Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
Results 41 to 60 of 160
  1. #41  
    Jeff,

    I agree there are a bunch of other features and the GUI looks great. But if I want to crop my mp3's on the Treo and not install another desktop app my only choice is Minitones, right?
  2.    #42  
    Quote Originally Posted by Homie View Post
    Jeff,

    I agree there are a bunch of other features and the GUI looks great. But if I want to crop my mp3's on the Treo and not install another desktop app my only choice is Minitones, right?
    I thnk so but remember, I think miniTones only allows you to store the cut mp3's in the main memory of your Treo!

    Jeff
  3. #43  
    That's true.

    It looks like a great product that many will use. My "cut" ringtones are pretty small and I like doing the work on the Treo.

    Thanks and good luck with it!
  4.    #44  
    Quote Originally Posted by Homie View Post
    That's true.

    It looks like a great product that many will use. My "cut" ringtones are pretty small and I like doing the work on the Treo.

    Thanks and good luck with it!
    Thank you for your posts!

    Jeff
  5. #45  
    Quote Originally Posted by jeffgibson View Post
    Can't wait to get feedback!

    Jeff
    Great app but i have a problem and 2 suggestions .

    problem: after i installed ringcare when i goto edit contacts my 755 resets. i uninstalled the app and my edit contacts works witout a reset.

    suggestions :
    1. can u make ringcare care work with sound manager in phone. meaning the defaut ringers i had for known callers and unknown callers should stay the same in ringcare. also have it work if i already have ringers for contacts already. i have only 50 contacts and about half have own ringers. its a pain to set those ringers again inside ringcare. all contacts and groups should stay the same even with ringcare .

    2. lightwav keeps private numbers locked inside the app if records are set to private. can u also have ringcare do the same with private numbers




    Geoff
    <a href="http://www.xboxlc.com/profile/geezy_da_great">
    <img src="http://www.xboxlc.com/cards/sig/sc/geezy%20da%20great.jpg" border=0>
    </a>
  6. #46  
    Jeff,

    If I miss a call can I have RingCare automatically bug me every few minutes with a special ring?

    Dawn
  7.    #47  
    Quote Originally Posted by geezy View Post
    Great app but i have a problem and 2 suggestions .

    problem: after i installed ringcare when i goto edit contacts my 755 resets. i uninstalled the app and my edit contacts works witout a reset.
    do you mean the Treo resets if you use the Palm contacts application to edit the contacts in the Palm contacts database? What is the error code after the Treo reboots (dial the number ##377 in the phone application and then hit send). Do you get the reset before you edit the contact or when you leave the contacts application after you have made a change?

    suggestions :
    1. can u make ringcare care work with sound manager in phone. meaning the defaut ringers i had for known callers and unknown callers should stay the same in ringcare. also have it work if i already have ringers for contacts already. i have only 50 contacts and about half have own ringers. its a pain to set those ringers again inside ringcare. all contacts and groups should stay the same even with ringcare .
    RingCare already transfers the known and unknown caller tones that are stored in the PREFS application to its own known and unknown contact entries. I will be releasing a small utility that will transfer your existing ringtone assignments from the contacts entries to the corresponding RingCare entries. Just have not had time to get it written. Look for this within a week.

    2. lightwav keeps private numbers locked inside the app if records are set to private. can u also have ringcare do the same with private numbers
    I am not sure I understand what you are saying. In what way do you want the private numbers hidden?

    Jeff
  8.    #48  
    Quote Originally Posted by D-Luks View Post
    Jeff,

    If I miss a call can I have RingCare automatically bug me every few minutes with a special ring?

    Dawn
    That is what the TASK features are in RingCare. When you either miss a call or you ignore a call, RingCare will create a new TASK in the Palm TASK application and set a 10 minute reminder. There are selections in the OPTIONS screen to enable or disable these features.

    Jeff
  9. #49  
    Quote Originally Posted by jeffgibson View Post
    do you mean the Treo resets if you use the Palm contacts application to edit the contacts in the Palm contacts database? What is the error code after the Treo reboots (dial the number ##377 in the phone application and then hit send). Do you get the reset before you edit the contact or when you leave the contacts application after you have made a change?

    RingCare already transfers the known and unknown caller tones that are stored in the PREFS application to its own known and unknown contact entries. I will be releasing a small utility that will transfer your existing ringtone assignments from the contacts entries to the corresponding RingCare entries. Just have not had time to get it written. Look for this within a week.

    I am not sure I understand what you are saying. In what way do you want the private numbers hidden?

    Jeff
    erroe code
    DataMgr.c, Line:7642, Invalid uniqueID passed. this displayed a ##377

    and yes keep private numbers hidden
    <a href="http://www.xboxlc.com/profile/geezy_da_great">
    <img src="http://www.xboxlc.com/cards/sig/sc/geezy%20da%20great.jpg" border=0>
    </a>
  10. #50  
    Quote Originally Posted by jeffgibson View Post
    At 29.95 is priced with the other leading ringtone management solutions.

