Page 1 of 8 123456 ... LastLast
    WOW - another $50.00 Palm program. But it looks like there's a lot to play with there, I'll check it out. Jeff's programming in other areas has been pretty good, maybe this is something I'll find extremely useful to justify such an expense.

However, I wonder if it works on WindoWs XP?

Supported Formats Requirements
    .mp3, .Wav, .OGG -Windoes XP, Vista
    -Minimum of 1.5mb space available
    Treo 755s in good condition available on ebay for $50-$75. No need to pay for insurance or buy a Pre.
  2.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by Joad View Post
    WOW - another $50.00 Palm program. But it looks like there's a lot to play with there, I'll check it out. Jeff's programming in other areas has been pretty good, maybe this is something I'll find extremely useful to justify such an expense.

However, I wonder if it works on WindoWs XP?

Supported Formats Requirements
    .mp3, .Wav, .OGG -Windoes XP, Vista
    -Minimum of 1.5mb space available
    There are 2 available components to RingCare.

1) A Treo application that manages ringtones
    2) A PC application that allows you to create ringtones from wav, mp3, ogg files

Each product can be purchased separately or I have created a bundled package that is discounted.

I really tried to create something stable, unique, functional and easy to use with the RingCare product. I hope you and everyone that uses it enjoys the application. The desktop component just adds to the value of the solution. It allows you to create ringtones from the large collection of mp3's you already have.

I welcome all feedback as that is how applications continue to grow and meet the needs of the Treo community!

Jeff
    Free Minitones!!??!!

Anybody??!!

Free!!!
    Minitones is free...
    Jeff, it is a slick interface you are giving us on the desktop. Looks good as usual. Ben
  6.    #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by StoneOfLove View Post
    Free Minitones!!??!!

Anybody??!!

Free!!!
    miniTones only allows you to load an mp3 into the main memory of your Treo. It will not allow you to do the things that RingCare will do:

- unlimited number of mp3 support from the SD Card
    - automatic discovery of tone files
    - easy administration of contacts, groups and tones
    - unlimited number of contacts supported
    - common Goodlink contacts are available to RingCare
    - message tone support for all contacts
    - ringtone assignment to company names and category names
    - TASK reminder creation for missed and ignored calls
    - an option is provided to copy mp3 files to the main memory of the Treo
    - option to control the volume of the alert tone for each contact
    - and much more....

Jeff
  7.    #8  
    Quote Originally Posted by bclinger View Post
    Jeff, it is a slick interface you are giving us on the desktop. Looks good as usual. Ben
    Thanks Ben!

Jeff
    do you have to have the desktop and mobile for it to work or can I just do it on my phone like minitones
    I'm StayFly, its not just a name its a lifestyle, so get some style in your life
    Now give me a reg code and I'll be set.
    =P
    Follow Me On

Global Posts
    55 Global Posts
    looks real nice... cant wait to try it
  11.    #12  
    Quote Originally Posted by stayfly View Post
    do you have to have the desktop and mobile for it to work or can I just do it on my phone like minitones
    RingCare does not "edit" the songs. It lets you assign tones (SD Card and midi's) to contacts and groups. RingCare Desktop allows you to edit your music files to create shorter ringtone files.

Jeff
  12.    #13  
    Quote Originally Posted by Syphon View Post
    Now give me a reg code and I'll be set.
    =P
    all you need to do is purchase the program and you will get a license key.

Jeff
  13.    #14  
    Quote Originally Posted by dadoc04 View Post
    looks real nice... cant wait to try it
    Can't wait to get feedback!

Jeff
    I'm not into the ringtone-thing so I'll pass on this but it does look very slick. Nice to see two of the better PalmOS developers (GoTreo and Gx5) collaborating to bring such a substantial product to market.
    I noticed a small issue with this program. I assign a ringtone to be used from the memory card. when I get a call, it starts to ring. but once I mute the ringer or choose and option (accept, ignore, ignore w/ text), the mp3 stutters for about two seconds.

I use a 680 unlocked.

But the program is pretty good. the ring response is a lot faster than Ringo when using files stored externally. This is the reason why I stopped using Ringo, because the phone will vibrate and then 10 seconds later the file will play.
    Follow Me On

so if I just buy the desktop I can make my own ringtones and hotsync them and they will be in my sounds app on the treo?
    I'm StayFly, its not just a name its a lifestyle, so get some style in your life
    nice looking app, but its a lil too rich for my blood...
    HTC Touch Pro
    Maybe I'm missing something, but is there any way to get it to recognize .mp3's that aren't on the miniSD card (which I don't have yet)?
    sounds like minitones is a better product unless you like installing new applications on your windows desktop.
Page 1 of 8 123456 ... LastLast