1.    #1  
    Does anyone know if the battery on the 700p battery (palm original battery) will fit on the 755p?
  2. ceb
    Global Posts
    538 Global Posts
    Nope.

Edit: Oddly enough, the system only posted the first word of my response. The rest of my post was as follws:

While the battery may actually work, the lid won't fit on right and even the extended backs for the 750 (which are reported to fit) need modifications.
    Last edited by ceb; 06/25/2007 at 06:29 AM.
    Cheers

Charles
    it will work but the cover won't fit. but you can get one of those extended covers & you can then use the 700 battery. unfortunately you have to buy a battery to get the larger cover & seidio is a rip off. look on ebay. this guy started a thread - he got a battery & larger cover that was meant for a 750 but it worked fine on the 755. for $20!
  4.    #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by treoneo View Post
    it will work but the cover won't fit. but you can get one of those extended covers & you can then use the 700 battery. unfortunately you have to buy a battery to get the larger cover & seidio is a rip off. look on ebay. this guy started a thread - he got a battery & larger cover that was meant for a 750 but it worked fine on the 755. for $20!

or I coudl just get the 1600mh battery for $40 hmm hmm..
    yeah you could but 1600 mah doesn't add much. I guess it depends if you want that hump or not. I'd bewilling to have the hump on extended trips or days when I know I will be away from an outlet for awhile.
    I use my spare 650/700p battery in a pinch when at one location and just burning up voice minutes and/or data for a while. It's fairly easy to live without the battery cover on if you aren't moving around much, and I've already paid for the thing anyway. It's a nice tight fit and won't fall out without intention.

Just swap in the "standard" fully-charged rinky-dink 755 battery when you need to move around and you're good to go.

(Will probably buy the Seidio 2100 battery at some point - $70 shipped is just not justified for me at this point).
    Treo 755s in good condition available on ebay for $50-$75. No need to pay for insurance or buy a Pre.