1.    #1  
    Argh. I followed the instructions to the letter... hard reset.. inserted the SD card... patch started... and all seemed to be going okay... I walked away for a few minutues during the "please wait" phase of the update, only to return to find the screen blank and keyboard / power light flashing like a strobe. It's been that way ever since - and nothing I try gets out of its funk.. hard reset, leave battery out... nothing.

I suppose the phone has been bricked (?)... Now what... a call to Sprint? The *****ing thing is I just got this phone two days ago... a replacement for my last 700p, which was stolen. Hope I don't get any grief about not being under warranty because its a replacement phone.

John
    Global Posts
    366 Global Posts
    Worst case is they refer you to Palm and they replace it. Either way, you should get a replacement if it's bricked...
    Quote Originally Posted by lepton View Post
    Argh. I followed the instructions to the letter... hard reset.. inserted the SD card... patch started... and all seemed to be going okay... I walked away for a few minutues during the "please wait" phase of the update, only to return to find the screen blank and keyboard / power light flashing like a strobe. It's been that way ever since - and nothing I try gets out of its funk.. hard reset, leave battery out... nothing.

Never ever walk away during an upgrade. You need to watch them closely.
    HP200LX -> Palm Pilot -> Palm III -> Sony PEG-300 -> Sony PEG-N710C -> Treo 650 -> Treo 700p -> Treo 755p -> (iPhone or Treo 800L or something unexpected)??