Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    New User. Question stated in Title.
    Global Posts
    10 Global Posts
    It is already on there, goto the IM icon.
  3.    #3  
    its giving me a error mess 409 for invalid password
    Quote Originally Posted by 427TTZ06 View Post
    its giving me a error mess 409 for invalid password
    try toccer. it's free unless you want to upgrade for more features.

http://mytreo.net/downloads/details-860.html
    diane
    I get the same error message.
    I get the same error as well, and called Sprint to confirm that my password was correct.

What gives?

Thanks,
    Bill Petro
    www.billpetro.com
    Global Posts
    10 Global Posts
    I can't help you there, sorry. Mine is working just fine with AIM.
    Quote Originally Posted by BillPetro View Post
    I get the same error as well, and called Sprint to confirm that my password was correct.

What gives?

Thanks,
    Make sure it's your AIM screen name and password, not the vision user id and password.
    I made sure it was AIM screen name and password. It worked last week and not this week.
    yeah i checked and double checked.. same thing.. i think its just dead..
    Hello. New member.

I'm having the same problem with IM. It was working fine, and now all of a sudden, nothing. It says, (error 422) UserID and ClientID does not match.

It's the same user id that worked a few days ago. Nothing changed. And the user name and PW entered are absolutely correct.
    Quote Originally Posted by halestorm View Post
    Hello. New member.

I'm having the same problem with IM. It was working fine, and now all of a sudden, nothing. It says, (error 422) UserID and ClientID does not match.

It's the same user id that worked a few days ago. Nothing changed. And the user name and PW entered are absolutely correct.
    Several of us had error 422 a while back. What fixed it for me was uninstalling IM, then reinstalling it by clicking on the IM icon. So far, so good...
    anyone know the link to download it?
    I use Toccer also on the 755P.
    No problems with it. Only problem I have is that I can't type fast enough on the Treo.

It doesn't have a fancy screen and you can't send icons, but it works, I can even receive phone calls, while I'm on it. I can't do both at the same time how ever but for me its solid. No unexpected crashes.

You can download the latest trial version at

http://www.atomiccog.com/products/toccer-for-treo/

I think registration is $7.00 but I've been using it for free. Also, it doesn't use your SMS to send messages, unlike the version provided with your 755P.
    The IM program included with the 755 does not use SMS.
    Quote Originally Posted by rnld View Post
    The IM program included with the 755 does not use SMS.
    yes is does and it is VERy SLOW and clunky.

I am using Mundu.... stays connected better than Sprint IM.

Verichat still the best but ending in December
    You can't be talking about the Sprint Instant Message app in ROM.

That is data only, and works quite well.

If you are using the AOL portal AIM app via web, yes that is ultra clunky and useless.
    The IM program on the 755p is useless, when (or if) you get connected it doesn't even show all of your AIM contacts, maybe 20 or so.. Definitely go with either Toccer (basic chat functions and free) or Mundu (more advanced functions, picture sending/file transfer and $11 for life).

Note: if you want to try Mundu, you have to email them for the latest beta version to get 755p compatibility, the version on their site doesn't have it.
    I just downloaded Toccer. Why, I don't know as I never IM, but I was wondering, does it keep your phone connected to the internet constantly? It worked great when I tested it, and I called the phone while it was online and the call came in, but wonder how it would work if it disconnects from the internet.
    Kyocera 6035 > Kyocera 7135 > Treo 600 > Treo 650. All Verizon. Sprint Treo 755p, HTC Mogul & Centro
    Unlocked Treo 680 for trips outside Sprint's areas
    i guess i'm getting old and no longer have to be on the cutting edge of everything, but i installed my old copy of AOL for palm 3.3 (i think its the most recent version but i say old because aol doesn't seem to have it at the site anymore) and it works just fine on the 755.
    Change is a challenge to the adventurous, an opportunity to the alert, a threat to the insecure.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast