Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
    Dude you can make your own ringtones with mpTrim or wavepad, both FREE.
    I just saved a bunch of money on my car insurance by fleeing the scene of the accident!
    Global Posts
    114 Global Posts
    well ish... i just bought dialbyphoto like 3 days ago. that blows. good looking program though - i will have to pass for now.
    The grammar on the ad is incorrect. Should be "its". "it's" is a contraction of "it is".

Do I get a regkey for helping out?
    can't Lightwav do this, but with more features?
  5.    #25  
    Quote Originally Posted by Syphon View Post
    I noticed a small issue with this program. I assign a ringtone to be used from the memory card. when I get a call, it starts to ring. but once I mute the ringer or choose and option (accept, ignore, ignore w/ text), the mp3 stutters for about two seconds.

I use a 680 unlocked.

But the program is pretty good. the ring response is a lot faster than Ringo when using files stored externally. This is the reason why I stopped using Ringo, because the phone will vibrate and then 10 seconds later the file will play.
    There is a small utility to download for the 680. This utility will allow RingCare to get the incoming call almost immediately and will stop the lag you are talking about. RingCare should have given you a popup message about this utility and asked if you want to download it. Once you have it installed, just disable and re-enable RingCare and from there on, RingCare will very fast on the 680.

Jeff
    I already make my ringtones with techsounds but if there is something better and faster i'll try it
    I'm StayFly, its not just a name its a lifestyle, so get some style in your life
    what does "create TASK for ignored calls" "create Task for missed calls" mean?
    I'm a Pre gal now
    Jeff, can I get the utility link?
    I remember downloading it over the air...but I cannpt seem to locate the file. =[
    The program itself does not seem to relaunch that notification about it.
  9.    #29  
    Quote Originally Posted by stayfly View Post
    so if I just buy the desktop I can make my own ringtones and hotsync them and they will be in my sounds app on the treo?
    The Treo does not natively make it easy to use mp3's for ringtones. That is why you see products like RingCare that make the process very easy and efficient. RingCare allows you to use mp3 files stored on your SD Card as ringtone files. These mp3's can be full length songs or they can be modified to only include the part of a song you want as a ringtone. There are ways to "cut" mp3's and I have brought to market a utility that will allow you to do the "cut" if you want it. RingCare Mobile runs on your Treo and RingCare Desktop runs on your PC. Neither require the other but the Treo requires RingCare Mobile to be able to store and use mp3's that are stored on your SD Card. RingCare Mobile also adds many useful features that they Treo does not have.

Jeff
    Very slick-looking program (as I expect from Jeff). Installed it and then removed it later today, here's why:

- Clicking on the "contacts" button on Treo tied up the phone for about 45minutes with no "cancel" function or prior warning. Ouch!

- Once the search finished, I lost a few MB of storage (also ouch).

- I occasionally play with ringtones, but don't go nuts with them. If I had the internal storage to spare, this would be comparable to a "game" purchase, something for kicks. At $50 it's in "enterprise" country and I can't honestly justify it.

I like your work Jeff, and the way you continue to create innovative stuff for the Palm platform in spite of how they seem to make your work difficult. Also, thanks for keeping LauncherX functional after Bozidar died. But this app's not for me.
    Treo 755s in good condition available on ebay for $50-$75. No need to pay for insurance or buy a Pre.
  11.    #31  
    Quote Originally Posted by cathartic8881 View Post
    what does "create TASK for ignored calls" "create Task for missed calls" mean?
    This feature creates entries in the TASK application on the Treo. So if you ignore a call, RingCare will make an entry in the task manager and create an alarm that will remind you to call this person back. The same feature is available for missed calls. The 4 benefits to these features are:

1) They servive beyond a soft reset
    2) They have a timer that will continue to remind you until you clear the task
    3) They provide an audit trail for those that depend on task management
    4) They provide the ability to remember to return calls that you ignored

Hope this helps.....

Jeff
  12.    #32  
    Quote Originally Posted by Grim View Post
    Maybe I'm missing something, but is there any way to get it to recognize .mp3's that aren't on the miniSD card (which I don't have yet)?
    RingCare will recognize mp3 that are not on the miniSD card. RingCare will also allow you to use all of the builtin MIDI tones that are already on the Treo. Getting mp'3 to your Treo without the memory card is difficult though.

Jeff
  13.    #33  
    Quote Originally Posted by R1_Rydah View Post
    nice looking app, but its a lil too rich for my blood...
    At 29.95 is priced with the other leading ringtone management solutions.

Jeff
  14.    #34  
    Quote Originally Posted by trim81 View Post
    can't Lightwav do this, but with more features?
    It is a similar product but can be very unstable. The primary design goal for RingCare was stability and ease of use.

