Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
    Global Posts
    107 Global Posts
    I have found a solution for Blazer finally!! Using Blazer now is an enjoyable experience now!!!!! You, first need Resco Explorer or FileZ... go to "BuiltIn" section of your memory... find the folder named BLAZER... select file from menu,
    select Info, then selet Attributes, and check Readonly....Close everything and open Blazer... go to Options, Prefs, Advanced... and check clear cache on exit.. Thats it!!!!!!
    Now my Blazer is fast fast fast....I can have 3megs of cache after browsing and when I exit it clears very fast...

Hope this works for all... I am using a 755P...

Fridayy
    Last edited by fridayy; 06/27/2007 at 12:44 PM.
    On my 700p - it has always been read only - it is in ROM. Ben
    I'll be damned, fridayy is right.

Ben, fridayy means the Blazer FOLDER (not file) in the Builtin Directory. It's the folder with all those dcf files.

After reading fridayy's post, I went into the Builtin Directory with Resco Explorer, to the Blazer Folder, hit Info, changed the attribute of the FOLDER to ReadOnly and saved it. I Didn't touch the dcf files.

Then opened Blazer, went to Prefs/Advanced where I had 1.7 mb's in the Cache. I enabled the Clear Cache on Exit. Then closed Blazer and it cleared the Cache in about 2 to 3 seconds. Just like the 650 does.

Try it...

Thank You fridayy

As far as clearing the cache very fast this trick works like a charm. I had 2.2 MB in the cache and it only took 3-4 secs to clear it, before this it would have taken me about 8-12 secs to clear this amount/size of cache, cool.
    !! uNo.....DoS.....tReO!!

http://www.myspace.com/ljj8503
    This looks promising, but I can't find the Builtin directory. I'm using Filez
    Quote Originally Posted by acousticbiker View Post
    This looks promising, but I can't find the Builtin directory. I'm using Filez
    I don't know what the h@ll that is either.
    Matty
    So does it actually clear the cache, if the folder is read-only?

I guess I'm not clear on what this is doing. At first I assumed that it was telling it to clear the cache, but couldn't, thus exited faster than actually deleting the files, but perhaps not..
    Global Posts
    107 Global Posts
    I just installed FileZ.. to help out with the people that have it... unfortinatly the file tree is a little different... I would recommend downloading Resco Explorer....

www.resco.net

hope this helps..

fridayy
    Well, I just downloaded Rescue Explorer and did this. I don't know if it's going to stop any lag yet as I have always had the 'clear cache on exit' checked, but I do notice how fast it's clearing it when manually doing it. Normally there is a pop-up having you wait while it does it.

Download it here and follow fridayy's instructions above but don't highligh blazer with your stylus, highlight it with the 5 way and then use the drop down to click info.

http://www.resco.net/palm/explorer/downloads.asp
    Kyocera 6035 > Kyocera 7135 > Treo 600 > Treo 650. All Verizon. Sprint Treo 755p, HTC Mogul & Centro
    Unlocked Treo 680 for trips outside Sprint's areas
    The downside, of course, is that your cache never gets updated. So when you start Blazer, you have nothing cached, or old pages in your cache, depending on whether you clear your cache before or after write protecting it.

To do this in FileZ, go to preference, check the boxes for folders and for hidden items.
    Bob Meyer
    I'm out of my mind. But feel free to leave a message.
    I was bored and this worked, so I started thinking...

I decided to make PalmDM folder read only, hoping to get around the VFS issues. My 700p flew along as fast as a 600... Until it crashed and went into a hard reset loop. I'm going to investigate, though, and see if I can improve speed by making certain (large prc) files read-only.
    A new Avatar to commemorate Silly Season.
    Couldn't set attributes with filez. Had to download explorer.
    Matty
    After you do this, it does not seem to clear on exit. You can clear manually it seems, and it seems quicker. Am I on the right track here?
    Matty
    Global Posts
    989 Global Posts
    Interesting, it does seem to speed things up..... I wonder what the side effects are?
    Quote Originally Posted by migs View Post
    Interesting, it does seem to speed things up..... I wonder what the side effects are?

Sorry, couldn't resist.

-
    Kyocera 6035 > Kyocera 7135 > Treo 600 > Treo 650. All Verizon. Sprint Treo 755p, HTC Mogul & Centro
    Global Posts
    556 Global Posts
    Wow- so far so good. Palm, are you reading this?
    ReMax Properties Unlimited
    Morristown NJ
    pmdied@gmail.com
    www.peterdieduardo.com
    Global Posts
    989 Global Posts
    anybody having issues when pressing the back button? I noticed sometimes it will not go back.. could be just me though
    Has anybody tried this on the 755p?

Al
    It messes up the back button on the 755p as well. It will go back a page but then goes forward again on the second "back" command. Blazer does exit more quickly. I have always had the "clear cache on exit" command checked.
    Quote Originally Posted by nsxprime View Post
    It messes up the back button on the 755p as well. It will go back a page but then goes forward again on the second "back" command. Blazer does exit more quickly. I have always had the "clear cache on exit" command checked.
    Good observation. I just noticed mine does this on any setting, box checked or unchecked, blazer read only or not, anything. Sometimes it works back and forward, sometimes it won't go forward, and sometimes it stays on one page. Hmmm!
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast