1.    #1  
    Has anybody been able to get a free phone exchange from verizon? Because our treos 700p are not working properly I wonder if were able to get another without paying money?
    I'm StayFly, its not just a name its a lifestyle, so get some style in your life
    Global Posts
    41 Global Posts
    After a few phone exchanges (e.g., due to a broken headset jack, SMS lock up issues, etc.), calling into technical support and finally talking to an extremely nice technical support operator I was able to walk into a local VZW store, hand over my 700P (which I've had for 6+ months) and pick up a new BB 8830 w/ a SIM card for $0. VZW service might be expensive and they've disabled GPS in the 8830, but their customer service is #1 as far as I am concerned.
    Last edited by Peter; 06/24/2007 at 10:32 AM.
    Global Posts
    442 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Peter View Post
    ...VZW service might be expensive ... but their customer service is #1 as far as I am concerned.
    This is the post of the year IMHO.
    Verizon's customer service is wonderful.
    I'm not talking about tech support and the difficulty in dealing with the Palm software problems, I'm referring to the people who are in customer service.
  4.    #4  
    wow I guess i can try when the 755p comes out
    I'm StayFly, its not just a name its a lifestyle, so get some style in your life
    Global Posts
    473 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by stayfly View Post
    Has anybody been able to get a free phone exchange from verizon? Because our treos 700p are not working properly I wonder if were able to get another without paying money?
    Here is what I did:

After 4 different exchanges for various purposes; ie sd card mount issue, bluetooth disconnect, lag screen, and a combination of all three, I called teir two tech support. I went through all the hoops and resets, hard resets and even a conference call with Plam. (SIC) This was my 5th treo in less than 8 months and I had paid full retail for my initial purchase.

I was able to get a brand new 700p in the wrapper shipped to me next day air. The rep had spoken with the local store manager and arrainged an in store swap for full retail value of the new 700p. I ended trading it in for a VX6700 (which I now realize I hate) and an sd card and car charger. I used the 6700 for about a 2 months and switched back to my 700p until my new every two became eligible for upgrade. I had previously cancelled my data plan due to many resets caused by the dbcache so I was not using data.

When i exercised my ne2 option, I went with a u740 for about two weeks and couldn't take it. I switched to bb8830, signed up for data, exercised the rebate and am sending my 700p for the exchange program. The cost to me? $20 bucks. I am really happy with the bb and really only lost the camera part of the handset. No more resets, bluetooth issues and it just works.....

Stayfly, good luck with this and remember, be direct but kind. vzw will work with you if you treat them with the respect that you would expect from them.
    Cigar,
    VZW 755p
    VAJA Orange Case, Custom takephone skin (Thanks NachoB), Chatter, PalmRevolt, treolauncher, and a bunch of other stuff
    I got my third 700P since mid-May yesterday. I was in and out of the Verizon store in less than 20 minutes. The store rep. told me that they were getting the 755 in Mid-July, so hopefully, something else happens to my 700P before then and I can just upgrade. I can't believe I just said that. . .Bad karma!