Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Results 41 to 60 of 100
  1. fridayy's Avatar
    Posts
    101 Posts
    Global Posts
    107 Global Posts
       #41  
    Rock,

    I am having no problem both starting and exiting blazer...as far as bookmarks, I have 31/2 pages of them... try deleting Blazer folder within BuiltIn memory and then restarting Blazer, this will create a new Blazer folder within BuiltIn ... dont worring your bookmarks will not be deleted...
  2. fridayy's Avatar
    Posts
    101 Posts
    Global Posts
    107 Global Posts
       #42  
    I once again took a look at FileZ for you guys... it looks like its a program limitation... I would suggest downloading Reso explorer, try the trial version and try my recommended settings...
    www.resco.net
    Eric
  3. #43  
    Quote Originally Posted by ERicJ View Post
    With Read Only setting on BUILTIN/BLAZER the page back simply toggles between the current page and the last page. The forward option does not exist.
    I didn't care to much for this limitation myself.
    If you found my post useful then please sign up for a Dropbox Account, I could use the extra 250mb of storage.

    HOW TO: Zip/Unzip via Pre/Pixi using Terminal
    HOW TO: Modify DTMF audio (webOS 1.4.5 or earlier)
    Palm Pre wallpapers
  4. #44  
    Quote Originally Posted by fridayy View Post
    I once again took a look at FileZ for you guys... it looks like its a program limitation... I would suggest downloading Reso explorer, try the trial version and try my recommended settings...
    www.resco.net
    I would like to know what happens when the trial period expires. Are the settings going to revert to the way they were? Are we never going to change them back? Do you know what I mean?
    Kyocera 6035 > Kyocera 7135 > Treo 600 > Treo 650. All Verizon. Sprint Treo 755p, HTC Mogul & Centro
    Unlocked Treo 680 for trips outside Sprint's areas
  5. fridayy's Avatar
    Posts
    101 Posts
    Global Posts
    107 Global Posts
       #45  
    Rick,

    Not sure what happens when trial period expires... In my opinion its well worth the money...

    Fridayy
  6. #46  
    The main reason that Blazer takes a long time to load is that it's clearing DBCache.

    Perhaps try this... Run for a while, launch some various programs, etc, then time Blazer. Perhaps you already have this timing, 20s or so.

    Now, do the same thing you normally would do, except before launching Blazer clear the dbcache with the dbcache tool, Prefs Doctor, whatever. Then see how long Blazer takes. I bet it's much shorter because dbcache is already cleared.

    A really long history and lots of bookmarks would add some time but I would not think them significant?
  7. #47  
    fridayy & khaytsus,
    Thanks for your suggestions. I will give them both a try and report back.
  8. #48  
    I can live without the forward page functionality given the performance increase of Blazer overall. Yes, I confirm that Page Forward functionality breaks when this folder is locked.
    Lord, who will we go to? You have the words of eternal life. Jn 6:68 <><
    PDA "trail" > Sharp Wizard OZ-750 > Palm M100 > Visor Deluxe > Visor Prism > Sony T665C > Sony NX80V > Sony TH55(2) > Palm Treo 700p
  9. #49  
    Quote Originally Posted by fridayy View Post
    I once again took a look at FileZ for you guys... it looks like its a program limitation... I would suggest downloading Reso explorer, try the trial version and try my recommended settings...
    www.resco.net
    Eric
    No, it's apparently a user limitation. In FileZ, select View and Edit Files, press menu, go to Options / Preferences, and check Folders and Show Hidden Volumes. Works for me.
    Bob Meyer
    I'm out of my mind. But feel free to leave a message.
  10. #50  
    Quote Originally Posted by migs View Post
    Interesting, it does seem to speed things up..... I wonder what the side effects are?
    See post #10
    Bob Meyer
    I'm out of my mind. But feel free to leave a message.
  11. #51  
    Quote Originally Posted by meyerweb View Post
    No, it's apparently a user limitation. In FileZ, select View and Edit Files, press menu, go to Options / Preferences, and check Folders and Show Hidden Volumes. Works for me.
    But then there is no option to edit the folder. It says its not allowed.
  12. #52  
    Quote Originally Posted by khaytsus View Post
    The main reason that Blazer takes a long time to load is that it's clearing DBCache.

    Perhaps try this... Run for a while, launch some various programs, etc, then time Blazer. Perhaps you already have this timing, 20s or so.

    Now, do the same thing you normally would do, except before launching Blazer clear the dbcache with the dbcache tool, Prefs Doctor, whatever. Then see how long Blazer takes. I bet it's much shorter because dbcache is already cleared.

