Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2345678 LastLast
    and now 2.07 makes my treo reboot everytime i receive a text message
    Last edited by RawisTheGameHhH; 07/09/2007 at 10:11 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by edubz View Post
    that would be cool if you could turn that feature on and off like you can with the vibrate and stuff, but couldn't someone just put that they don't answer blocked calls in their outgoing message on the voicemail?

i agree i would love for it to tell caller that they are calling from a blocked number and to call back but unblock their number .
    i had a phone from sprint the 8200 that did that it was the best
    jeff that would be the greatest thing since sliced bread
    I got my palm pre on day 1 Treo 755p with sprint
    Bug me , zlauncher , Treo memo, Volume care pro, Backupman , Takephone,Agendus, 2day, Holidates, lex spell, Bdictionary, Mundu, Adrian Money ,Genius, Callblock,minitones,Pocket Tunes Deluxe, doc2go,Timesheet, bible reader,Checkers sea War,Hot reverse ,sudoku and Black jack (All games are on my sd card) , Yaps and crytex, safeguard
    Nvback up on 2nd 1gig sd card
    Hello, Jeff. Thanks for your work on VolumeCare and RingCare. I'm having a pretty serious problem with RingCare. Verizon just released the 1.10 MR for the Treo 700p. Ever since I installed the MR, RingCare sets my Phone Prefs to "no sound" for known and unknown callers. If I set the defaults using Prefs, it stays, but as soon as I launch RingCare, the system prefs go back to "no sound" and my phone never makes a sound when anyone calls me.

I know Palm reworked the Phone app as part of the MR, as the program now shows a copyright date of 2007. Is it possible they changed some of the program hook locations so programs like RingCare are having problems?

This evening my phone went into an endless reset loop for apparently no reason. When I finally got it to stop, the crash message said the phone crashed while running RingCare at a time I did not have RingCare running, at least not in the foreground. The error said (and I'm paraphrasing, because I ended up doing a reset and restoring everything except RingCare and the phone seems stable now) "invalid unique ID passed."

I'm thinking the "new" phone app may be causing problems, as my SnapperMail no longer shows the number of unread messages on the phone screen, either. I'm emailing them right after I send this message.

Thanks again.
    Quote Originally Posted by Chuck Lawhorn View Post
    Hello, Jeff. Thanks for your work on VolumeCare and RingCare. I'm having a pretty serious problem with RingCare. Verizon just released the 1.10 MR for the Treo 700p. Ever since I installed the MR, RingCare sets my Phone Prefs to "no sound" for known and unknown callers. If I set the defaults using Prefs, it stays, but as soon as I launch RingCare, the system prefs go back to "no sound" and my phone never makes a sound when anyone calls me.

I know Palm reworked the Phone app as part of the MR, as the program now shows a copyright date of 2007. Is it possible they changed some of the program hook locations so programs like RingCare are having problems?

This evening my phone went into an endless reset loop for apparently no reason. When I finally got it to stop, the crash message said the phone crashed while running RingCare at a time I did not have RingCare running, at least not in the foreground. The error said (and I'm paraphrasing, because I ended up doing a reset and restoring everything except RingCare and the phone seems stable now) "invalid unique ID passed."

I'm thinking the "new" phone app may be causing problems, as my SnapperMail no longer shows the number of unread messages on the phone screen, either. I'm emailing them right after I send this message.

Thanks again.
    my problem is almost the same . when i set a group tone it will take but as soon as i close out of it and i go back to it the tone is no longer there im on a 755p with sprint
    Last edited by comedytreogirl; 07/18/2007 at 07:08 AM.
    Bug me , zlauncher , Treo memo, Volume care pro, Backupman , Takephone,Agendus, 2day, Holidates, lex spell, Bdictionary, Mundu, Adrian Money ,Genius, Callblock,minitones,Pocket Tunes Deluxe, doc2go,Timesheet, bible reader,Checkers sea War,Hot reverse ,sudoku and Black jack (All games are on my sd card) , Yaps and crytex, safeguard
    i also notice that my system volume goes away from time to time, but when I check what it is in my prefs it says 2
    I posted this in another thread, but I'll put it here, as well. RingCare 2.14 does not fix the problem of creating the phone list every time I enter the application. I have a Verizon 700p with MR 1.10 on it.
    Global Posts
    301 Global Posts
    I just downloaded the trial version. I have 2.14 version (checked via File Manager Info on Zlauncher). I also deleted Minitones - just making sure there's no conflict.

I tested with a coupld of in-coming calls and there was a crackling sound before the callers voice came in clearly. Sounded like the song couldn't get started. Also, some of my contacts list already has ringtones assigned and if I forget that I already assigned a song and assign a song via Ringcare, both sounds are playing. Isn't there a way for Ringcare to see another ringtone and the ability to edit it?

I see that everytime I am on Ringcare, the app always build company and phone number list. Kind of tiring. And if I change the contacts list the "Address Book has been updated" pop-up message comes up. How important is this - should I always press "yes".
    Handspring Visor 2mb; Visor Prism; Palm i705; Tungsten2; VZW Treo650; TMO Crimson Treo680; iPhone 3g on TMO edge
    I posted this in another thread, but I'll put it here, as well. RingCare 2.14 does not fix the problem of creating the phone list every time I enter the application. I have a Verizon 700p with MR 1.10 on it.
    same with my Treo 755p
  9.    #129  
    Version 2.15 was just posted that hopefully fixes this problem once and for all!

Jeff
  10.    #130  
    Quote Originally Posted by simba View Post
    I just downloaded the trial version. I have 2.14 version (checked via File Manager Info on Zlauncher). I also deleted Minitones - just making sure there's no conflict.

I tested with a coupld of in-coming calls and there was a crackling sound before the callers voice came in clearly. Sounded like the song couldn't get started. Also, some of my contacts list already has ringtones assigned and if I forget that I already assigned a song and assign a song via Ringcare, both sounds are playing. Isn't there a way for Ringcare to see another ringtone and the ability to edit it?

I see that everytime I am on Ringcare, the app always build company and phone number list. Kind of tiring. And if I change the contacts list the "Address Book has been updated" pop-up message comes up. How important is this - should I always press "yes".
    Version 2.15 was jsut posted that fixes the rebuilding problem. RingCare should detect and ask you if you want RingCare to transfer the ringtone syou have assigned to contacts to its own database. Did it not do this for you? What model Treo are you using?

Jeff
    Global Posts
    301 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jeffgibson View Post
    Version 2.15 was jsut posted that fixes the rebuilding problem. RingCare should detect and ask you if you want RingCare to transfer the ringtone syou have assigned to contacts to its own database. Did it not do this for you? What model Treo are you using?

Jeff
    Hi Jeff,
    RingCare didn't detect-and-ask of transferring my current ringtones assigned in contacts when I first set this up. I'm using the 680 unlocked.

Regarding the crackling-type of sound before I hear the caller, is there a solution? I tried 2 different calls with different ringtones - it's annoying, to say the least.

The app is easy to use. I do like that the files are stored in the SD card -- it freed up more memory! That I like. If the new version takes care of the transfers, the building each and every time, and the sound problem - I'll probably buy it. I'll try the desktop version later and see if I'll custom my ringtones. I never have, but if the app is as easy as for the Palm, maybe...

Thanks.
    Handspring Visor 2mb; Visor Prism; Palm i705; Tungsten2; VZW Treo650; TMO Crimson Treo680; iPhone 3g on TMO edge
    755p; it did not rebuild on entry; good job Jeff
    Global Posts
    301 Global Posts
    I'll download later this evening and let you know how it works on for me.
    mine is still rebuilding everytime i open ring care
  15.    #135  
    Hi Jeff,
    RingCare didn't detect-and-ask of transferring my current ringtones assigned in contacts when I first set this up. I'm using the 680 unlocked.

Regarding the crackling-type of sound before I hear the caller, is there a solution? I tried 2 different calls with different ringtones - it's annoying, to say the least.

The app is easy to use. I do like that the files are stored in the SD card -- it freed up more memory! That I like. If the new version takes care of the transfers, the building each and every time, and the sound problem - I'll probably buy it. I'll try the desktop version later and see if I'll custom my ringtones. I never have, but if the app is as easy as for the Palm, maybe...

Thanks.
    What version of RingCare are you using? The current release scans the contacts database and if it finds ringtones assigned to individual contact entries, it will ask if you want to move these ringtone definitions to the RingCare database. I will test locally again to make sure this feature works as expected.

As for the ringing problem, did you install the new version of the RingCare helper application for the Treo 680? Here is a link to that program: http://GoTreoSoftware.com/RingCare680Download.html

The problem you are reporting has to do with the new implementation of the phone application on the Treo 680. The above utility should stop the behavior you are seeing.

Jeff
  16.    #136  
    Quote Originally Posted by comedytreogirl View Post
    mine is still rebuilding everytime i open ring care
    Are you sure you are running version 2.15? It is normal for RingCare to create the CONTACTS view when you open RingCare. It is also normal for RingCare to rebuild the PHONE NUMBER list if changes have been made to the contacts database. Can you let me know what list is being rebuilt when you go into RingCare?

Jeff
  17.    #137  
    Quote Originally Posted by RawisTheGameHhH View Post
    755p; it did not rebuild on entry; good job Jeff
    Awesome! The problem is really a Palm bug - I think. Somehow when I installed RingCare on my device, the creation date of RingCare got set in the FUTURE! So when RingCare checks the date of files, it kept thinking the files were out of date and it needed to rebuild the database. The dates on the files is nothing to do with RingCare so somehow the Palm operating system has set dates of files to an unexpected value.

Jeff
    Global Posts
    301 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jeffgibson View Post
    What version of RingCare are you using? The current release scans the contacts database and if it finds ringtones assigned to individual contact entries, it will ask if you want to move these ringtone definitions to the RingCare database. I will test locally again to make sure this feature works as expected.

As for the ringing problem, did you install the new version of the RingCare helper application for the Treo 680? Here is a link to that program: http://GoTreoSoftware.com/RingCare680Download.html

The problem you are reporting has to do with the new implementation of the phone application on the Treo 680. The above utility should stop the behavior you are seeing.

Jeff

Hi Jeff,
    I currently have 2.14 (will update when I get home). How can I check if the helper application go installed? I downloaded it yesterday -- maybe it didn't install correctly or completely.

Thanks.
  19.    #139  
    Hi Jeff,
    I currently have 2.14 (will update when I get home). How can I check if the helper application go installed? I downloaded it yesterday -- maybe it didn't install correctly or completely.

Thanks.
    The helper application is called "RingCareNumber.prc". I would suggest you disable RingCare and type the URL: http://GoTreoSoftware.com/RingCare680Download.html into your Treo's browser. Make sure you put the file on the DEVICE rather then the card. Then once the download is complete, re-enable RingCare.

Jeff
  20.    #140  
    Also, some of my contacts list already has ringtones assigned and if I forget that I already assigned a song and assign a song via Ringcare, both sounds are playing. Isn't there a way for Ringcare to see another ringtone and the ability to edit it?
    I just poseted version 2.16 that now will detect any ringtones that you had assigned to contacts in the contacts database and will ask if these ringtones should be moved to RingCare. If you answer yes, RingCare will remove the ringtones from the contacts in the contacts database and assign those ringtones to the contacts in the RingCare database.

Jeff
Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2345678 LastLast