Global Posts
    53 Global Posts
    Hi,
    I just picked up a new 755 today. I work at a military base and can not have a camera. I upgraded from a 650 that i removed that camera, And it was not a problem.
    Has anyone removed the camera off the 755 ? And can you tell me if they have some kind of way to see that i took the phone apart. (in case of warranty issues)
    I know they had a sticker over one of the torq screws on the 650.

Thanks,
    Ron
  2. ceb
    Global Posts
    538 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by 240zron View Post
    Hi,
    I just picked up a new 755 today. I work at a military base and can not have a camera. I upgraded from a 650 that i removed that camera, And it was not a problem.
    Has anyone removed the camera off the 755 ? And can you tell me if they have some kind of way to see that i took the phone apart. (in case of warranty issues)

Thanks,
    Ron
    They can always tell if you took the thing apart. What may be better than physically remocing the camera is taking the back off and putting something over the camera - then closing it back up.

This is different from the "duct tape over the lens" because the only way you can remove it is by taking the back off. You can also use Invisible or Obfuscate to hide the camera apps (in addition to the physical mods) to show that it wouldn't be easy to take pictures...
    Cheers

Charles
    Global Posts
    168 Global Posts
    Just an FYI, I ordered a replacement body from the 750 version that comes without a phone. I'm planning on using that to either conceal the camera (and render it useless absent taking the thing apart) or, if it doesn't fit with the camera still installed, using it to at least cover the hole that's left.
  4. d94
    Global Posts
    304 Global Posts
    iv said this before and i dont know if anyones succeeded, but the little mirror thing is just a sticker..if you could find another, it would fit perfectly over the camera..do that + hide the camera apps and your set + you wont void the warranty
    palm pro > visor > m100 > visor prism > clie sl30 > zire 71 > dell X5 > toshiba E755 > clie NX70 > ipaq 2200 > Treo 700w (verizon) > Treo 700wx (sprint) > Treo 755p (sprint) > HTC Mogul > HTC Diamond > HTC Touch Pro > Pre
    Quote Originally Posted by 240zron View Post
    Hi,

Thanks,
    Ron
    The 755p comes without a camera according to Palm's website. I would call Sprint and ask them if you can exchange it. That would make things easier for you. I was going to call them and do the same, but now that I have a 10 month old boy, that takes priority over work.
    Me = Nokia 5170/Palm III > Kyocera 6035 > Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 700p > Treo 755p > Treo Pro > Palm Pre

Wife = Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 755p > Palm Centro > Palm Pixi
  6. ceb
    Global Posts
    538 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by d94 View Post
    iv said this before and i dont know if anyones succeeded, but the little mirror thing is just a sticker..if you could find another, it would fit perfectly over the camera..do that + hide the camera apps and your set + you wont void the warranty
    No matter, the little sticky doesn't meet the "no camera" requirements. It is questionable if anything but a solid back meets the requirements, but if you can show that you've taken steps to actively make the camera physically unuseable (by covering the lens that the cover cannot be removed short of major surgery) AND by removing or disabling the software, then that might fly in some offices. The local security folks need to be consulted before you bring it in though - in any case...
    Cheers

Charles
    wow.. is this a common situation where you need to disable the camera?
  8. ceb
    Global Posts
    538 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by brianmcuasito View Post
    wow.. is this a common situation where you need to disable the camera?
    Sure. Lots of offices, and most government contractors, have a no camera policy. Many have a no camera, no cell phone policy, while some have a no camera, no cell phone, no flash drive, no removeable storage, no PDA policy.

Some folks have company issued blackberrys that they can't take into their own offices...
    Cheers

Charles
    Global Posts
    168 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by cash70 View Post
    The 755p comes without a camera according to Palm's website.

Link?

Thanks.
    I'm missing several of the small torx screws anyone know the size or where I can get them?
    Palm Pilot>Palm III>Palm Color>Palm m505>Palm T5>Treo700w>vzw Treo700wx>Maybe the next gen iPhone next.
    Global Posts
    168 Global Posts
    In case anyone runs across this thread down the road, I posted a thread here:

http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...d.php?t=146610

detailing how I used a replacement body panel from a camera-less version of the 750 to cover the camera on my 755p.
    Quote Originally Posted by dbett View Post
    Link?

Thanks.
    http://www.palm.com/us/business/busi.../treo755p.html

Footnote #11
    Me = Nokia 5170/Palm III > Kyocera 6035 > Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 700p > Treo 755p > Treo Pro > Palm Pre

Wife = Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 755p > Palm Centro > Palm Pixi
    Global Posts
    168 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by cash70 View Post
    Interesting. Wonder if that's only available through a business account, or if a store or customer service can order one for you.