1.    #1  
    Need help. The big issue I am having with my Treo 680 is inconsistent alarms.

For whatever reason in both Datebk6 and MegaClock, the alarms don't seem to go off consistent. In both cases the visible alert dialogue shows, but the alarm itself doesn't sound.

For Datebk6, I find this happens if:
    1. I reset (soft) during or just before the alarm was supposed to sound.
    2. If I had a call when the alarm was supposed to sound.
    3. Sometimes, I simply don't know why.

For megaclock:

Unattended alarms don't seem to snooze (i.e., I don't hit the snooze button) or they only snooze once or twice, not the full five times set.

I can put up with a lot of things, but not my alarms failing to sound! I've tried clean installs multiple times.

In case its some other software, here's my list.
    4cast,
    AT&T IM
    Megaclock
    Notepad ptunes,
    Rbackup
    SplashID
    Tealphone
    filepc2pda
    filez
    tcpmp
    butler
    cradlecare
    keyguardext
    phone technician
    crosswords
    strategic commander
    directory assist
    flightstatus
    googlemaps
    pocketlingo
    refhack
    ereaderpro
    mobipocket
    tomeraider
    smartlisttogo
    avantgo
    datebk6
    snappermail

Any help would be greatly appreciated. I have 4 days to cancel my contract.
    Best solution is to backup everything, hard reset, and then a selective restore until you find out what the problem is.

I *NEVER* miss an alarm with my Treo. You might have some conflicting software there which causes the alarms not to ring.
    ONe of you apps is working in the backround is interfering with your alarms...snapper mayber? Try installing alarms and see what alerts are setup in you device:

http://www.freewarepalm.com/clock/alarms.shtml

That will tell you if your alarms are actually scheduled properly. Then try uninstalling and reinstalling various apps setup to function in the backround like snapper and etc and see if that is conflicting with your alarms...

Current device: Palm Pre
    Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w

Please don't PM me about my avatar. For more info go here.

Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions
    There is a known issue for Treo 680, if an alarm is going to alert but you are pressing any key at the same time (maybe in your case), the alert sound will be mute.
  5.    #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by gfunkmagic View Post
    ONe of you apps is working in the backround is interfering with your alarms...snapper mayber? Try installing alarms and see what alerts are setup in you device:

http://www.freewarepalm.com/clock/alarms.shtml

That will tell you if your alarms are actually scheduled properly. Then try uninstalling and reinstalling various apps setup to function in the backround like snapper and etc and see if that is conflicting with your alarms...
    Thanks, gfunk. The issue is the visual notification comes up, but not the sound consistently.
    May be that your alarms are countering one another? Also tried Butler? And Skyangler may have a point (it is reported that this happens but hass never happened to mine s far as I know).