Jeff
    Well, I definitely was put off by the price, but I gave it a shot, and BINGO, new customer on both. The desktop app is pricelessly simple and EASY. I'd tried using audible for this same purpose, but never managed to do it well. This app takes all the guesswork out -- well worth it for $40. Well done man. I'd bought VolumeCare a while ago but ended up using Phone Technician, but with my newly acquired 700p (650 replaced 6, yes 6 times by Sprint until they finally gave in and upgraded me), I'll be using RingCare!
    Last edited by ricochet; 06/26/2007 at 10:09 PM.
  16.    #36  
    Quote Originally Posted by Joad View Post
    Very slick-looking program (as I expect from Jeff). Installed it and then removed it later today, here's why:

- Clicking on the "contacts" button on Treo tied up the phone for about 45minutes with no "cancel" function or prior warning. Ouch!

- Once the search finished, I lost a few MB of storage (also ouch).

- I occasionally play with ringtones, but don't go nuts with them. If I had the internal storage to spare, this would be comparable to a "game" purchase, something for kicks. At $50 it's in "enterprise" country and I can't honestly justify it.

I like your work Jeff, and the way you continue to create innovative stuff for the Palm platform in spite of how they seem to make your work difficult. Also, thanks for keeping LauncherX functional after Bozidar died. But this app's not for me.
    Thanks for the nice comments! Did it really take 45 minutes or were you just making a point? Yes it does take a little time to initually build the contact list. I have just over 600 entries and it take about 90 seconds to 2 minutes to build the list for the first time. The differnce in the time is because each Treo model writes to database files at different speeds. I decided to have the application take a little more time building the contact lists because I wanted it to be extremely fast looking up information when a call is coming in. So RingCare is very fast and imposes almost no delay between when a call is coming in and the the ringtone starts to play.

Where did you get the product costs $50? RingCare Mobile by itself costs $29.95. If you want the ability to create your own ringtones from you mp3 library, we sell a utility for $10 that will allow you to do this editing on your PC and then move the files to the Treo so RingCare can use the modified tones.

Jeff

BTW: LauncherX will be getting an uplift very soon now that RingCare has made it to market.

Jeff
  17.    #37  
    Quote Originally Posted by stayfly View Post
    I already make my ringtones with techsounds but if there is something better and faster i'll try it
    Please give it a try and we will be here to support you!

Jeff
    support AT GoTreoSoftware.com
  18.    #38  
    Quote Originally Posted by Syphon View Post
    Jeff, can I get the utility link?
    I remember downloading it over the air...but I cannpt seem to locate the file. =[
    The program itself does not seem to relaunch that notification about it.
    The link is: http://GoTreoSoftware.com/downloads/...CareNumber.prc

Remember to install it to the main memory of your Treo! It will hide itself after installation since it is just a helper application. So after installation, go into Ringcare and disable/enable RingCare. This will trigger the helper application to do its work for RingCare.

Jeff
  19.    #39  
    Quote Originally Posted by Homie View Post
    sounds like minitones is a better product unless you like installing new applications on your windows desktop.
    The problem with miniTones is the mp3 files must be stored in the main memory of your Treo! RingCare allows the files to be stored on the SD Card. There are also many additioanl feature in RingCare that miniTones does not have!

RingCare will do:

- unlimited number of mp3 support from the SD Card
    - automatic discovery of tone files
    - easy administration of contacts, groups and tones
    - unlimited number of contacts supported
    - common Goodlink contacts are available to RingCare
    - message tone support for all contacts
    - ringtone assignment to company names and category names
    - TASK reminder creation for missed and ignored calls
    - an option is provided to copy mp3 files to the main memory of the Treo
    - option to control the volume of the alert tone for each contact
    - and much more....

Jeff
  20.    #40  
    Quote Originally Posted by ricochet View Post
    Well, I definitely was put off by the price, but I gave it a shot, and BINGO, new customer on both. The desktop app is pricelessly simple and EASY. I'd tried using audible for this same purpose, but never managed to do it well. This app takes all the guesswork out -- well worth it for $40. Well done man. I'd bought VolumeCare a while ago but ended up using Phone Technician, but with my newly acquired 700p (650 replaced 6, yes 6 times by Sprint until they finally gave in and upgraded me), I'll be using RingCare!
    Thank you for the nice comments! RingCare has taken me 3 months to bring to market. Its nice to hear I have hit the mark. RingCare is also integrated with VolumeCare so you may want to revive your VolumeCare license (there is no cost to this if you are a registered VolumeCare user!)

With RingCare, you can boost the volume of your ringtones and your phone conversations!

Jeff
Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast