of bashing on Seidio on their battery's & prices, no need to bash them. They make great products & they stand behind them. It may seem pricey, but once you use the battery, you won't regret it. They have done an outstanding job thus far, so the bashing is not fair. If you can spare some money, get it, if you can't right now, just wait for it to lower in price or a sale maybe, but don't hate on them.

    With the positive results from Seidio products, I found myself ordering more & more things for my 755, I got the Inno Dock jr., the 4700x car kit, 4300s car kit(for my other car), their GPS receiver, & both extended battery's.

    When I get my TomTom 6(in the mail now), that's when I will use my 3200 battery to full use.

    So over all, a great extended battery, worth every penny.

    Thanks Seidio for some great products!
    "A man who drinks only water, has something to hide to his fellow man."

    My beer blogs:

    Rev. Rhino on Flickr

    Rev. Rhino on Twitter
  2. #2  
    if you have time, can you please post some pictures? (there are some from the other thread..but his photos are too small)
  3.    #3  
    Sure, I can do it this weekend. I'm out of town again, be back home this weekend.
    "A man who drinks only water, has something to hide to his fellow man."

    My beer blogs:

    Rev. Rhino on Flickr

    Rev. Rhino on Twitter
  4. #4  
    I'm not pleased that Seidio says you need to charge the battery for 8hrs before putting it in the phone, since not everyone has an external charger. My 755p certainly didn't come with one. Luckily, I owned a 650 charger that lets you put a spare battery in an inner compartment for simultaneous charging. I guess the lucky part is that the 3200maH 755P battery fit in that compartment. Anyway, after charging for well over 8hrs, then barely fiddling with it over 24 hours, I gave the battery a bit of a workout, today.

    My girlfriend said her stock 755P battery starting at about 80% let her stream audio for about 1.5 - 2hrs, yesterday, before (nearly?) going into the red. We think that may have been due to low signal strength in the building she was in, at the time, but I thought it was worth mentioning.

    I used PdaNet (Bluetooth) for about two hours or more, and was left with 75% capacity. I may have started with JUST under 100%.

    Later, I streamed NPR programming and fell asleep for about 1.75 hrs. When I woke up, the battery was at 60% capacity.

    That's about four hours of continuous use, resulting in about a 40% drop in battery power. Sounds pretty good, to me.
    * Stuck patches? Partial erase worked for me.
    * Stuck virtual keyboard? Partial erase AND folder deletion worked for me.
  5. #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by west3man View Post
    I'm not pleased that Seidio says you need to charge the battery for 8hrs before putting it in the phone, since not everyone has an external charger...
    We apologize for the confusion, but this was a misprint from the printer. It was actually supposed to say to charge for 8 hours before initial use. Charging in your Treo phone is fine. We're in the process of changing the instructions.

    Thanks,
  6. #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by seidioseidio View Post
    We apologize for the confusion, but this was a misprint from the printer. It was actually supposed to say to charge for 8 hours before initial use. Charging in your Treo phone is fine. We're in the process of changing the instructions.

    Thanks,
    Good to know. Thx.
    * Stuck patches? Partial erase worked for me.
    * Stuck virtual keyboard? Partial erase AND folder deletion worked for me.
  7. jleggett's Avatar
    Posts
    22 Posts
    Global Posts
    29 Global Posts
    #7  
    This is the battery that comes with a new cover cause its slightly larger than the stock 755p right? I called Treo Central and asked if this battery would still work in any cradle and was told no... your comment above would seem to contradict that - will the 3200mAh battery fit in cradles OK?
  8. #8  
    Quote Originally Posted by reverendrhino View Post
    Sure, I can do it this weekend. I'm out of town again, be back home this weekend.
    Yes, please do post some photos.
  9. #9  
    Quote Originally Posted by jleggett View Post
    This is the battery that comes with a new cover cause its slightly larger than the stock 755p right?
    Yes.

    Quote Originally Posted by jleggett View Post
    I called Treo Central and asked if this battery would still work in any cradle and was told no... your comment above would seem to contradict that - will the 3200mAh battery fit in cradles OK?
    I don't know about any cradles except the one for mine. It says "PalmOne" on the bottom, but I don't see a model number.

