Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
    I haven't had a "fast" flush take more than 3s no matter how much memory was involved (Sprint 700P+MR1.1)
    Quote Originally Posted by shopharim View Post
    I haven't had a "fast" flush take more than 3s no matter how much memory was involved (Sprint 700P+MR1.1)
    Does the 700P have 34M of dbcache available?
    Quote Originally Posted by khaytsus View Post
    Does the 700P have 34M of dbcache available?
    I'm at ~19.8 (I have several Bibles for BibleReader installed in ROM)
    Global Posts
    13 Global Posts
    I have followed all the instructions from the first post to a "T". Blazer speed has definitely improved, but now I have a HUGE lag when switching from Blazer to the phone or application page.

I have a 700P with the MR installed at my local Sprint service center.

Any ideas?

Thanks
    If you guys disable the java script (if u don't need it), the page will load and format faster.
    Dark Lord of the Sith...
    Fear is My Ally...

http://www.ppcsg.com
    http://www.spug.net
    Great thread! Works fine with my 755. Also, it seems to let me start scrolling while the page is still downloading, making it even faster.
    Laissez Faire
    Global Posts
    166 Global Posts
    Has anyone tried setting their Blazer "memory limit for storing pages" to 0 MB?

It seems like this would functionally do the same thing?

Thanks,
    Jacob
    Global Posts
    166 Global Posts
    Anyone? Comparisons?
    ^this is exactly what I did. Simpler than this other solution.
    Palm III > Palm V > Palm Vx > (Sprint) Kyo 6035 > Handspring Treo 300
    > Handspring Treo 600 Oct.'03 > Palm Treo 700P May'06 > Treo 755P Aug.'07 > Pre(-) June'09 + TouchPad July'11 LONG LIVE webOS!!!
    This does not last forever. Eventually the 755p will reset and totally rewrite the "Builtin-A:" drive and thus delete the readonly Blazer directory and re-create a read-write Blazer directory again.
    Looking for a way to earn additional income? One that allows you to not only market services people use everyday, but the services of the future too? This opportunity provides outstanding earning potential with ongoing training and support. You are in business for yourself but never by yourself. Stop imagining and start living.

Independent Representative
    Carl Brooks
    carl@techloyal.com
    http://www.techloyal.com
    Soft reset? Or are you implying that it'll "eventually" hard reset? If so, that's unlikely.
    I disabled java, like the above post suggested. It does run much faster.
    Matty
    Quote Originally Posted by matty032 View Post
    I disabled java, like the above post suggested. It does run much faster.
    Javascript
    It will soft reset but totally rewrite the a: drive which is a temp dir (aside from Palm_DM directory which is a virtual link to the stuff in RAM). I know this because I have written backup pref files to this area and it eventually gets wiped. Not a hard reset where your real data is, but the a: drive where temp data is stored.
    Looking for a way to earn additional income? One that allows you to not only market services people use everyday, but the services of the future too? This opportunity provides outstanding earning potential with ongoing training and support. You are in business for yourself but never by yourself. Stop imagining and start living.

Independent Representative
    Carl Brooks
    carl@techloyal.com
    http://www.techloyal.com
    <Has anyone tried setting their Blazer "memory limit for storing pages" to 0 MB?>

I did this and I've gotten a massive performance increase. Blazer just as blazing as changing the built in folder to Read only except no loss of back button.
    Quote Originally Posted by motzingw View Post
    <Has anyone tried setting their Blazer "memory limit for storing pages" to 0 MB?>

I did this and I've gotten a massive performance increase. Blazer just as blazing as changing the built in folder to Read only except no loss of back button.
    I have did the same and got performance increase. How long will it last is the question. I have done numerous things to my Treo to enhance performance only to find out in time it goes back to normal and I have to try something else.
    at&t iPhone3G
    Global Posts
    473 Global Posts
    it does seem faster with page set to zero. switching to phone is faster and cache size never grows while surfing and it "clears"on exit instantly ill run like this for a while but a quick test on espn.com and a myspace page resulted in very fast loading and 2 second exit to phone app
    T300 - T600 - T650 - T700p - T755p - T800w - Pre
    Quote Originally Posted by fridayy View Post
    I use OffFlush2.0 which is the new version of the program... I have it set to flush DBCache when I hit the Off button, if you want to flush it while the Treo is ON just open the program and select the "Flush Now" button.. The progam is rock solid stable on my 755P.. I have had 0 issues with it..I personally love it!! with the settings I have it on, it takes about 3 secs to flush..of course if I run alot of programs during one particular time.. it might take 6 secs...but I have found this time lag is not bothersom by any means..
    I have purchased Reset Doctor and its a great program.. but I have found this works best for me.. here it is...
    This program works great on my 755P. I've set it to do a fast flush only on power button. Blazer memory limit is at 2MB and I don't clear cache on exit. With these settings, I'm lag-free. An added bonus is that Tom Tom 5 starts up every time - I don't get low dbcache warnings. I'm a very happy camper.

Paul
    pokada, have you set the Blazer directory to "Read Only"? - just curious
    Quote Originally Posted by egn View Post
    pokada, have you set the Blazer directory to "Read Only"? - just curious
    Nope. I wasn't sure exactly how to do it. I don't think that this is necessary.

Paul
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345