1.    #1  
    ...is slow as dirt, sometimes it takes several minutes. Is there anyway to make it faster?

As much as I despise Opera Mini, clearing its history is very fast.
    nope
    Matty
  3.    #3  
    Come on Matty, lie to me or something, give me some hope.
    LOL sorry dude. the only thing that might help, is do what I do and clean it often. you can lower the default 4 meg max setting. That way there won't be so many pages to delete, which speeds it up some. But I've had other problems from that.
    Matty
    Quote Originally Posted by matty032 View Post
    LOL sorry dude. the only thing that might help, is do what I do and clean it often. you can lower the default 4 meg max setting. That way there won't be so many pages to delete, which speeds it up some. But I've had other problems from that.
    Another way, if you use Resco or one of the other backup programs is to back up to a SD card first. Then do a HARD reset and leave battery out for 5 minutes. Put SD card back in and do a SELECTIVE restore and leave out the blazer cache, blazer history but save your bookmarks. That way you get rid of the history clutter but do not loose the save page bookmarks. In addition, the hard reset often gets rid of unwanted junk as well.

Regards,

Jim
    I also have Resco flush dbcache after every backup.
    at&t iPhone3G
    Quote Originally Posted by KStewart View Post
    I also have Resco flush dbcache after every backup.
    Another good idea, in addition to setting the Blazer preferences to flush the cache at the end of the program use. This option seems to work well and simply dumps cache when you exit.

Regards,

Jim
    You could also set your cache size to 0. Then you would never have to worry about it.
  9.    #9  
    Quote Originally Posted by deesugar View Post
    You could also set your cache size to 0. Then you would never have to worry about it.
    That did it. Thanks.
    Why do people want to not cache stuff?
    HP200LX -> Palm Pilot -> Palm III -> Sony PEG-300 -> Sony PEG-N710C -> Treo 650 -> Treo 700p -> Treo 755p -> (iPhone or Treo 800L or something unexpected)??
    Quote Originally Posted by Brandorr View Post
    Why do people want to not cache stuff?
    Because it bogs down the Treo. Eventually the Treo will reset itself to dump some cache, so it's easier to schedule it so it doesn't happen at an inconvenient time...like in the middle of working on something or on a call.
    Global Posts
    13 Global Posts
    I only found where you can clear the cache manually and set it to clear on exit, but not set the cache to 0. I must be missing something.

It is amazing how fast the Treo is when switching from blazer to the phone app immediately after manually clearing the cache.
    In the Blazer preferences, advanced tab, it says "Set memory limit for storing pages: _MB" - Just enter a '0' there
    Global Posts
    161 Global Posts
    Global Posts
    13 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by TJSunDevil View Post
    In the Blazer preferences, advanced tab, it says "Set memory limit for storing pages: _MB" - Just enter a '0' there
    Thank you.
    Global Posts
    13 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by TJSunDevil View Post
    Thank you.

Quote Originally Posted by lazaruz View Post
    Thank you for the heads up. I am going to have to play with this when I get the chance. Awesome find.
    Quote Originally Posted by lazaruz View Post
    I did that, blazer whups arse now, on exit...
    Matty