Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
    When CallFilter was around Rob had mentioned once that it was carrier based.

*67 on my device displays "No Caller ID."

Sprint - 700p MRd.

Ben
    Global Posts
    88 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jeffgibson View Post
    So you want a special "Unknown" entry?

This can be tricky but it can be done if I could get some help from people with different Treo models and carriers. I need to know exactly what the text strings are displayed on the Treo when a call is coming in for:

No Caller ID
    Blocked Caller
    Etc.....

I am thinking it may be different based on the model of Treo and the carrier.

Jeff

thanks! I have a Sprint 700p mr installed and i get both "No Caller ID" and "Blocked Caller ID", *67 from my house got me "Blocked Caller ID".
    Last edited by edubz; 06/28/2007 at 09:40 PM.
  3.    #83  
    Quote Originally Posted by edubz View Post
    thanks! I have a Sprint 700p mr installed and i get both "No Caller ID" and "Blocked Caller ID", *67 from my house got me "Blocked Caller ID".
    Cool. Lets try to simplify this a little. Do you really want 2 differnet Unknown Entries? One for Unknown callers where an incoming phone number is displayed and another tone for incoming calls that do not display a caller ID phone number?

What is the value of this option for you? Does anyone else have an opinion about this feature request?

Assuming this feature is implemented, how should this option be presented in the user interface? If I add another "special" contact to the list, that will mean that 4 of the 8 lines for contacts are taken up by these special entries on the first screen. Is that OK or are there suggestions on a different approach?

Jeff
    Global Posts
    88 Global Posts
    Cool. Lets try to simplify this a little. Do you really want 2 differnet Unknown Entries? One for Unknown callers where an incoming phone number is displayed and another tone for incoming calls that do not display a caller ID phone number?

What is the value of this option for you? Does anyone else have an opinion about this feature request?

Assuming this feature is implemented, how should this option be presented in the user interface? If I add another "special" contact to the list, that will mean that 4 of the 8 lines for contacts are taken up by these special entries on the first screen. Is that OK or are there suggestions on a different approach?

Jeff
    I would defiantly want one for blocked/caller id-less numbers. personally i don't care if theres another special contact on the list, but if it is too much maybe you can put it in the sub-menu when you open the unknown caller on the contact list. like have a 3rd ringtone option in that menu.

non contact/unknown contact ringtone

blocked/no caller id ringtone

non contact/unknown contact text ringtone

something to that effect seems cool, not sure about which term is proper with either the non contact number or unknown phone number. I just always liked on the older cell phones i had that i could choose ringers for blocked calls.
    Last edited by edubz; 06/28/2007 at 11:39 PM.
  5.    #85  
    I would defiantly want one for blocked/caller id-less numbers. personally i don't care if theres another special contact on the list, but if it is too much maybe you can put it in the sub-menu when you open the unknown caller on the contact list. like have a 3rd ringtone option in that menu.

non contact/unknown contact ringtone

blocked/no caller id ringtone

non contact/unknown contact text ringtone

something to that effect seems cool, not sure about which term is proper with either the non contact number or unknown phone number. I just always liked on the older cell phones i had that i could choose ringers for blocked calls.
    Nice idea. I will think about this one for a few days to see what the best way to implement it.

EDIT: Another user asked for a similar thing but wanted to have RingCare read a message to the callers that had blocked numbers telling them to call back with their number unblocked and they would answer. I have to think about what to do for each of these requests.

Jeff
    Last edited by jeffgibson; 06/29/2007 at 12:14 AM. Reason: More Information
    Global Posts
    88 Global Posts
    Nice idea. I will think about this one for a few days to see what the best way to implement it.

EDIT: Another user asked for a similar thing but wanted to have RingCare read a message to the callers that had blocked numbers telling them to call back with their number unblocked and they would answer. I have to think about what to do for each of these requests.

Jeff

that would be cool if you could turn that feature on and off like you can with the vibrate and stuff, but couldn't someone just put that they don't answer blocked calls in their outgoing message on the voicemail?
    I like "blocked caller ID" and "unknown caller."

Ben
    thanx dude
  9.    #89  
    couldn't someone just put that they don't answer blocked calls in their outgoing message on the voicemail?
    That's the best solution! Trying to have the software answer the phone and play a response and then hangup would eb problematic. Then you ahve the case of what to do if you are currently on the phone and you get one of these calls.

Jeff
    This still seems pricey for a piece of software that basically adds some functionality to that which is already built in the Treo:

Built in functionality:
    1) "RingCare Mobile allows you to use mp3's and midi tones for incoming phone calls, text messages and voicemail."
    2) "It also enables you to to assign unique tones to each contact, phone number, company name"

New functionality:
    - Support for contact GROUPS
    - Automatic discovery of MP3 files
    - Creates TASKS for missed and ignored calls
    - Captures some Goodlink contacts
    - Integrates with VolumeCare
    - Detects and automatically handles missing SD Cards
    - Converts MP3 files into the Treo‘s internal Ringtone format

But I do like and use other GoTreo Software.
  11.    #91  
    Quote Originally Posted by Convert View Post
    This still seems pricey for a piece of software that basically adds some functionality to that which is already built in the Treo:

Built in functionality:
    1) "RingCare Mobile allows you to use mp3's and midi tones for incoming phone calls, text messages and voicemail."
    2) "It also enables you to to assign unique tones to each contact, phone number, company name"

New functionality:
    - Support for contact GROUPS
    - Automatic discovery of MP3 files
    - Creates TASKS for missed and ignored calls
    - Captures some Goodlink contacts
    - Integrates with VolumeCare
    - Detects and automatically handles missing SD Cards
    - Converts MP3 files into the Treo‘s internal Ringtone format

But I do like and use other GoTreo Software.
    I respect your opinion and appreciate your current business. I agree that the Treo 700, 755 and 680 allow you to use mp3's for ringtones in a very limited way and it is very difficult to make this happen. But there is no builtin function to allow you to assign ringtones of any kind to company names or text messages for any contact. For Treo 650 users the options are even more limited!

