Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Global Posts
    45 Global Posts
    I have been using SlingBox AV for 3 months on my 755p and I absolutely love it. I watch news/games/scores while I am away from home....I think its worth the money spent.
    How do I keep my treo 700P from shutting off while using sling player?

I have gone to prefs & set to max which is 3 Min.

So far just have to keep moving cursor evey 3 minutes or it auto shuts off.

Love it overall. Have the midddle of the line unit.

Also I seem to have volume control. When I press up/down buttons ...no change for volume. Ditto when using menu optiins for volume.

Help appreciated.
    There is a program called Always on that lets you do just that. http://www.palmgear.com/index.cfm?fu...=1&prodID=1499

I have used it on the 755P and it seemed to work fine.
    Quote Originally Posted by bdhu2001 View Post
    I don't have a Tivo and the only thing I ever record on is my Media Center PC which is what orb links to. Do people with slingbox also experience the re-buffering? I was at work today and logged onto orb during my lunch hour to show some people. They thought it was cool and asked if it was the new iPhone. No-way am I paying $600 for a phone. I'll use this Treo unit it dies.
    I have a double tuner Media Center and have orb, so what do I need to get it on my 755p?
    Originally post by cglaguna:
    I have a double tuner Media Center and have orb, so what do I need to get it on my 755p?
    If you have the updated, paid version of Kinoma, go to this link to set it up.
    Quote Originally Posted by bdhu2001 View Post
    If you have the updated, paid version of Kinoma, go to this link to set it up.
    Thanks for posting that link!

Along with Sling (we did their Palm OS player) and Orb (which works great with Kinoma Player), I've recently discovered WebGuide for Media Center.

As of a couple days ago WebGuide is free -- Microsoft hired the author for its MCE team. Once I get a chance to configure it for use with Kinoma Player, I'll post instructions to the Kinoma Notes blog.

-- Charles Wiltgen
    Kinoma Notes blog | Subscribe to blog (email) | Subscribe to blog (RSS) | Follow Kinoma for news/content alerts | Follow KinomaTips for tips/tricks
    Quote Originally Posted by cglaguna View Post
    You have to configure Orb on your PC to use the tuners. For me, it only took a few minutes.

what's the value of slingbox when orb is free?
    The two are very different, even if they perform similar functions.

Orb needs a computer to be running and that computer needs to have tuners. Orb is a fantastic free program and it may be all you need. I love Orb and I use it all the time for streaming music. Also, Orb will work in many applications, like a PS3, and does not need its own software installed on the retrieving device. It just needs a compatible player.

The slingbox does not need a computer. You hook it up to a DVR and it only needs an ethernet port. However, you need to use a slingbox program on the Treo or computer to see programming. The slingbox makes everything a bit easier. You do not need to log onto the internet, find the program, and then have it launch a separate program (Kinoma) to view it, like Orb. You just turn it on and hit play. I love the ease of use, but I will need to spend another $29 for the Treo software after my thirty day trial is over. That seems a little steep since I paid $99 for the slingbox, but I am going to pay because I like it so much.
    Quote Originally Posted by SRTpusher View Post
    to do slingbox in your car (not treo specific)

get laptop - most already have this.
    get EV-DO card for said laptop
    get VGA/analog monitor(s)
    If I had a laptop for this, why would I hook up a monitor if the laptop has one?

Gary
    Sprint Treo 755p (previously Sprint Treo 700p, Sprint i500, Sprint i330 [yuk], Sprint i300, Sprint StarTac, Verizon StarTac)
    Mac 12" 1.5 GHz PowerBook (Constantly tethered to my Treo)
    Gary Said... (my blog) or The Daily Meme
    Does the treo player use voice airtime or data. I assume it is data like internet. Does it work on the treo 650?

Thanks
    Jeff
    Quote Originally Posted by jeff.m View Post
    Does the treo player use voice airtime or data. I assume it is data like internet. Does it work on the treo 650?

Thanks
    Jeff
    It uses data but w/out EVDO, it's not worth it on a 650.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12