1.    #1  
    Ok , never have seen this before on ANY Treo.

Last night went to bed with phone radio turned off (99% certain it was off anyway)

Around 3 am looked over at nightstand and noticed green LED blinking. tapped screen and I had this message"

Battery Capacity 45%

Because of weak battery, wireless update could not proceed and operation has been cancelled.

Huh??

Anybody else every get this message at any time for any reason? Treo doing this or do you think was it some app? No app that i have doses this that I know of.
    Never seen that, personally.

I have long believed that Sprint sent updates to the Treos but had no evidence other than incessant reprovisioning at times and cryptic messages when connecting to Power Vision. Looks like there is a bit more evidence.

Tom
    maybe this wasn't an update from Sprint but rather the OnDemand information trying to update. I can't remeber but I think the default update time is 12:00 midnight if you have it activated and didn't designate a different time. Just an idea.
  4.    #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by LonghornTreo View Post
    maybe this wasn't an update from Sprint but rather the OnDemand information trying to update. I can't remeber but I think the default update time is 12:00 midnight if you have it activated and didn't designate a different time. Just an idea.

Well thats as good of a guess as anything so far. I dont know of any other app that might do this (agendus, DBP, PTunes, TakePhone, 2Day). Has anybody else seen any kind of messege like this???

BTW, it was correct, my battery WAS at 45%, but what update other than a full MR would require so much juice?
    yes, it happened to me couple times.. I guess not as crazy as urs..
    I had couple incidnts, battery went low as 20% after usig 1+ day, I saw that msg... didn't bother to check if there's something wrong or not. but for sure it happened between 2 am to 8 am all three times
  6.    #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by amdxmania View Post
    yes, it happened to me couple times.. I guess not as crazy as urs..
    I had couple incidnts, battery went low as 20% after usig 1+ day, I saw that msg... didn't bother to check if there's something wrong or not. but for sure it happened between 2 am to 8 am all three times

Hey there! what apps do you have on your 755? anything you think might be causing this msg?
    my treo software app updates every sunday; did you download something from my palm?
    I had a mysterious update message telling me to turn on my phone and forced to me by something called "My Treo Sync" the other day. I have no idea what it was sending or receiving, but I tracked down what I believe to be the culprit: a little app called "My Treo" (I know, duh). It seems to be an application that serves up the latest version of Handmark's Solitaire and keeps it updated. Why? - I don't know.

There's an "option" for updating which is apparently turned ON by default - I turned it off - though it threatens me that "Turning off auto-updating may cause compatibility issues."

But I'd still like to know WTF it is sending and receiving.. and why I need to keep my solitaire application "up to date"..
    Treo 755s in good condition available on ebay for $50-$75. No need to pay for insurance or buy a Pre.
  9.    #9  
    Quote Originally Posted by RawisTheGameHhH View Post
    my treo software app updates every sunday; did you download something from my palm?

Well I did download MobiTV and Traffic, I have deleted Traffic but TV is still on there. Before my Hard Reset and total reprogramming, I had also downloaded Solitare and the (useless IMO) Files program.

So perhaps it is looking for some updates, but does it really need more than 45% battery life to update?!?!?!
    Quote Originally Posted by midmofan View Post
    Well I did download MobiTV and Traffic, I have deleted Traffic but TV is still on there. Before my Hard Reset and total reprogramming, I had also downloaded Solitare and the (useless IMO) Files program.

So perhaps it is looking for some updates, but does it really need more than 45% battery life to update?!?!?!
    I think the update is the software app (its the 3rd icon on my home screen). It is updating the store. In addition, if you do a manually update of the software app, you will see the my treo sync connection.
  11.    #11  
    Quote Originally Posted by RawisTheGameHhH View Post
    I think the update is the software app (its the 3rd icon on my home screen). It is updating the store. In addition, if you do a manually update of the software app, you will see the my treo sync connection.
    FWIW, have never seen any type of sync connection, just the message that the wireless update could not take place because my battery was too weak. Will try turning off every update I can find and see if that has any effect.
  12.    #12  
    Well its confirmed that it is the "My Treo" software trying to update early Sunday morning. This time the radio was on but the update failed as the battery was only 39%.

Anybody know how to stop the automatic update? I don't see any option in My Treo to NOT auto update.
    Quote Originally Posted by midmofan View Post
    Well its confirmed that it is the "My Treo" software trying to update early Sunday morning. This time the radio was on but the update failed as the battery was only 39%.

Anybody know how to stop the automatic update? I don't see any option in My Treo to NOT auto update.
    Its done in the menu of the "software" application.
    At 255 AM i awoke to see light coming from my Treo. The screen was running an app called MY TREO SYNC and the screen said "connecting . . . PALM" with graphics showing a treo connecting to a computer or the internet. I have never used wireless or BT sync. I wondered if I was dreaming so I wrote all this down before going to bed so in the AM i would see the note and know it had really happened. i had to remove the battery to stop the sync. I found this thread but I do not have solitaire or any of the other apps you mention loaded except I did have MY TREO. I believe this is a Palm Inc app to update the Treo. Thanks to this post I was able to deselect the update, but I wonder if I am missing anything important by shutting this off. And why doesn't anyone know about this update. it is like a scene from the movie I ROBOT where the robots are secretly updated by the evil US ROBOTICS.

BTW althouth TC has once again saved me in this siutation, as so often happens I could not find this thread with TC Search but I did find it in Google. Why can't the TC search be improved?