    Jeff
    oh ok, I was going by the previous posters comment of $50... $30 is definitely more in the ballpark
    HTC Touch Pro
  11.    #51  
    Quote Originally Posted by geezy View Post
    erroe code
    DataMgr.c, Line:7642, Invalid uniqueID passed. this displayed a ##377

    and yes keep private numbers hidden
    Thanks for the error code. Now a couple more questions if you don't mind:

    1) When did the Treo crash? Before or after entering the Palm Contacts application?
    2) I still do not know what you mean by keep private numbers hidden. By this do you mean, you don't want to see them in the contact list within RingCare? So when a person calls that has a number marked as private, they should just get the KNOWN caller ringer?

    Jeff
  12. #52  
    Does the Ringcare desktop app allow for editing features other than trim/crop? For example, can you use fade in/fade out effects at the beginning/end of the created tone?

    I use Audacity (free) on the desktop to trim my mp3's to the exact length I want and add special effects as needed/desired, then import them into the ringtone database using minitones (also free). Of course, they do have to stay in RAM... but at least I have a little more control over the final product.
  13.    #53  
    Quote Originally Posted by headgamer View Post
    Does the Ringcare desktop app allow for editing features other than trim/crop? For example, can you use fade in/fade out effects at the beginning/end of the created tone?

    I use Audacity (free) on the desktop to trim my mp3's to the exact length I want and add special effects as needed/desired, then import them into the ringtone database using minitones (also free). Of course, they do have to stay in RAM... but at least I have a little more control over the final product.
    Absolutely fade in/fade out are supported along with the ability to add custom effects to the ringtone!

    Jeff
  14. #54  
    Installed three times. Reset first 2 times on incoming call and then a third time that set my 680 into a reset loop. Would Ringcare have a conflict with any app like callblock or some other phone utility?
  15. #55  
    The problem that has absolutely PLAGUED me with ringtone managers is distortion. I didn't have any problems on my 650, but on my 700p it happens no matter what app I use(Except Phone Technician, oddly enough). the tones come out sounding garbled, skipped, & distorted no matter what I do. I've tried re-encoding them, tried different SD cards, different ringtone managers, I've tried everything & they always sound terrible. I thought it had something to do with pTunes b/c most managers used that to play the tones but I've tried lightwav too with similar results. Now Ringcare is doing the same thing. What player does it use to play the tones?

    Also, am I the only one having this problem? Why does it do this? Has anyone been able to solve this problem? I'm about to tear my hear out here.
    I just saved a bunch of money on my car insurance by fleeing the scene of the accident!
  16.    #56  
    Quote Originally Posted by KabukiAssassin View Post
    The problem that has absolutely PLAGUED me with ringtone managers is distortion. I didn't have any problems on my 650, but on my 700p it happens no matter what app I use(Except Phone Technician, oddly enough). the tones come out sounding garbled, skipped, & distorted no matter what I do. I've tried re-encoding them, tried different SD cards, different ringtone managers, I've tried everything & they always sound terrible. I thought it had something to do with pTunes b/c most managers used that to play the tones but I've tried lightwav too with similar results. Now Ringcare is doing the same thing. What player does it use to play the tones?

    Also, am I the only one having this problem? Why does it do this? Has anyone been able to solve this problem? I'm about to tear my hear out here.
    RingCare natively plays the MP3 files. It does not use pTunes or any other playback manager.

    The best encoding is 128k but rate with a sampling rate of 16000. Could you send me a few of the mp3's that have playback issues so I can see if it is a problem on your Treo or an issue with the mp3's. I might be able to improve things for you! Please send them to: support AT GoTreoSoftware.com

    Jeff
  17.    #57  
    Quote Originally Posted by ecmarco View Post
    Installed three times. Reset first 2 times on incoming call and then a third time that set my 680 into a reset loop. Would Ringcare have a conflict with any app like callblock or some other phone utility?
    That is very possible. Are you using the Utility that is available for RingCare on the Treo 680? If so, remove it and see if you still ahve the issue. You can remove it from the Treo's HOME screen by using the DELETE menu option. The Helper application is called "RingCareNumber".

    Jeff
  18. #58  
    Although, I've always used Ringo, successfully, I love the look of RC and I am such a VC fan I am willing to give it a try.

    Jeff, I have so many co-workers sending me text messages from their email boxes and since your program only recognizes numbers, I am unable to assign special tones to those incoming (email)texts. I've emailed Ringo about adding the email addy feature without much success. Is it feasible to add the feature to RC?
  19.    #59  
    Quote Originally Posted by nchargreed View Post
    Although, I've always used Ringo, successfully, I love the look of RC and I am such a VC fan I am willing to give it a try.

    Jeff, I have so many co-workers sending me text messages from their email boxes and since your program only recognizes numbers, I am unable to assign special tones to those incoming (email)texts. I've emailed Ringo about adding the email addy feature without much success. Is it feasible to add the feature to RC?
    Yes I can add email addresses! Give me a few days though.

    Jeff
  20. #60  
    wooohooo!

    Thanks Jeff!

    K
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Posting Permissions