Personally, I think RingCare adds a great deal of value to those that want to personalize their Treo's alerts and have better notification for ignored and missed calls. Additionally, there is NO solution available for users of the Good email application to use custom tones!! RingCare is the first application to provide this support.

Jeff
    I have had that on my voice mail for 3 years. Ben
    Jeff, I do not see a way to reassign a tone field to a null value. Ben
  14.    #94  
    Quote Originally Posted by bclinger View Post
    Jeff, I do not see a way to reassign a tone field to a null value. Ben
    You use the EDIT button and then use the REMOVE option in the Ringtone screen. This will remove the Ringtone from the contact number.

Jeff
    I have 700p and I am trying to put the ringers on my phone I'm using ringcare desktop... I have a sync cable, a 2gb sd card, palm quick install, palm desktop and I don't know what to do I paid for the ringcare desktop...but I don't know how to use it. Should I buy card reader? if anyone knows some instructions let me know... I WILL be very appreciative.
    Global Posts
    105 Global Posts
    Jeff,

Long time VC & PC user here, and always amazed at your dedication to customers and their requests. With that in mind I have a request for you for RC:

Would it be possible to add a feature for 'pattern matching' phone numbers?

For example my whole office shares the same area code and prefix, and we have a block of 10000 (yup, count 'em) numbers available for the last four. In other words I want to be able to have a single ringtone for all of the 10000 possibles from my office, so we're talking about matching to 212-555-*. This way I at least know it's a call from the office even if the specific person is not in my contacts. As long as we're pattern matching I'm sure there'd be someone who wants to match 212-555-3* or 212-555-33*, so some flexibility in where it matches would be great, too.

Now of course I'd still want to be able to over-ride this for specific 'important' people in the office and still give them their own unique ring via their contact info stored in my Treo. I don't have all 10000 numbers in as contacts, but I do have a bunch of people for whom I'd like to use a different tone than the other 9,953...

Also, pattern matching for email SMS's would also be cool, i.e. *@gotreosoftware.com or jeff@*.com.

It's a feature that was in CallFilter a long time ago and I've been desperately missing it ever since that app went away.

Any chance you could do that? Do I ask too much?

Thanks for your time!

Rotello
  17.    #97  
    The best way is to use a card reader on your PC. You can use HotSync but I personally don't like that way of transfer.

Here is a like to a card reader I recommend: http://shop.gotreosoftware.com/produ...es.asp?id=4448

No matter where you put the mp3 on the SD Card, RingCare will find it!

Jeff
  18.    #98  
    Quote Originally Posted by rotello View Post
    Jeff,

Long time VC & PC user here, and always amazed at your dedication to customers and their requests. With that in mind I have a request for you for RC:

Would it be possible to add a feature for 'pattern matching' phone numbers?

For example my whole office shares the same area code and prefix, and we have a block of 10000 (yup, count 'em) numbers available for the last four. In other words I want to be able to have a single ringtone for all of the 10000 possibles from my office, so we're talking about matching to 212-555-*. This way I at least know it's a call from the office even if the specific person is not in my contacts. As long as we're pattern matching I'm sure there'd be someone who wants to match 212-555-3* or 212-555-33*, so some flexibility in where it matches would be great, too.

Now of course I'd still want to be able to over-ride this for specific 'important' people in the office and still give them their own unique ring via their contact info stored in my Treo. I don't have all 10000 numbers in as contacts, but I do have a bunch of people for whom I'd like to use a different tone than the other 9,953...

Also, pattern matching for email SMS's would also be cool, i.e. *@gotreosoftware.com or jeff@*.com.

It's a feature that was in CallFilter a long time ago and I've been desperately missing it ever since that app went away.

Any chance you could do that? Do I ask too much?

Thanks for your time!

Rotello
    Well this is kind of in RingCare today. RingCare can assign a ringtone to anyone in your company. All you do is laod your company phone book into your contacts database and then fill in the company name for each contact. Then assign a ringtone to that company name. Then you can assign ringtones to specific people in your company and this assignment will override the group ringtone for the company.

Jeff
    Ok I went and got the card reader(SD mobile mate usb 2.0) Can someone please give me detailed usage. I have the ringcare desktop that I paid for and I have the trial on my phone... I dont know what to do the trial is working fine but its a trial... I already paid for the activation key for thje ring care desktop through http://www.gotreosoftware.com/products/RingCare/ . I know how to make the ringers. Its just that I cant use my ring care mobile to keep syncing it for more than the 15 days it allowed me to. It just doesnt give much detail on how to incorporate the two. Can someone please help....
    Can I use the same activation code for both the mobile and desktop ringcare....I tried but its not allowing me.
Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast