Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
  1.    #101  
    Quote Originally Posted by vintagecutprep View Post
    Ok I went and got the card reader(SD mobile mate usb 2.0) Can someone please give me detailed usage. I have the ringcare desktop that I paid for and I have the trial on my phone... I dont know what to do the trial is working fine but its a trial... I already paid for the activation key for thje ring care desktop through http://www.gotreosoftware.com/products/RingCare/ . I know how to make the ringers. Its just that I cant use my ring care mobile to keep syncing it for more than the 15 days it allowed me to. It just doesnt give much detail on how to incorporate the two. Can someone please help....
    Here is what to do:

1) Create the ringtone with RingCare Desktop
    2) Put the SD Card into the SD Card reader
    3) Use the PC explorer to move the new ringtone to the SD Card. Put the mp3 anywhere of the SD Card you want.
    4) Take the SD Card form the reader and put it into your Treo
    5) Go into RingCare Mobile on your Treo
    6) Tap on the RingCare button in the main page of the RingCare screen
    7) Tap on the RingTone button
    8) Tap on the SCAN button and RingCare Mobile will find the new ringtone you put on the SD Card.
    9) The ringtone is now ready to use in RingCare Mobile!!!!!

Jeff
  2.    #102  
    Can I use the same activation code for both the mobile and desktop ringcare....I tried but its not allowing me.
    No they are differnet codes. The code for RingTone Mobile is a 5 digit number. You can get a new key for RingCare MObile by tapping on the NEW KEY button in the RingCare Mobile License Key Management screen.

Jeff
    i cant figure out how to change the volume levels, please help, i am not using use per contact ring volume, it keeps defaulting to way too loud
    Last edited by RawisTheGameHhH; 06/30/2007 at 12:24 PM.
  4.    #104  
    Quote Originally Posted by RawisTheGameHhH View Post
    i cant figure out how to change the volume levels, please help, i am not using use per contact ring volume, it keeps defaulting to way too loud
    If you are not using per contact volume levels, RingCare uses the default volume specified in the PREFS application.

Jeff
    Quote Originally Posted by jeffgibson View Post
    If you are not using per contact volume levels, RingCare uses the default volume specified in the PREFS application.

Jeff
    but it keeps reseting to like 5 and i set it to 2???
  6.    #106  
    but it keeps reseting to like 5 and i set it to 2???
    You are right! This was a bug in the software. I have fixed it and will post an update later today after I completely test the solution.

Thank you very much for posting the issue!

Jeff
    no prob, let me know when it has been posted
    No they are differnet codes. The code for RingTone Mobile is a 5 digit number. You can get a new key for RingCare MObile by tapping on the NEW KEY button in the RingCare Mobile License Key Management screen.

Jeff

Wont I have to pay for the new key? I already purchased the ringcare desktop .Do you happen to have a key I can use?
  9.    #109  
    no prob, let me know when it has been posted
    Version 2.05 is now posted and available.

Jeff
  10.    #110  
    Wont I have to pay for the new key? I already purchased the ringcare desktop .Do you happen to have a key I can use?
    Yes, you will need to purchase a key for RingCare Mobile if you want to continue to use the software beyond the 15 day trial period.

Jeff
    Yes, you will need to purchase a key for RingCare Mobile if you want to continue to use the software beyond the 15 day trial period.

Jeff
    is there anyway I can get a discount?
  12.    #112  
    is there anyway I can get a discount?
    Why should you get a discount?
    Version 2.05 is now posted and available.

Jeff
    awesome, it seems to work now; i will let you know; also, will this support wav files in the future?
    Why should you get a discount?
    because I already bought the ringcare desktop... now I have to come out of pocket again
  15.    #115  
    awesome, it seems to work now; i will let you know; also, will this support wav files in the future?
    Wav's are a real challenge with the Palm. But having said that, RingCare Desktop will convert WAV's and OGG's to MP3's!!!

My primary goal for RingCare is absolute stability! So I focused on mp3 file types and tried to make this rock solid. Palm does not provide good support for WAV files that are played outside of the normal tones database. You can do it but the reliability and stability suffer. So I suggest the conversion of WAV files to MP3's. The best conversion factors are: bit stream of 128k and a sampling rate of 16000 or 22050.

Jeff
  16.    #116  
    because I already bought the ringcare desktop... now I have to come out of pocket again
    Ah! Now I understand. There is a discount available if you purchase both at the same time. If you email me at support AT GoTreoSoftware.com, I will work with you on a discount for RingCare Mobile.

Jeff
    Yep, I also like WAVs as they are so easy to create on the device; however, MP3s are working out for me so it is not that bit of a deal.
    hey jeff, when i receive a voicemail; the sound that i selected doesnt play; any help please?
  19.    #119  
    hey jeff, when i receive a voicemail; the sound that i selected doesnt play; any help please?
    I have a few questions:

1) What version of RingCare are you using? The version number is found int he LICENSE KEY MANAGEMENT screen within RingCare
    2) What model Treo are you using?
    3) Are you using an mp3 or a MIDI tone for your voicemail alert?
    4) Does the tone you have assigned to voicemail play in the Ringtone screen?

Jeff
    1. i just loaded 2.07
    2. 755p
    3. its the default voicemail noise
    4. yes it plays when i check it
Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast