1.    #1  
    Is there no website / palm app that will do this? All I want is to do a goosync-like sync of my address book to gmail or some other web service directly from the treo... Have I just done a horrible job of searching?

Current device: Palm Pre
    Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w

Please don't PM me about my avatar. For more info go here.

Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions
  3.    #3  
    Really? Nothing free?
    Global Posts
    779 Global Posts
    Read about OMA.
    I use Synthesis AG on my Treo 680 and sync with O-Sync. Then I download my contacts to my Sony Ericsson w810i.
    It's not perfect but it works.
    Current Phones: Unlocked AT&T Pre3; Samsung Galaxy Nexus i9250; HTC Desire A8181
    Current Tablets: Lenovo ThinkPad Tablet 183825U; HP TouchPad 32GB w/ACL
    Previous Devices: Unlocked UK Pre3; HTC Touch Diamond; Palm Unlocked GSM Treo 680; PalmOne Unlocked GSM 650; Palm Tungsten T3 w/PalmOne WiFi Card, PowerToGo and ASUS WL-330g; 3Com Palm III; Sony Clie N760C
  5.    #5  
    holy crap, thank you!
  6.    #6  
    Another great service to use syncml with is Zyb

http://www.zyb.com
    Global Posts
    779 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by dirtygreek View Post
    Another great service to use syncml with is Zyb

http://www.zyb.com
    I actually wanted to use zyb but their SMS with confirmation code does not reach me here in Trinidad. Other options are Mobical (but the website gave an error while I tried to register) and ScheduleWorld whose interface is primative and apparently could not handle my 849 contacts.

One error I don't like with O-Sync is that the "last name" field of company contacts on my Treo, that is, those with no first and last names but just the company name, are labelled "unnamed" within the O-Sync database and as such on my w810 when downloaded. Therefore, to avoid the renaming on my Treo I make all changes on my Treo and upload to O-Sync. I wrote to O-Sync about this issue last week but as yet have had no response...
    Current Phones: Unlocked AT&T Pre3; Samsung Galaxy Nexus i9250; HTC Desire A8181
    Current Tablets: Lenovo ThinkPad Tablet 183825U; HP TouchPad 32GB w/ACL
    Previous Devices: Unlocked UK Pre3; HTC Touch Diamond; Palm Unlocked GSM Treo 680; PalmOne Unlocked GSM 650; Palm Tungsten T3 w/PalmOne WiFi Card, PowerToGo and ASUS WL-330g; 3Com Palm III; Sony Clie N760C
    Howdy

I use Yahoo and Intellasync. It's a free option that lets you sync with almost anything including:
    ACT! 4.0.2
    Lotus Organizer 5 & 6
    MS Outlook
    Outlook Express
    Palm
    Pocket PC/Windows CE

This way I first sync with my Palm with Yahoo and then I sync OE with Yahoo so everything is the same in all databases.

Hope that helps,
    SL
    Chief of Operations - High Camp
    http://www.highcamp.ca