    A really long history and lots of bookmarks would add some time but I would not think them significant?
    It is definately only when dbCache is low on available memory that Blazer launch takes 20-30 seconds. Question is, does that still happen with this change? I'm trying to determine that right now. The delayed launch of Blazer while clearing dbCache does still occur, although it seemed more like 10-15 seconds vs. 20-30.
    Last edited by wellsjs; 06/27/2007 at 03:18 PM.
    Lord, who will we go to? You have the words of eternal life. Jn 6:68 <><
    PDA "trail" > Sharp Wizard OZ-750 > Palm M100 > Visor Deluxe > Visor Prism > Sony T665C > Sony NX80V > Sony TH55(2) > Palm Treo 700p
  13. #53  
    Quote Originally Posted by NachoB View Post
    With Clear Cache on Exit checked, if you exit Blazer, then view the Blazer folder, the Cache is still intact.. This is basically preventing Blazer from being able to clear cache. Not a solution in my opinion.
    It prevents Blazer from updating the cache between sessions in any way, not just clearing it. The cache is updated in memory, while you're in Blazer. But once you exist Blazer all those updates are lost (as is the ability to clear it). When you restart, you get the same old cache you started with.

    What part of 'read-only' don't people understand? It prevents Blazer from writing any and all updates to permament memory.
    Bob Meyer
    I'm out of my mind. But feel free to leave a message.
  14. #54  
    Quote Originally Posted by wellsjs View Post
    Before you set the "read only" flag on the BLAZER folder, clear the cache. Then set the folder to "read only." This eliminates page caching by Blazer, which I don't know why anyone would want anyway. End result - a much better Blazer app experiencce!
    Why? So that when I press the back key Blazer doesn't have to re-download the page all over again. Remember all the complaints people had about the 650 not using the cache to reload pages? This change recreates that problem.

    So you can put up with a lag when entering and exiting Blazer (when it reads and writes the cache file), or every time you hit the back button. I know which will annoy me more.
    Bob Meyer
    I'm out of my mind. But feel free to leave a message.
  15. #55  
    Quote Originally Posted by khaytsus View Post
    The main reason that Blazer takes a long time to load is that it's clearing DBCache.

    Perhaps try this... Run for a while, launch some various programs, etc, then time Blazer. Perhaps you already have this timing, 20s or so.
    20 Seconds? How big is your cache. At most, Blazer takes 3 or 4 seconds to load on my 700P, with the cache enabled.
    Bob Meyer
    I'm out of my mind. But feel free to leave a message.
  16. #56  
    Quote Originally Posted by sxtg View Post
    But then there is no option to edit the folder. It says its not allowed.
    I'll be. I didn't catch that. My apologies.
    Bob Meyer
    I'm out of my mind. But feel free to leave a message.
  17. #57  
    Deleting the BLAZER folder did not solve my startup/initialization problem.
    I do not have a dbcache tool, so instead I checked the clear cache on exit, and that did not solve my problem.
    Also, there was a question about the size of my cache so I played with that, and that did not solve my problem.
    However, I cleared the cookies (which was about 40K) and that solved my problem. Blazer now intializes in about 2 - 3 seconds.
    Thanks all for your suggestions.
  18. #58  
    Quote Originally Posted by sxtg View Post
    But then there is no option to edit the folder. It says its not allowed.
    In other words what he is saying is that filez will not let you change the attribute of the folder to read only. Wouldn't setting your cache to 0 in prefs not do the same thing as what is being done here?
    Matty
  19. #59  
    Quote Originally Posted by meyerweb View Post
    Why? So that when I press the back key Blazer doesn't have to re-download the page all over again. Remember all the complaints people had about the 650 not using the cache to reload pages? This change recreates that problem.

    So you can put up with a lag when entering and exiting Blazer (when it reads and writes the cache file), or every time you hit the back button. I know which will annoy me more.
    No, Blazer is still caching, just not making a copy in the "Built-In" space, which speeds things up remarkably. I want a fresh draw of a page every time I visit . . . most of the sites I frequent change constantly, so I don't want to think I'm seeing the latest and not be. But that's just me and my style. You do as you please.

    Are you saying I shouldn't settle for this fix because it doesn't fix another issue? Any other negativity you wish to toss around today?
    Lord, who will we go to? You have the words of eternal life. Jn 6:68 <><
    PDA "trail" > Sharp Wizard OZ-750 > Palm M100 > Visor Deluxe > Visor Prism > Sony T665C > Sony NX80V > Sony TH55(2) > Palm Treo 700p
  20. #60  
    Quote Originally Posted by meyerweb View Post
    20 Seconds? How big is your cache. At most, Blazer takes 3 or 4 seconds to load on my 700P, with the cache enabled.
    Read again. dbcache clearing is what takes 20s. And I haven't timed it, I was quoting someone elses' timing.

    I think it takes more like 5-10s to launch Blazer on my 680, about the same to exit it. I'm not bothering with this read-only silliness.
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Posting Permissions