    I haven't measured its dimensions, but it looks just like this one: http://store.treocentral.com/content.../6-39--109.htm

    I can't dock the Treo in it if the 3200mAh battery is IN the Treo, at the time, but I can certainly put the battery in that extra compartment and charge it. I can also put the stock battery in the 755p and dock the Treo. This way, both batteries can be charged simultaneously.

    Hopefully, the attached, but fuzzy, pic will help. Although contrast and sharpness are weak, hopefully you can see that the BGB* battery is in the dock, although it sticks out a bit, and that the light is ON. That light only comes on when something's charging and nothing else is there to BE charged.

    The compartment can close almost completely. It's enough to still dock a Treo. I use it for my 755p, 650, their stock batteries, and their extended batteries.

    Let me know if you have any other questions. I may be out-of-town, but I'll do my best to help.



    * Baby Got Back (aka 3200 mAh)
    Attached Images Attached Images
    * Stuck patches? Partial erase worked for me.
    * Stuck virtual keyboard? Partial erase AND folder deletion worked for me.
  10. #10  
    how is the thermal with this bigger battery? I'm annoyed at how warm my treo gets now, but would very much like a better battery - is this better/worse/same as the stock battery on that point?
  11. #11  
    Quote Originally Posted by senjiro View Post
    how is the thermal with this bigger battery? I'm annoyed at how warm my treo gets now, but would very much like a better battery - is this better/worse/same as the stock battery on that point?
    Hard to say, but my impression is that it's the same or better. That said, I've not been very annoyed by my Treo's temperature, so maybe my opinion isn't as useful to you.

    The device is never uncomfortably warm to the touch. During the brief time I tried keeping it in my pocket, it'd get warmer, but I'm sure my own body heat had a lot to do with that.
    * Stuck patches? Partial erase worked for me.
    * Stuck virtual keyboard? Partial erase AND folder deletion worked for me.
  12. ajlee7's Avatar
    Posts
    79 Posts
    Global Posts
    102 Global Posts
    #12  
    Will this battery fit on the Helix holster with my 700wx?
  13. #13  
    Quote Originally Posted by ajlee7 View Post
    Will this battery fit on the Helix holster with my 700wx?
    I don't work for Seidio, but I thought the battery was only listed as compatible with the 755p. So, I wouldn't expect it to work with your 700wx. Dunno if it'd even fit in it - or if the 700wx would then fit in your specific holster if you could get the battery in it.

    If I'm misunderstanding you or you actually wondered if your holster would hold the 755p with this extended battery, I'm afraid I don't know the answer to that one. I don't own that particular holster.
    * Stuck patches? Partial erase worked for me.
    * Stuck virtual keyboard? Partial erase AND folder deletion worked for me.
  14. ajlee7's Avatar
    Posts
    79 Posts
    Global Posts
    102 Global Posts
    #14  
    Quote Originally Posted by west3man View Post
    I don't work for Seidio, but I thought the battery was only listed as compatible with the 755p. So, I wouldn't expect it to work with your 700wx. Dunno if it'd even fit in it - or if the 700wx would then fit in your specific holster if you could get the battery in it.

    If I'm misunderstanding you or you actually wondered if your holster would hold the 755p with this extended battery, I'm afraid I don't know the answer to that one. I don't own that particular holster.
    It looks like it is compatible. And yes, I am wondering if it will fit my Helix if I have this battery in my 700wx. THanks.

    http://store.treocentral.com/content...8-37--1664.htm
  15. #15  
    Quote Originally Posted by ajlee7 View Post
    It looks like it is compatible. And yes, I am wondering if it will fit my Helix if I have this battery in my 700wx. THanks.

    http://store.treocentral.com/content...8-37--1664.htm
    Your link confuses me since it is to the 3200mAh battery for the 700 models - not the 3200mAh battery for the 755p, which is what this thread is about.
    * Stuck patches? Partial erase worked for me.
    * Stuck virtual keyboard? Partial erase AND folder deletion worked for me.

Posting Permissions