1.    #1  
    Twice now I have had my battery run down on me low enough that my 755 shut itself down. Each time, even after plugging the thing in, it wont turn back on (no matter how long its plugged in) until I pull out the battery, leave it out for a few seconds, then put the battery back in.

THEN, although it will now power up after that, it wont reconnect to Sprint until the battery gets charged up a good percentage.

Lastly after that happens, the battery life % is messed up as well. Takes a reset after having charged for a while to get it back showing an accurate battery %
  2. ceb
    Global Posts
    538 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by midmofan View Post
    Twice now I have had my battery run down on me low enough that my 755 shut itself down. Each time, even after plugging the thing in, it wont turn back on (no matter how long its plugged in) until I pull out the battery, leave it out for a few seconds, then put the battery back in.

THEN, although it will now power up after that, it wont reconnect to Sprint until the battery gets charged up a good percentage.

Lastly after that happens, the battery life % is messed up as well. Takes a reset after having charged for a while to get it back showing an accurate battery %
    All blackberrys do that too.

Don't let your battery run so far down...
    Cheers

Charles
    yes, treos do this.. even windows 700w(x) (i believe).

as above posted, don't drain your battery to zero.
  4.    #4  
    If this is how everybody's 755 is supposed behave, then I will have to live with it, but this is NOT how my 650 used to work, which is why I posted.

IF the 650's battery ran down and, therefore, shut off, you could plug it into the charger cord and it would come right back up without having to soft-reset the device or take out the battery before the screen would come on as is happening with the 755. Likewise, you could connect to Sprint and make phone calls and access data withough having to wait for the battery to charge up to 15% or so like happend with the 755. I could make 650 phone calls with 0% battery showing as long as it was plugged in, not so with the 755.

As for the advice not to let the battery run down, [sarcasm-mode/on] thanks, I would not have thought of that myself [sarcasm-mode/off].

Reminds me of a history program I saw once. [snide-comment-via-historical-reference/on]Apparantly some WWI flyers made up a pamphlet for the new arrivals entitled "How to Survive An Areoplane Crash" inside it said: "Step 1, Do not crash" [snide-comment-via-historical-reference/off]

Seriously though, sometimes you might find yourself without a choice on charging the battery and the post was to determine if this is proper/expected 755 behavior should that happen, not how best to handle your battery.

I had to do a hard reset and then re-activate after an overnight battery drain. The battery accepted a full recharge and the Palm applications ran OK. But the phone was dead and no internet (EVDO) access. Tech support walked me through the activation. I have done 2 "dead battery" tests since without any problems. Next time I pass by the Sprint service center I will have them do some diagnostics.
    HAVE FUN Don
    600 ->755p, Chatter Mail
  6. ceb
    Global Posts
    538 Global Posts
    If this is how everybody's 755 is supposed behave, then I will have to live with it, but this is NOT how my 650 used to work, which is why I posted.

IF the 650's battery ran down and, therefore, shut off, you could plug it into the charger cord and it would come right back up without having to soft-reset the device or take out the battery before the screen would come on as is happening with the 755. Likewise, you could connect to Sprint and make phone calls and access data withough having to wait for the battery to charge up to 15% or so like happend with the 755. I could make 650 phone calls with 0% battery showing as long as it was plugged in, not so with the 755.

As for the advice not to let the battery run down, [sarcasm-mode/on] thanks, I would not have thought of that myself [sarcasm-mode/off].

Reminds me of a history program I saw once. [snide-comment-via-historical-reference/on]Apparantly some WWI flyers made up a pamphlet for the new arrivals entitled "How to Survive An Areoplane Crash" inside it said: "Step 1, Do not crash" [snide-comment-via-historical-reference/off]

Seriously though, sometimes you might find yourself without a choice on charging the battery and the post was to determine if this is proper/expected 755 behavior should that happen, not how best to handle your battery.
    It wasn't meant as a snide remark. Unfortunately though, not letting your battery run down IS your only solution.

I feel your pain since I never had that with my 650 either. I just charge my treo every night now and turn it off when I'm in a "no signal zone" very long.
    Cheers

Charles
    I had a scare this morning. The Treo screen would not turn on but the keyboard lit up. I did a soft reset and the battery showed at 21%. When the screen went off it would not come back on again. This happened with the OEM battery.

I put the extended battery in and everything seems fine. I don't think the OEM battery was that low as 21%, and not sure what happened that it got so low. I charged it up and it seems ok so far but gonna watch it much more closely today. Anyone had the OEM battery drain for no reason?
    Global Posts
    148 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ceb View Post
    It wasn't meant as a snide remark. Unfortunately though, not letting your battery run down IS your only solution.
    I turn the phone off when I drop below 5%. My solution to avoid low batteries is to charge every night and carry the charge/sync cord to work and charge there too.
    Obscura